Anyone who discovered Chanel leave LV entirely?

May 16, 2013
Now that I have my first Chanel, I look at my LV and think hmmmm.... Don't get me wrong, they are beauties too, but there is something about Chanel that makes me want to stick with them entirely...... Anyone else?

i have sold all my lv bags ever since i fell in love with chanel ... now i am into H but i won't sell my chanel ... i will only keep these two brands in my collections for now

Now that I have my first Chanel, I look at my LV and think hmmmm.... Don't get me wrong, they are beauties too, but there is something about Chanel that makes me want to stick with them entirely...... Anyone else?
I actually have never liked LV, at all. You can see it anywhere. Strangely, it's the one luxury brand I have never even considered buying a brand from.

But I have butterflies for chanel!

I was never into LV but if anything through this forum, I see the appeal of LV better. Not sure I would get one still but I 'need' (more like want/fancy) a tote and may consider a non canvas neverfull. Chanel is still my go to bag brand.

I actually have never liked LV, at all. You can see it anywhere. Strangely, it's the one luxury brand I have never even considered buying a brand from.

But I have butterflies for chanel!

+1 I do have one LV bag and one LV SLG. But most LV bags do not appeal to me (and I do not like the monogram). Overall, I have never been drawn to LV styles.

I am feeling the same way. I loved LV, there was a time when I was a fanatic. I only liked Mono, but as time went on I began to notice everyone had it and I didn't like seeing them everywhere. Although I loved them for their gorgeousness, I liked having a unique bag.

When I got my first Chanel (just a few weeks ago) it was a boy and I LOVE it. I was talking to a co-worker about the lambskin and she said: "now that is a fantastic, quality bag" and I said yeah my LVs don't sparkle anymore now haha. She then told me LV mono is canvas and Chanel is leather...it hit me that she is right!

I have sold nearly all of my LV to fund another Chanel hahahha. There is just something so chic AND classy about Chanel........

I have only two LV bags that I would never sell ..Speedy and NF. My throw everywhere, travel, groceries, the places I can't bring my Chanel or Hermes..bags.

Once I discovered Hermes - I got rid of Chanels and now only left with three coz I didn't want to end up with a closet full. I tried to add versatility to my closet...colors, hardware, sizes, leathers and canvas.

+1 I do have one LV bag and one LV SLG. But most LV bags do not appeal to me (and I do not like the monogram). Overall, I have never been drawn to LV styles.

+2 I have one bag and one SLG as well. I also do not like the monogram nor most of their styles. I do, however, think that their SLG designs are more varied than Chanel and am considering another LV SLG purchase. I don't think I would purchase another bag though.

Chanel is definitely my main brand, I like their RTW, fine and costume jewellery, watches and accessories and SLG. LV I love for totes, light weight roomy bags that I don't have to worry about getting ruined. So there is room in my closet for both.

I was actully VERY anti LV for ever! I didn't care for the monogram, the price point for canvas offended my sensibilities...and then Pochette Metis happened! The day I finally got to see it in person I fell in love and needed all the SLG's to go with! There are only a few LV's that I feel I would get and keep in my collection. My Pochette Metis and soon a keepall and the slg's. To me those, especially the keepall and slg's and just good basics. Outside of that Chanel has really stolen my heart, I'll add a Boy to my collection soon but there are other brands that I'd like too just to offer a variety of styles to my collection. All are classics to those brands though so I feel they're still good investments. For me I don't see enough style variation to have me be exlcusive to Chanel, at least not now.

Chanel is my #1 brand for leather goods, I don't see myself selling any Chanels at the moment. I have a LV marly but am trying to sell it (and fund another Chanel!). Not a particularly big fan of LV. Definitely like the Chanel designs much more!

I have 3 LV bags and 4 LV SLG's. I plan to add another LV bag this Spring in Azur to round out my collection. I purchase my bags with the intent to enjoy and keep them forever and not as an investment. It's good to know that if I needed to I could sell them and recoup some of my funds, but I never buy with the intent to sale later down the line. I'm currently on the hunt for my first Chanel Boy bag and then I'll be adding 1 Classic Flap bag and 1 SLG, but purchasing these items won't drive me to start selling off my LV's.

Last edited: