Speedy B with Monogram strap

blueangel22

Mar 1, 2015
Hello lovelies! I have been trying to decide between the Speedy B25 in mono or DE. I love the mono but was afraid I would not like it anymore when the patina gets very dark. Hence considering the DE option. But I also heard that the DE strap isn't quite comfortable on the shoulders. I also heard about the monogram strap and that it would be a carefree option too.

So now I'm asking... Have any of you guys tried wearing your Speedy B mono with the monogram strap? How does it look like? Is it comfy on the shoulders? Pictures would really help. And advices too. TIA! :hugs::heart:

I have the speedy b 25 DE and the strap is fine over the shoulder. It's a new bag and I haven't worn it crossbody yet so I can't comment on that. I think the mono speedy 25 looks better with the vachetta strap IMO. The mono strap like the one for the Metis pochette is similar to the de one. I would take that in consideration as well. I'm like you though with the patina getting dark. On some bags it looks great but I don't know how it looks on the mono speedy b. Maybe someone can post a photo of one with the monogram strap...GL with your decision :smile:

I have the speedy b 25 DE and the strap is fine over the shoulder. It's a new bag and I haven't worn it crossbody yet so I can't comment on that. I think the mono speedy 25 looks better with the vachetta strap IMO. The mono strap like the one for the Metis pochette is similar to the de one. I would take that in consideration as well. I'm like you though with the patina getting dark. On some bags it looks great but I don't know how it looks on the mono speedy b. Maybe someone can post a photo of one with the monogram strap...GL with your decision :smile:

Hello! Thanks for your input. What do you mean the mono strap is similar to DE? Is it in terms of stiffness and being comfortable on the shoulders?

Hello! Thanks for your input. What do you mean the mono strap is similar to DE? Is it in terms of stiffness and being comfortable on the shoulders?

It's thick and more stiff like the de strap. It wasn't bad crossbody over a jacket for me. But I'm bony in the shoulder area so it was more uncomfortable to me over a shirt. The de strap the same thing. The mono straps are way more comfy and soft.

It's thick and more stiff like the de strap. It wasn't bad crossbody over a jacket for me. But I'm bony in the shoulder area so it was more uncomfortable to me over a shirt. The de strap the same thing. The mono straps are way more comfy and soft.

That might be a setback, since I'm very bony too! :lolots:
I wonder if there's anyone out there with pics... just so curious on how it looks like...

I have a speedy b de and for me the strap has gotten softer over time. It wasn't like that when I first got it. I recall it getting softer after a little over a year since I got it.

I honestly don't think the monogram Speedy B would look good with a monogram strap... It's not that difficult to imagine - there are "straps" of leather on the sides of the bag so the vachetta strap looks like an extension of them (if that makes any sense). The monogram strap is made of coated canvas and it's very stiff - the ebene leather will relax over time and become more comfortable (I've only had my Speedy B 25 DE for 3 months, so mine hasn't relaxed yet, but I've had no issues with it being uncomfortable, it's pretty wide). Of course, the vachetta strap is supposed to be the most comfortable option. If you take care of your bags and don't intend to carry it in the rain (even with a monogram strap, there is still vachetta on the handles and sides of the bag) the monogram is a lovely option. If you want something totally worry free, go for DE.

I honestly don't think the monogram Speedy B would look good with a monogram strap... It's not that difficult to imagine - there are "straps" of leather on the sides of the bag so the vachetta strap looks like an extension of them (if that makes any sense). The monogram strap is made of coated canvas and it's very stiff - the ebene leather will relax over time and become more comfortable (I've only had my Speedy B 25 DE for 3 months, so mine hasn't relaxed yet, but I've had no issues with it being uncomfortable, it's pretty wide). Of course, the vachetta strap is supposed to be the most comfortable option. If you take care of your bags and don't intend to carry it in the rain (even with a monogram strap, there is still vachetta on the handles and sides of the bag) the monogram is a lovely option. If you want something totally worry free, go for DE.

This. :tup:

I have both speedy B 25 mono and DE. I find both straps pretty comfortable. I prefer the vachetta strap on the speedy B although I have Metis hobo and Metis pochette, I personally wouldn't use it for the speedy B...

I have a speedy b de and for me the strap has gotten softer over time. It wasn't like that when I first got it. I recall it getting softer after a little over a year since I got it.

I have both speedy B 25 mono and DE. I find both straps pretty comfortable. I prefer the vachetta strap on the speedy B although I have Metis hobo and Metis pochette, I personally wouldn't use it for the speedy B...

Thank you so much for your input ladies! I really like the mono and honey patina but I wouldn't know how I would feel if the patina gets darker than that. Would you mind posting pics? I tried searching pics online but unfortunately there aren't any. And our local boutique is 2 hours away so I really can't exactly try it on and play with it anytime I want to. :nogood:

I like the idea of the mono strap, but unfortunately I think it may look a little off considering that the connection and support strap around the bag is leather. If you are looking for something carefree and can be worn in all weather then DE is usually the best way to go. The strap is more stiff when new, but with time and love it will soften up considerably and become more comfortable.