Lanyards?

Can you explain how to use the lanyards? I have the loop keychain but it's short, doesn't hang down.
There are no rules, but I can show you how I use mine.

The Byzantine holds a house key and mailbox key. I take it when I'm going out for a walk and/or to get my mail. I slid the keys onto a ring and then just used the clip to hold them.

The canard holds my house key and car key. The house key is on its own ring and I put it through the top of the metal clip itself as I would never take it off while I was out. You can see the car key ring can be taken off the lanyard if I need to remove it for valet parking (a rarity), service at the dealer, etc.

The green one holds a car key that does nothing but open the doors. It hangs on a hook in the back entry of my house for no known reason. (When my mother was alive, I used it for the keys to her condo.)

You can see my basic key set wrapped around a handle of my bag. I loop it a couple of times and then drop the key end through the top of the loop to keep it on the handle. What I don't show is that I then drop the key part into the bag itself, so only the wrapped parts show on the handle.

I also keep a indigo lanyard that holds a mailbox key in my car in case I need it since my other mail key lanyard is usually in the house unless I go out walking.

I sometimes slip the lanyard around my neck and wear it instead of looping it on the handle of my bag.

It would interesting to me to see how others use theirs. Come on people, give me some new ideas!

(I had to edit this post about 6 times because of errors. Please ignore any others I missed. Thank you.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 12.23.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 12.23.24 PM.png
    605.5 KB · Views: 340
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 12.24.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 12.24.36 PM.png
    484.1 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
There are no rules, but I can show you how I use mine.

The Byzantine holds a house key and mailbox key. I take it when I'm going out for a walk and/or to get my mail. I slid the keys onto a ring and then just used the clip to hold them.

The canard holds my house key and car key. The house key is on its own ring and I put it through the top of the metal clip itself as I would never take it off while I was out. You can see the car key ring can be taken off the lanyard if I need to remove it for valet parking (a rarity), service at the dealer, etc.

The green one holds a car key that does nothing but open the doors. It hangs on a hook in the back entry of my house for no known reason. (When my mother was alive, I used it for the keys to her condo.)

You can see my basic key set wrapped around a handle of my bag. I loop it a couple of times and then drop the key end through the top of the loop to keep it on the handle. What I don't show is that I then drop the key part into the bag itself, so only the wrapped parts show on the handle.

I also keep a indigo lanyard that holds a mailbox key in my car in case I need it since my other mail key lanyard is usually in the house unless I go out walking.

I sometimes slip the lanyard around my neck and wear it instead of looping it on the handle of my bag.

It would interesting to me to see how others use theirs. Come on people, give me some new ideas!

(I had to edit this post about 6 times because of errors. Please ignore any others I missed. Thank you.)
Thank you for that great post. It gives me some things to think about.

One more question - doesn't the strap hang too long when driving your car?

Thank you for that great post. It gives me some things to think about.

One more question - doesn't the strap hang too long when driving your car?
I've never noticed it. It's so light that if it does touch my leg, I've never been aware of it! They sort of curl a bit from all my winding of them. When I don't wear one around my neck or around the handle on a bag, I loop it around a couple of times in a circle and stick it in my jacket pocket. Now, I'm wondering if it does hit my leg?! Tomorrow, I'm going to try to pay attention and see if it does.

I think they're such great shots on color on a bag handle, sometimes I wind a couple of colors on the handle together. When my mother was alive I used to carry both the canard and green lanyards on my bag together. I loved the color combination.

This is a dangerous website if you don't want to buy anything. I have a 'no buy policy' for January so I'll have to wait until Feb to get my lanyard but I'm going to try one. I love all the bright colors they come in.

I have a lot of BVs but I haven't bought anything for awhile. Now I want a Bella, Pillow, Olympia and several lanyards. All this comes from reading these great posts. You girls are so knowledgeable and you zero in on the best of BVs - I love that.

At 74 I don't need any more bags but with 3 daughters waiting to inherit my bags I keep buying a few more. It will be a nice legacy for them when I'm gone. They will remember me every time they use by bags.

Lanyards are on my list - thanks Diane for telling how you use them, that was helpful.

I only have one lanyard and have been using it everyday since it was gifted to me by a friend. All my keys go on it and i remove a particular one as needed from it and it goes right back on. I've not misplaced my keys ever since I got the lanyard.