I need help deciding...

Pradagal

Lifeslittleluxury
O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
I love big bags, but thought I should try to "downsize". My back is hurting because of all the stuff I carry with me (mostly for security....you know...just in case I need something:smile: Anyway, I am looking at the Alma. I can't decide if I should go with the Alma BB or the Alma MM. If I CAN downsize, the Alma BB would hopefully work. I was thinking baby steps...meaning, I would carry my Neverfull MM in my car and leave my stuff in it that I have JUST IN CASE I need it. Hopefully over time, I will not need to even carry all of that. But then I was thinking of the Alma MM. (PM would be too small for me). If I was going to get the bigger Alma, I would want to carry everything I have with me so that would mean the PM would be a bit too small. I think I FINALLY decided on a color. I know for sure I want epi leather, and I want a pop of color. If I go with the MM, I am thinking of the Carmine color....BB I am thinking of going with the Fuschia.
Any suggestions? Thanks Ladies!:P

I love big bags, but thought I should try to "downsize". My back is hurting because of all the stuff I carry with me (mostly for security....you know...just in case I need something:smile: Anyway, I am looking at the Alma. I can't decide if I should go with the Alma BB or the Alma MM. If I CAN downsize, the Alma BB would hopefully work. I was thinking baby steps...meaning, I would carry my Neverfull MM in my car and leave my stuff in it that I have JUST IN CASE I need it. Hopefully over time, I will not need to even carry all of that. But then I was thinking of the Alma MM. (PM would be too small for me). If I was going to get the bigger Alma, I would want to carry everything I have with me so that would mean the PM would be a bit too small. I think I FINALLY decided on a color. I know for sure I want epi leather, and I want a pop of color. If I go with the MM, I am thinking of the Carmine color....BB I am thinking of going with the Fuschia.

The Alma MM is definitely not a small bag imo...I'm surprised you're considering it if you're willing to downsize! The best way would be to try them in store and perhaps branch out to another model who could hold even more than the BB without compromising size.

The Alma MM is definitely not a small bag imo...I'm surprised you're considering it if you're willing to downsize! The best way would be to try them in store and perhaps branch out to another model who could hold even more than the BB without compromising size.

The alma MM afterrr downsizing??
😱
How big were your bags before then??
😊
Like you i get back/shoulder pain if i carry heavy bags, so i can relate. But alma mm is certainly not a bag id advocate buying, pretty as it is! 🤔

Well, I am a very big fan of Alma and in Epi it's so beautiful and chic. I love the colors you're contemplating, but I agree with those who pointed out the MM is a very generous bag in terms of size. I have 2 Alma BB's and love them, but they are for essentials only. They hold a lot for being a small bag, but they are small nonetheless. I don't have an Alma PM yet, but I find it to be a great size for a daily bag. You'd also have the option of purchasing a matching shoulder strap for more carrying options. Honestly, I'd suggest trying it out with your things in the boutique. The MM is certainly beautiful, but it's a bigger bag. Good luck!

I am not near an LV so I have to order everything from their website. I definitely want an Alma. I have wanted one for 8 months now. I know the PM is going to be too small. I am use to carrying a speedy 30 empreinte, Evora MM, Brea MM (which I find too small)....you get the picture...I like big bags. However, I said I was going to see IF I CAN downsize. If the BB isn't practical for everyday, then I will go with the MM because THAT is more my size. But I was going to try and downsize due to my back hurting from carrying so much with me. This is why I thought maybe if I took "baby steps", I could use the bb as my everyday bag, but also carry the neverfull with me in my car that I can have the rest of my things with me for "just in case".

I can't really understand why you don't want the PM Size. You want to downsize in mini steps. The BB is really for Essentials. You have to downsize a lot. The MM is really heavy and for everything you need without downsizing. For me the PM is the perfect day bag. You can downsize a little and not so much you have to when you would buy a BB and it wouldn't be so heavy as the MM. By the way: I don't like the MM, way to big, not good proportions for this style. I own different Alma PM and BB. If I were you, I would go with the PM.

I carry a Speedy 30 on a daily basis, I'm like yourself I carry a little bit of everything! I have 2 Alma BBs and 2 Alma PMs. I find that I can 'comfortably' downsize to a PM, because of the tapered shaped it holds less than the speedy. But the Alma BB I sometimes struggle with as it really is essentials only, I have to switch out of everything:
my full size wallet to ZCP
Cosmetic pouch to TP15
Spectacle case to the PM slip pouch
6 keyholder to a Cles etc

There's never really any extra room for gloves etc!! But having said all that I love my BBs!

The Alma MM is a big beautiful bag but the proportions don't seem the same as the PM... it is wider but not much taller in person. Try them all out if you can, it will be worth the trip! GLD :smile:

I am not near an LV so I have to order everything from their website. I definitely want an Alma. I have wanted one for 8 months now. I know the PM is going to be too small. I am use to carrying a speedy 30 empreinte, Evora MM, Brea MM (which I find too small)....you get the picture...I like big bags. However, I said I was going to see IF I CAN downsize. If the BB isn't practical for everyday, then I will go with the MM because THAT is more my size. But I was going to try and downsize due to my back hurting from carrying so much with me. This is why I thought maybe if I took "baby steps", I could use the bb as my everyday bag, but also carry the neverfull with me in my car that I can have the rest of my things with me for "just in case".
As the owner of two Alma GMs I find the larger almas pretty lightweight empty in comparison to other leather bags like the Soft Lockit which is very heavy by itself. Of course how heavy the bag becomes depends on you. But I don't think an Alma MM is very heavy at all and the PM is too small for me.

As the owner of two Alma GMs I find the larger almas pretty lightweight empty in comparison to other leather bags like the Soft Lockit which is very heavy by itself. Of course how heavy the bag becomes depends on you. But I don't think an Alma MM is very heavy at all and the PM is too small for me.

I agree...I know the PM will be way too small. If I am going to downsize, it will be to the bb so I have a crossbody strap and then carry my Neverfull with me in my car with the rest of my things I like to have. I ordered the MM and it just arrived. WAY too big. It will get cumbersome carrying it handheld all the time. The bb is very cute and with the zcp and mini pochette and key pouch...along with my neverfull, I think I could make this work. We shall see how long it lasts:smile:

i can't really understand why you don't want the pm size. You want to downsize in mini steps. The bb is really for essentials. You have to downsize a lot. The mm is really heavy and for everything you need without downsizing. For me the pm is the perfect day bag. You can downsize a little and not so much you have to when you would buy a bb and it wouldn't be so heavy as the mm. By the way: I don't like the mm, way to big, not good proportions for this style. I own different alma pm and bb. If i were you, i would go with the pm.
+1