Which should be my first BV Bag?

Miss World

O.G.
Nov 6, 2006
Hi BV Lovers,

I have been thinking about purchasing my Bottega Veneta bag for a few months now as i am a big fan of great quality leather and i love the quiet luxury and elegance that the brand offers.

I am trying to decide between the BV Large Veneta in Ebano, the Small Roma in black or a Pillow messenger bag in mallow. I don't really need a bag, i just want one. ;)

For those of you who own any of these bags, which one would you chose if you as your favourite after experience? What are the pros and cons etc?

Thanks heaps :smile:

Attachments

• bv choices.jpg
    bv choices.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 833
Last edited:
I am still a lover of the Veneta. I know the style has changed slightly, but I still am very fond of it. I would go with it first and if you can still get Ebano, get it. The large Ebano Veneta was my first BV bag. I know the pillow is a very popular bag here on the forum, but it has never wowed me. I have never seen the small Roma, but the regular sized one is just too big for me. I think the size is very similar to the baby Bella which I have and love to pieces.

There all so different

What do you need it for?

What kind of dresser are you usually?

Hi, yep, they definitely are all very different. This bag isn't really a 'need' more of a 'want'. I just want a bag that feels 'very Bottega' to add to my collection. As i have never owned BV i would like to know peoples personal opinions on which bag they would spend their money on if they could only have one BV after experience. :smile:

I am still a lover of the Veneta. I know the style has changed slightly, but I still am very fond of it. I would go with it first and if you can still get Ebano, get it. The large Ebano Veneta was my first BV bag. I know the pillow is a very popular bag here on the forum, but it has never wowed me. I have never seen the small Roma, but the regular sized one is just too big for me. I think the size is very similar to the baby Bella which I have and love to pieces.

Thanks heaps for your feedback. I like the style of the Roma because i feel it looks very dressy. However, i just can't get over the amazing slouchy leather on the Veneta bags, it's such a hard choice.

After reading other threads in the BV forum, i only realised today that the Veneta style has changed. I feel like the Veneta bag i tried had a bit of a 'padded' feel to the shoulder strap, which may mean i tried on the newer version of the Veneta. Also the color may have in fact been Espresso Brown as opposed to Ebano, i will have to go back to the boutique to make sure. Either way, i am happy as long as it is a dark brown. :smile:

Hi, yep, they definitely are all very different. This bag isn't really a 'need' more of a 'want'. I just want a bag that feels 'very Bottega' to add to my collection. As i have never owned BV i would like to know peoples personal opinions on which bag they would spend their money on if they could only have one BV after experience. :smile:

I only have 5 BVs but 3 are hobos and 3 are intrecciato.

Nothing says BV more to me than a intrecciato + hobo - 100%, go for the Veneta

I am biased as I just got into BV. To me, the Veneta is pure luxury to carry... So easy on the arm, the shoulder, dragging behind you! [emoji3] I bought medium first and it was too small. The large is perfect! Fits full size iPad, my sons gear when he throws it in. Best bag ever! I have no inclination to even change bags!!

I am biased as I just got into BV. To me, the Veneta is pure luxury to carry... So easy on the arm, the shoulder, dragging behind you! [emoji3] I bought medium first and it was too small. The large is perfect! Fits full size iPad, my sons gear when he throws it in. Best bag ever! I have no inclination to even change bags!!

So good to hear that you are new to BV but love the Veneta bag. I was tossing up between whether the medium size would be enough for me, but i need a little extra room to put baby things in, so large may be better. I love the look of the Maxi Veneta, but the store doesn't have any in stock for me to try on. Good to know the Large Veneta fits heaps. I'm getting so excited just thinking about owning my first BV. :biggrin:

So good to hear that you are new to BV but love the Veneta bag. I was tossing up between whether the medium size would be enough for me, but i need a little extra room to put baby things in, so large may be better. I love the look of the Maxi Veneta, but the store doesn't have any in stock for me to try on. Good to know the Large Veneta fits heaps. I'm getting so excited just thinking about owning my first BV. :biggrin:

Yes, large fits a ton! I am curious about maxi too!!

Honestly? Buy something you'll use. No bag is a complement to your wardrobe or collection when it sits in your closet. Are you wanting to buy because you feel you need to add a BV to your collection, or because you want to use it? To me (and this is just my personal opinion), you need to choose a style of purse you wear most often because otherwise you run the risk of having something "very Bottega" in your closet but it's of absolutely no use to you if it's not in a style and colour you favour. I'm not really a fan of buying for buying's sake. I guess this is why I am not an enabler. Besides, I hate seeing people buy a $2800 stuff-holder only to hate it and sell it for 40% of what they paid. But it's not my money, so whatevs...
If your most used bags are hobos, then buy a hobo. If your favourite bag is something like a Speedy 30, then go for the Boston Bag. Do yourself and your wallet a favour and go try on multiple styles and look at your existing bags and see what BV style fits in with your esthetic. If you always reach for a Black Hobo, then the Large Nero Veneta is for you.
Since you're asking for opinions, I'm a fan of the Campana and prefer it to the Veneta :graucho:

Reactions: Milena108