Gucci Disco Bag Club

Hi ladies,

I'm finally a member of this club! I've been wanting this bag for almost 3 years now, but whenever I decide to pull the trigger and buy a bag, I always opt for something else. However, I decided it was finally time to buy this as my everyday bag after wanting it for so long. I ordered the black one online and got it in today! Its the perfect size for my everyday items. One thing I noticed tho (I wear my bags on my left shoulder - not crossbody) is that the tassel/zip lands in the back which seems inconvenient. :sad: I know I just got the bag today and maybe I'll get used to it but when I took the bag out today, it seemed kind of annoying that the zip was towards the back - it just felt awkward trying to zip and unzip the bag. Plus, it would've been cuter if the tassel landed in the front haha.

Also, I'm not much of a gucci person (even tho recently I've been sucked in by the new dionysus collection and some of their WOCs) but never realized they had new packaging! The dust bag is white with a white and black gucci label stitched on and the box it came in has a magnetic closure - also white and black. This is my first Gucci bag, so I'm not sure how long the bags have looked like this but my mom's gucci bags came in a brown gucci dust bag and brown gucci box! hmmm...
personally I really like the new minimalistic packaging of the dust bags and box!

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I'm finally a member of this club! I've been wanting this bag for almost 3 years now, but whenever I decide to pull the trigger and buy a bag, I always opt for something else. However, I decided it was finally time to buy this as my everyday bag after wanting it for so long. I ordered the black one online and got it in today! Its the perfect size for my everyday items. One thing I noticed tho (I wear my bags on my left shoulder - not crossbody) is that the tassel/zip lands in the back which seems inconvenient. :sad: I know I just got the bag today and maybe I'll get used to it but when I took the bag out today, it seemed kind of annoying that the zip was towards the back - it just felt awkward trying to zip and unzip the bag. Plus, it would've been cuter if the tassel landed in the front haha.

Also, I'm not much of a gucci person (even tho recently I've been sucked in by the new dionysus collection and some of their WOCs) but never realized they had new packaging! The dust bag is white with a white and black gucci label stitched on and the box it came in has a magnetic closure - also white and black. This is my first Gucci bag, so I'm not sure how long the bags have looked like this but my mom's gucci bags came in a brown gucci dust bag and brown gucci box! hmmm...
personally I really like the new minimalistic packaging of the dust bags and box!

you wear it on your left shoulder and the Tassel is at the back?
I thought it would be at the right shoulder on the back and on the left shoulder at the front. (like you can see at the pics?)

I want to buy the black disco in a few days at the store.
love it for sooo Long but now I decided to pick it up!

I always wear my bags on the right side of my Body. so reassured the Tassel is at the back because I think it Looks right that way and all my bags open from right to left :smile:

Attachments

• Emma-Roberts-Gucci-Soho-Disco-Bag.jpg
    Emma-Roberts-Gucci-Soho-Disco-Bag.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 14,453
  • emma.jpg
    emma.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 5,489
I thought it would be at the right shoulder on the back and on the left shoulder at the front. (like you can see at the pics?)

I always wear my bags on the right side of my Body. so reassured the Tassel is at the back because I think it Looks right that way and all my bags open from right to left :smile:
Yup, I wear it on my left shoulder and the tassel is definitely in the back! I guess that's why it feels weird because you zip from left to right. I guess I could wear it on my right shoulder, but that also feels weird

UPDATE!

The tassel most definitely is on the front - even tho I wear it on my left shoulder. I didn't even realize I was wearing my bag technically backwards in an attempt to have the buckle in the back! (maybe someone was too excited to finally get their bag...:lolots:smile:

UPDATE!

The tassel most definitely is on the front - even tho I wear it on my left shoulder. I didn't even realize I was wearing my bag technically backwards in an attempt to have the buckle in the back! (maybe someone was too excited to finally get their bag...:lolots:smile:

Oh good, because I just checked mine :smile:and on the left my tassel is in the front

Hi everyone!

My sweet husband surprised me with this bag in the red! When I say he surprised me, I have been sending him Instagram photos and giving sutble hints for 6 months, hehe.
I'm over the moon! I don't usually like red but this deep colour grabbed me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,713
Reactions: mrs.JC and kmc2s
I am joining the club today yah! Although I'm loving the bag, but the quality of leather is not so nice, especially the tassel feels kinda like plastic leather (if there's such thing). The leather on my bag just doesn't feel luxury at all, is that normal? does anyone else feel the same with their bag? Maybe it's just me. I purchased mine from the Gucci website.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 1,681
Reactions: mrs.JC and kmc2s
I am joining the club today yah! Although I'm loving the bag, but the quality of leather is not so nice, especially the tassel feels kinda like plastic leather (if there's such thing). The leather on my bag just doesn't feel luxury at all, is that normal? does anyone else feel the same with their bag? Maybe it's just me. I purchased mine from the Gucci website.

I have to say in general I am not impressed by the leather in any bags anymore. I'm from old school when bags had soft gorgeous leather. But I like the Gucci Soho leather, its tough but malleable. My tassells feel fine, nice and soft. I'm happy with it, considering what else is available. What brand's leather do you like?