Chocolate Bayswater Discontinued?

I bought one and it arrived today. Lovely grain. I love it! I think these are older stock bayswaters though as mine came with a burgundy (rather than the newer grey) dust bag and it has the original brass postman's lock not the shinier one that is on the newer NVT bags.

My second bag just arrived, the leather looks completely different to the first one, sort of a bigger grain in parts if that makes sense and a rougher and wrinkled surface . It already looks a bit worn and slightly faded on the edges so I will keep the original one which was pretty perfect and the leather feels much more luxurious. I didn't realise there was so much variation in the bags. Just have to package it back up to return now and I can get the other one wrapped up nicely :yahoo:

So glad yours have arrived and are fabulous! And mod shots or piccies? :smile:

It gets better there is a staple in the dust bag [emoji34]

OMG! Can it be that the staple is the reason for the scratches?

Flannels CS was bad when I recieved my Antony last summer without dustbag and no bubble wrap in a box that was way to big so the bag had been really tossed around.

If I were you I would have ordererd the last bays and then ask the CS to pay the return postage for this one, they should pay since the bag is faulty.

OMG! Can it be that the staple is the reason for the scratches?

Flannels CS was bad when I recieved my Antony last summer without dustbag and no bubble wrap in a box that was way to big so the bag had been really tossed around.

If I were you I would have ordererd the last bays and then ask the CS to pay the return postage for this one, they should pay since the bag is faulty.

That was my first thought as soon as I saw it! But it wouldn't explain the marks inside :sad: it came in the dust bag in bubble wrap in a flannels dust bag in just a normal plastic delivery bag. No box at all. Yes I'm definitely going to do that. I asked them to call me to find a solution. Hmm.

It's giving me second thoughts now. I have a oak and black bays. Will I get enough wear out of the chocolate? But at this price I could always sell on later? Am i better off branchig out with a tote instead or a lily that I lust over every time I see one? Hmm. Definitely need to sleep on it I think.

Now that's mouth watering!! Can I ask you a favour please? Could you measure the drop of your new bag? It does look to have a slightly longer drop than some of the new bags? I returned an oxblood one last year as it was only 15cm! Am searching for a bays with a longer drop and have been tempted by this offer!!
Now that you mention it the choc bays does have a long handle drop. I measured it and it's the same as my oak and black bays totes and my east west bays which all have a mid point drop of 19cm and fit very comfortably over my shoulder.

That was my first thought as soon as I saw it! But it wouldn't explain the marks inside :sad: it came in the dust bag in bubble wrap in a flannels dust bag in just a normal plastic delivery bag. No box at all. Yes I'm definitely going to do that. I asked them to call me to find a solution. Hmm.

It's giving me second thoughts now. I have a oak and black bays. Will I get enough wear out of the chocolate? But at this price I could always sell on later? Am i better off branchig out with a tote instead or a lily that I lust over every time I see one? Hmm. Definitely need to sleep on it I think.

Could I please ask you to measure the drop of your new bag please? Seems they might be longer than the newer ones! Which is great for me! Although I have to admit the quality issues you're having are alarming!! I hope you reach a happy solution xx

Oh no! Goodness it's all been happening in this post. Awful news fashion, really shocking bag you've received. Wondering if flannels would return the bag to mulberry for repairs or replacement foc? Toothfairy, disappointing the choc is out of stock. Perhaps it wasn't meant to be and your reservations are gut feelings?