Repairs

Starr7

Dec 23, 2015
I was wondering if anyone has ever had the lining on their cosmetic pouchette repaired or the lining on any purse please let me know as the lining on my cosmetic pouch is destroyed

I was wondering if anyone has ever had the lining on their cosmetic pouchette repaired or the lining on any purse please let me know as the lining on my cosmetic pouch is destroyed

Yes, Louis Vuitton can reline an item that was lined with Vuittonite. Bags are changed to fabric while cosmetic pochettes are usually lined with the new formulated Vuittonite, which seems to be longer-lasting.

Be advised that the re-lining may be very expensive for a small item. You will have to tell us how much they are quoting you.

Also, they might turn down the repair request. That's always a possibility. You have to take your item in store to find out more about your options.

Good luck.

Excellent advice here

I'm rehabbing a new to me GM Large Bucket Tote with Baguette
Here are some before pics...
Listing shows a VERY Sticky bag!
View attachment 2167570
View attachment 2167571
View attachment 2167572
View attachment 2167573
View attachment 2167574
View attachment 2167575

I love this bag, I am not re-lining the bag
More pics to follow!

More pics of my Sticky GM bag I received it today!

View attachment 2167576
View attachment 2167587

If you notice the baguette is sticky inside also.
So I'm using Simple Green and water with a scrub brush and gloves to clean the bag.
Simple Green is biodegradable and it's taken off the sticky layer along with the date code inside the baguette :sad:

View attachment 2167577
Tools for the job!

What it looks like drying in the sun!
View attachment 2167578
View attachment 2167581
View attachment 2167582

Baguette drying in the sun!

View attachment 2167579

One more of Baguette after cleaning outside with Simple Green, water, and a scrub brush
View attachment 2167592

No more Sticky bag! Now it looks like fabric inside the two bags!

When the bag drys completely I'll post more pics! :smile:

Still drying... My new to me GM Tote after cleaning next to sissy Speedy30!

View attachment 2167903

Inside GM...

View attachment 2167904

Inside Baguette...

View attachment 2167905

Hopefully the smell of Simple Green will subside a bit...

I've cleaned out my bucket pouch I received secondhand. It turned out well. I'd rather have the fabric than have it relined with Vuittonite, although I removed the date code and affected its "value" in the secondary market. Not that I care though since I don't plan on selling it.

If the resale value matters to you, I would suggest having it relined by LV. Otherwise, you can just clean it out with some soap and a cleaning rag, which is what I did. A coin/quarter also helps with scratching :biggrin:

Attachments

• sticky.jpg
    sticky.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I've cleaned out my bucket pouch I received secondhand. It turned out well. I'd rather have the fabric than have it relined with Vuittonite, although I removed the date code and affected its "value" in the secondary market. Not that I care though since I don't plan on selling it.

If the resale value matters to you, I would suggest having it relined by LV. Otherwise, you can just clean it out with some soap and a cleaning rag, which is what I did. A coin/quarter also helps with scratching :biggrin:

What kind of soap

I cleaned my sticky JP with a nail polish remover. It was super quick, and after airing it outside the smell of the polish remover was gone in no time.
I guess the soap method mentioned above is less invasive. But I'm the crazy one. I also washed my LVs in a washing machine, so... ;)
I would say- always try on the most hidden part first.
Good luck.