Jewelry Lovers chit chat thread

How is everyone doing?

I was wondering, what do you put your rings in before you go to bed at night? A dish? Will the ceramic cause superficial scratches? do you use leather/velvet Etc?

I have a box with velvet padded ring slots that I keep my rings in. In fact, I have several that I use to keep my jewelry organized in by metals or collections. I don't like to sleep in jewelry so always put it away before bedtime.

Hello everyone, new to the thread but have been lurking for a bit. I just wanted to weigh in, I have one of those tall dual purpose jewelry/ mirror stands. It's about 5 feet tall and it pivots with locking mirror doors. One side has hooks for necklaces and the other side has space for bracelets and some rings. I really only keep lower value stuff in there. I think I got it from Target or Walmart. I definitely like the idea of "professional" velvet boxes to hold rings in.

There a several of us in here who know about gems. What's your question?

Ok, this is going to sound mad but what blue stones go red under uv lights? I was wearing my grandmothers ring today and my boyfriend got a new torch and when he shined the uv part the blue stone in the ring went a very bright, nearly scary red, and I'm curious what it is? Just took this pictures, might help.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1453663792.038611.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1453663855.685599.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1453663819.551679.jpg

Ok, this is going to sound mad but what blue stones go red under uv lights? I was wearing my grandmothers ring today and my boyfriend got a new torch and when he shined the uv part the blue stone in the ring went a very bright, nearly scary red, and I'm curious what it is? Just took this pictures, might help.

I've never seen that. Could it be a stone that has been enhanced through heat or another process? Maybe it's some sort of topaz? Are you sure it's a natural stone?

Your local jeweler could tell you what stone it is if you'd like to know for sure.

I've never seen that. Could it be a stone that has been enhanced through heat or another process? Maybe it's some sort of topaz? Are you sure it's a natural stone?

Your local jeweler could tell you what stone it is if you'd like to know for sure.

Yeah the only good jeweller near me is in Dublin city, just would be nice to get some views on here, then I'll head to town Monday, and as far as I know the stamps on the inside of the ring say the year1800's