Today I bought...

Katie2324

Sep 5, 2014
So today I got preloved item... Something I had dreaming about for years! Literally. Just could not justify price for 500-600$. I bought ellipse pm for 170$. It's 10 years old. Canvas is in perfect condition, no cracks or anything... Zipper still smooth and great. But the handles are very very worn. I tried to clean it with baby wipes. Tell me, what do you think of the handles? Can I wear it like that? Or should I buy bandeau and wrap them, lol? Or put new handles on. I mean I love the patina, but how does it look? Thanks in advance ! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1450804535.509941.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1450804550.258872.jpg

So today I got preloved item... Something I had dreaming about for years! Literally. Just could not justify price for 500-600$. I bought ellipse pm for 170$. It's 10 years old. Canvas is in perfect condition, no cracks or anything... Zipper still smooth and great. But the handles are very very worn. I tried to clean it with baby wipes. Tell me, what do you think of the handles? Can I wear it like that? Or should I buy bandeau and wrap them, lol? Or put new handles on. I mean I love the patina, but how does it look? Thanks in advance ! View attachment 3220303View attachment 3220304

My preference would be getting new handles from Louis Vuitton. The pipping will be a different color for a while but after a few months the patina would work its magic and the bag would look great. But this suggestion requires paying for the repair and a lot of patience. However, I believe it would give you fantastic results.

So today I got preloved item... Something I had dreaming about for years! Literally. Just could not justify price for 500-600$. I bought ellipse pm for 170$. It's 10 years old. Canvas is in perfect condition, no cracks or anything... Zipper still smooth and great. But the handles are very very worn. I tried to clean it with baby wipes. Tell me, what do you think of the handles? Can I wear it like that? Or should I buy bandeau and wrap them, lol? Or put new handles on. I mean I love the patina, but how does it look? Thanks in advance ! View attachment 3220303View attachment 3220304
Are those handles dark because they are still damp from the wipes or are they dry? If this is the same Ellipse you enquired about earlier then the handles had a beautiful matching patina (when dry) and I would personally leave them as is. If not, and the handles are actually that dark, then I agree with Fabuleux's suggestion.

Are those handles dark because they are still damp from the wipes or are they dry? If this is the same Ellipse you enquired about earlier then the handles had a beautiful matching patina (when dry) and I would personally leave them as is. If not, and the handles are actually that dark, then I agree with Fabuleux's suggestion.
its another ellipse, its dark the way its, not because of the wipes

My preference would be getting new handles from Louis Vuitton. The pipping will be a different color for a while but after a few months the patina would work its magic and the bag would look great. But this suggestion requires paying for the repair and a lot of patience. However, I believe it would give you fantastic results.

I agree I would replace the handles.The piping and even the chaps look pretty good so some new handles would really make her complete! Congrats

my preference would be getting new handles from louis vuitton. The pipping will be a different color for a while but after a few months the patina would work its magic and the bag would look great. But this suggestion requires paying for the repair and a lot of patience. However, i believe it would give you fantastic results.
+1

+1 you'll have a beautiful bag at the end of it... totally worth it!

The MM version was what got me into LV! Congratulations xx