Extra hooks on Kellys

Love the convenience of the double loop, but understand those who prefer it be a single. I find it easier to use the double loop for the shoulder strap and love the extra bling or flash of metal on the top of the Kelly.

Love the convenience of the double loop, but understand those who prefer it be a single. I find it easier to use the double loop for the shoulder strap and love the extra bling or flash of metal on the top of the Kelly.

I agree with that too isus about the convenience of the double loop for the shoulder strap...I just really like the clean lines of the single loop. I guess we can't have everything.:rant:

Actually the H side to the back is a fact. The Evelyne was made as a boot drier and the H holes were so that the air could flow through. The correct way of wearing the Evelyne is with the H towards the back.

Yep, my SA told me the history of the bag. If the holes were there so the boots inside could dry, it seems more logical that the holes should be in front where the air could actually get in the bag rather than against the body where no air can get in at all.

Also, another reason this just doesn't compute to me is that why would Hermès design a beautiful bag and put the design on the back! And put the H stamping on the back? The Evelyne is recognized by the H design, so why in the world would that be the back of the bag, where it can't even be seen?

I guess I'm just such an analytical person that I question things that just don't at all seem logical.

Yep, my SA told me the history of the bag. If the holes were there so the boots inside could dry, it seems more logical that the holes should be in front where the air could actually get in the bag rather than against the body where no air can get in at all.

Also, another reason this just doesn't compute to me is that why would Hermès design a beautiful bag and put the design on the back! And put the H stamping on the back? The Evelyne is recognized by the H design, so why in the world would that be the back of the bag, where it can't even be seen?

I guess I'm just such an analytical person that I question things that just don't at all seem logical.

I thought the Evelyne was a groom's bag and not a boot bag (that was the HAC IIRC). It would make sense to wear the holes on the inside so the equipment doesn't get dirty by the dust in the stable or the dirt that flies through the air when cleaning the horse yet still allow the equipment in the bag to breathe somewhat. If that makes sense at all.

Having said that, there's no holes in any real live feed bags a la Mangeoire, so perhaps the 'is based on' and 'should be worn like' should not be taken toooooo seriously.

IMO the Evelyne works both ways. I personally prefer to wear the H against my body. When people still ask me what the H means, I tell them it's for "Hello", my horse; or for "Hungary".

I thought the Evelyne was a groom's bag and not a boot bag (that was the HAC IIRC). It would make sense to wear the holes on the inside so the equipment doesn't get dirty by the dust in the stable or the dirt that flies through the air when cleaning the horse yet still allow the equipment in the bag to breathe somewhat. If that makes sense at all.

Having said that, there's no holes in any real live feed bags a la Mangeoire, so perhaps the 'is based on' and 'should be worn like' should not be taken toooooo seriously.

IMO the Evelyne works both ways. I personally prefer to wear the H against my body. When people still ask me what the H means, I tell them it's for "Hello", my horse; or for "Hungary".

Now that you mention it, Groom's bag for "equipment", with the holes for air flow to dry what was inside. That is sounding like what I have heard.

I, too, often wear it with the H against my body if I need to get in and out of the pockets a lot. But I still consider it as wearing it turned backwards.

All the pics that the various H boutiques sent me of Evelynes when I was looking to buy one always had "Front" as the picture title when showing the H side.

And if the H were the back, then the bags wouldn't be in the H window displays and on the shelves with the H facing out would it? I don't believe they put bags with the backs facing out when they display them. :smile:

Fact is, th perforated H is meant to be worn on the inside, whether the merchandising people display it that way or not. I too, prefer the non-H side. They put the holes in there for ventilation, not for decoration, so it's not meant to be worn to "display" the H.

Fact is, th perforated H is meant to be worn on the inside, whether the merchandising people display it that way or not. I too, prefer the non-H side. They put the holes in there for ventilation, not for decoration, so it's not meant to be worn to "display" the H.

Just wondering why you say that it is correct to use that way. If the holes are there for ventilation, why would it be correct to wear them facing inward next to the body where not nearly the amount of air can get in as when the holes are facing outward?

Obviously, it can be worn any way the owner prefers but it seems incredulous to me that the perforated H is supposed to be the bag's back.

If I am not mistaken, I remember seeing at the store the single loop on a 28cm black porosus Kelly with 18K white gold hardware with diamonds on the turnkey and cadena. No wonder the bag looked special and stunning because of the simplicity of the single loop which enchanced the beauty of the bag's handle. The solid gold hardware had beautiful stamped hallmarks.

Just wondering why you say that it is correct to use that way. If the holes are there for ventilation, why would it be correct to wear them facing inward next to the body where not nearly the amount of air can get in as when the holes are facing outward?

Obviously, it can be worn any way the owner prefers but it seems incredulous to me that the perforated H is supposed to be the bag's back.

Because the holes are merely functional, not decorative. They don't want you to see the holes, traditionally. It's meant to be a functional bag (to air tack) that appears as a nice, normal bag from the outside, if you know what I mean? They could have just punched holes randomly, all over, but they chose (typical of Hermes) to do it in a nice, H pattern, but that doesn't mean the holes are there for display.

Jager, I agree, the single loop is so simple, clean and lovely!