Need advice

Jul 5, 2007
Hello, I purchased a mini skinny on macys . com thinking it would be like the one on coach .com. The coach store has a ID spot outside and space for a debit card. The one I got is the same but the back has no slots or the plastic window for ID. They cost the same amount, but wondering if I missing put the the IiD window. Lol. Now I plan on using it for work to not have to carry my purse. I will connect my keys but not sure if I want want everyone to see my ID. I was thinking of putting a mini instax pic of my son but still unsure. Should I keep the one with nothing on back or get the other one?

I like having the pockets and the window, especially if they are the same price. I've never used a mini skinny though. When I've tried, the slots are too tight to get my cards in and out easily. I prefer the fold over card case they used to make for the outlets. It has one ID window inside and another on the outside.

I just bought one today, mine has the ID window. i just stuck an old pic of my kids when they were little that was hidden in my wallet... I agree w/whateve if they are the same price, i would like the extra slots.

Hello, I purchased a mini skinny on macys . com thinking it would be like the one on coach .com. The coach store has a ID spot outside and space for a debit card. The one I got is the same but the back has no slots or the plastic window for ID. They cost the same amount, but wondering if I missing put the the IiD window. Lol. Now I plan on using it for work to not have to carry my purse. I will connect my keys but not sure if I want want everyone to see my ID. I was thinking of putting a mini instax pic of my son but still unsure. Should I keep the one with nothing on back or get the other one?

I have the mini skinny and I love it. The window is great for me bc I can just easily flash my id whenever I'm at happy hour or going grocery shopping, basically any place that asks to see id. It's so much easier to have the slots because you don't have to keep opening or closing anything. Just my opinion :smile:

I recently purchased a key pouch that is slightly larger than a mini skinny and has no outside window/card case slot. Maybe that's what you got too? They are the same price but hard to tell the difference from the pictures provided.

Zappos has much better pictures:
Key pouch: http://www.zappos.com/product/8656377/color/585932
Mini Skinny: http://www.zappos.com/coach-box-program-smooth-mini-skinny-sv-cyclamen

I like the key pouch more because it's larger and can fit more things.
Hmmm, the measurements on those links to Zappos show both these pieces being the same size.

Hmmm, the measurements on those links to Zappos show both these pieces being the same size.

Looks like Zappos dimensions are incorrect. From coach.com, there's 1/2" all around difference. I no longer the mini skinny but the key pouch definitely feels larger.

Mini Skinny 4 1/2" (L) x 3 1/4" (H)
Key Pouch 5" (L) x 3 3/4" (H)

I like having the pockets and the window, especially if they are the same price. I've never used a mini skinny though. When I've tried, the slots are too tight to get my cards in and out easily. I prefer the fold over card case they used to make for the outlets. It has one ID window inside and another on the outside.

I just bought one today, mine has the ID window. i just stuck an old pic of my kids when they were little that was hidden in my wallet... I agree w/whateve if they are the same price, i would like the extra slots.

Agree. The mini is too tight for me.

BTW I also have the key pouch, which is perfect cause I have 2 keys for my car, the actual car key and alarm fob and it fits comfortably along w/ my house keys. It also has a fabric lining in the middle to fit your cards/money if you need to just take small things. I wouldn't recommend packing it with a lot of cards/cash/receipts b/c it might be too heavy for the ignition.

Anyway hope that helps!

I have 6 or so mini skinnys, and the older ones have one pocket on the outside while the newer ones have the pocket with slots like above. For me, it doesn't matter which one it is as long as it has a pocket-- I use my mini skinnys only for my money inside, and I put my drivers license in the pocket outside (not in the slots).

I can see why it would be too tight for multiple cards. I use a separate card case for cards. Using the mini for the above items allows me to just take that when I am walking to pick up something for lunch or if we are doing a very small errand and I need to just make sure I have money and ID with me.

I have the Mini Skinny that has 3 slots on the back side: 1 ID window, 1 card slot facing vertically, 1 long card slot facing horizontally (I can squeeze 2 cards into this one if I need to).

Truthfully, I didn't want the ID slot because I hate for a stranger to see my ID as I'm going to my car or at the register. Then I thought, well, when I am asked for my ID when I purchase alcohol, this is easier! However, EVERY grocery store cashier demands I remove my ID from the slot so they can hold it in their hands and check my face to my picture, so it's pointless! Some shops even swipe my ID for a purchase of wine, so I have to dig my fingers under the plastic to get the ID card. It's a hassle!

I'd rather just have it with no ID window, but with 3 card slots, especially for the same money.