Thinking about my first pair of CL's...help needed!!!!

KCeboKing

Feb 5, 2013
Hey all! So I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks and thinking about splurging on some CL's, but wondering what would be the best pair to start with. I don't want anything too crazy high because I'm afraid they would never get worn. I'm open to open toe, but doesn't have to be. And color....can be just about anything. I want something classic that will get a lot of wear without hurting my feet. I am usually about a 9.5-10 in heals so they stay on when I walk....so any options/help is appreciated!!!

For your first pair, stick with a classic style in black or nude. I would recommend a 100mm, I personally don't like anything less than 100mm (excluding platform if any), it makes the foot look long and the redsole less visible, but that is my personal taste.

There are plenty of styles in that range from open toe to closed. Perhaps you can narrow it down based on platform or no platform.

Keep in mind that they will stretch, patent less than other types of leathers.

Good luck and I hope you share your goodies after :smile:

I won't go higher than 100mm with a platform myself. I love CL peep toes and their slingbacks stay on my feet very well.

I'd also see what you think of their boots/booties ... I'm a fan!

What about Pigalle Plato 120mm? I know that may be a little bit higher but with the little platform these are very wearable, more like a 100mm that doesn't have a platform, and so pretty. Personally, my most comfortable pairs are the black & tan, nappa leather Pigalle 100mm spikes. They just become more and more comfortable with every wear and I feel they are so beautiful and casual enough even with the spikes.