Favorite setting sprays?

Hierophilic

Literally Satan
May 3, 2014
I'm just curious here: What are some of your favorite setting sprays? Try to include:

Age range: doesn't need to be specific
Skin type: Oily, dry, combo, ect
Make up regimen: full coverage foundation, full face, just some blush, ect.
Do you feel the setting spray prolongs your makeup wear?
Do you feel like it makes your foundation look less 'flat'?

Let me know! :biggrin:

Age range: middle age-ish :biggrin:
Skin type: Oily down the center, normal on the outer. Sometimes can be flakey after say an AHA treatment.
Make up regimen: full ish face, medium coverage foundation, powder, bronzer, blush
Do you feel the setting spray prolongs your makeup wear? Sometimes. If it's hot and humid and I'm sweating, not really. But a cooler temp. and no humidity, yes. For my skin it's really weather dependent.
Do you feel like it makes your foundation look less 'flat'? Yes

I like the UD in Deslick for setting my makeup into place. I also like the Mario Badescu Facial spray w/ Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater for taking away any powdery look or for soothing my skin if feeling irritated.

Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray

Age range: I'm 31
Skin type:
I have oily skin
Make up regimen: I use mineral foundation, generally blush and bronzer and concealer on the daily...
Do you feel the setting spray prolongs your makeup wear? Definitely! And, I almost never need to touch up with powder during the day either
Do you feel like it makes your foundation look less 'flat'? I like a matte look so I'm not sure... I hate the dewy look.

I've also tried the ELF one and don't really care for it. The Caudalie spray is pretty nice but I prefer it as a refresher not as a setting spray. I'm currently using the UD de-slick but I think I prefer the all nighter. I also like the B6 vitamin spray as a prep spray... but that's before, not after. :smile:

I'm going to bump. I'm in desperate need of a new primer and setting spray. It's not that mine aren't working, I've just used the UD All-Nighter for so long that I want to see if there are any new, better options. Anyone used Mehron?

I have semi-sensitive combo skin. I'm looking for the spray to just lock the makeup in and am not too picky otherwise.

I'm going to bump. I'm in desperate need of a new primer and setting spray. It's not that mine aren't working, I've just used the UD All-Nighter for so long that I want to see if there are any new, better options. Anyone used Mehron?

I have semi-sensitive combo skin. I'm looking for the spray to just lock the makeup in and am not too picky otherwise.

All Nighter is still my favorite :smile:

MAC Fix+ or NYX Matte finish setting spray. Fix+ is a little more "dewy" but if you want a matte finish, I highly recommend the NYX spray.

Age range: 40
Skin type: Normal to dry
Make up regimen: full face - foundation, concealer, powder, blush, bronzer, eyes, etc.
Do you feel the setting spray prolongs your makeup wear? Yes, definitely.
Do you feel like it makes your foundation look less 'flat'? Yes, I use a lot of powder products, but I like a matte finish & my skin tends to be dry. The setting spray takes away the "over-powdered" look.

I also sometimes finish with a mist of plain rosewater or the Pixi Glow Mist *after* my setting spray dries. It just adds a little extra moisture. I also sometimes use MAC Fix+ or Charged Water under my foundation to help blend/sheer things out, and help with staying powder (similar concept to Smashbox Primer Water).

Age range: 28
Skin type: Combo. Oily t-zone, everywhere else normal to dry
Make up regimen: Light coverage foundation, bronzer/blush, eyes/brows
Do you feel the setting spray prolongs your makeup wear? Yes
Do you feel like it makes your foundation look less 'flat'? Yes but not sure if it does. I like how dewy my face looks after using a spray but tbh can't tell if that makes a difference in the overall appearance.

I've used UD's All-Nighter spray and only recently have started to use NYX's Matte Finish. I'd say UD is great for staying power but NYX had the best value. I honestly only used UD when I knew I'd be more made up, or had a long night ahead of me (clubs, festivals, etc.) and I think it's fantastic.

I however have switched to NYX because of a great Ulta BOGO sale. I went to Ulta with the intention of restocking on UD but ended up wanting to try something different and saw that NYX products were on sale. What UD didn't really help with was my oily T-zone, and I had hoped NYX's matte formula would do the trick. I also hand a huge 3-week Europe trip ahead of me and crossed my fingers that it would withstand entire days of walking and being a tourist! And it did! IMO, my T-zone stayed matte far longer than with UD.

That being said, I do love the NYX spray more than UD. Because it's so cheap I can use it everyday, or at least more than I did with UD.

Age range: 28
Skin type: Combo. Oily t-zone, everywhere else normal to dry
Make up regimen: Light coverage foundation, bronzer/blush, eyes/brows
Do you feel like it makes your foundation look less 'flat'? Yes but not sure if it does. I like how dewy my face looks after using a spray but tbh can't tell if that makes a difference in the overall appearance.

I've used UD's All-Nighter spray and only recently have started to use NYX's Matte Finish. I'd say UD is great for staying power but NYX had the best value. I honestly only used UD when I knew I'd be more made up, or had a long night ahead of me (clubs, festivals, etc.) and I think it's fantastic.

I however have switched to NYX because of a great Ulta BOGO sale. I went to Ulta with the intention of restocking on UD but ended up wanting to try something different and saw that NYX products were on sale. What UD didn't really help with was my oily T-zone, and I had hoped NYX's matte formula would do the trick. I also hand a huge 3-week Europe trip ahead of me and crossed my fingers that it would withstand entire days of walking and being a tourist! And it did! IMO, my T-zone stayed matte far longer than with UD.

That being said, I do love the NYX spray more than UD. Because it's so cheap I can use it everyday, or at least more than I did with UD.

I agree, if matte is what you're looking for, NYX is definitely the way to go.

Age range: 25
Skin type: Combo
Make up regimen: Full face - light coverage foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, highlight, eyebrows
Do you feel like it makes your foundation look less 'flat'? Yes

I really like the UD All nighter - I finished one bottle after the other. The last time I went to my local Sephora they were currently out of stock so I tried the Kat Von D Lock n Load Setting Spray. I didn't like it as much as the UD. To me it almost smells like aloe vera and it doesn't have that cooling effect when sprayed on the face as the UD does. However, it does make my make up last longer. I would even say a tad bit longer than the UD. The All nighter is still my fave tho.