has anyone regretted the size of their watches? big or small?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hi all,

Last year I bought the ballon bleu and I was in between sizes...

IDK if there is some type of shrinking syndrome associated with watch faces but over time I have been stacking less and less...

I've only really stacked bracelets upon bracelets, but now I have been wanting to layer rings and necklaces (again).

I bought the smaller size because I thought it would be more classic than the bigger ballon bleu and lend itself well for stacking. However, I've been wondering if I should have gotten the bigger size so I could wear it on its own...

Has anyone else questioned the size of their watch? did you end up switching or getting the new size you've been desiring?

I typically do not stack anything with my watch except for a Love bracelet that I never take off. But because I keep the love on all the time, I kinda don't want anything to rub up against it, so I hardly wear my watches anymore.

I like a larger faced watch, I just think it looks better (for me anyway). But if someone is very petite then a smaller face might work better.

Not sure my comments are helpful!!! LOL!!!!

I am not a "stacker" but I once had a white ceramic Michael Kors watch that I bought online and thoughtI liked it at first, I eventually found it too big as it covered my entire wrist with its face and was heavy. The battery died and I never replaced it.

Have you thought of having two or more watches in different sizes?

I've always worn very small watches, usually antique. I never wear them with bracelets because I don't want to scratch the watch face or case. I recently bought a watch with a face larger than what I usually wear. I wanted something that was easier to see. But it seems so bulky. The case is nearly as wide as my wrist. I think the problem is that the case is very thick and that's why it seems heavy and slides around my wrist. Love the way it looks, but it feels awkward on my wrist.

Have you thought of having two or more watches in different sizes?

I've always worn very small watches, usually antique. I never wear them with bracelets because I don't want to scratch the watch face or case. I recently bought a watch with a face larger than what I usually wear. I wanted something that was easier to see. But it seems so bulky. The case is nearly as wide as my wrist. I think the problem is that the case is very thick and that's why it seems heavy and slides around my wrist. Love the way it looks, but it feels awkward on my wrist.

That is the question I am struggling with... Because my deal with myself is to get myself one nice watch and be good with it for another 5 years...focus on building my jewelry and bag collection as I can only wear one watch at a time.

I also feel...wasteful to desire the same watch... but in a bigger size. One day I plan on getting the all rose gold version, but that won't be for several years...so then thats three ballon bleus LOL. Then I started toying with the idea of the two tone ballon bleu to make everything distinct but IDK. Definitely agree with you about the worry of scratching the face. Really wish I didn't layer the past couple of years the way I did. Before I had the ballon bleu I had small movados and a large michele watch that took over the width of my wrist. I thought it was time to buy a more classic watch and that smaller would be classy.

I typically do not stack anything with my watch except for a Love bracelet that I never take off. But because I keep the love on all the time, I kinda don't want anything to rub up against it, so I hardly wear my watches anymore.

I like a larger faced watch, I just think it looks better (for me anyway). But if someone is very petite then a smaller face might work better.

Not sure my comments are helpful!!! LOL!!!!

Do you use a buffer bracelet? Because thats why I bought the small watch, to layer with the love but I couldn't find a good buffer bracelet and I eventually gave up.

i got my heart broken when i bought the chopard happy sport back in the days in small size (it was a bit less expensive) while my heart was leaning towards the bigger one. The small looked lost in my thick hands and i was torn as it was bought with my10 years savings in my pacman wallet! And it was the thing i really wanted to get (happy sport moving diamonds were googling my eyes like a kitty following spot lights!)
My mom bless her heart saw my sadness and offered to take the small for herself (she is petit) and buy me the one i wanted.
I wear my happy sport since then interchangeably with my other watch. And i got throw the years different straps in addition to its metal one.
My advice is to get the one you want deep in heart :smile:

Hi LVoe!! I have 2 BBs in different sizes. They're not exactly the same, my 33 has diamond markers and my 36 does not. My dh surprised me with the 36, he knew I regretted the size. Had I known I would have traded in the 33 towards it.
Get what you love. Sell or trade in the smaller one.
I don't stack either of my BBs. They're so shiny I'm too nervous to.

I got the 33mm BB with diamond markers for my 40th birthday. Everyone in the store told me 36 looked too big and I guess maybe it did...but I can't stop thinking about it. When I see pics of Princess Kate in her BB, I keep thinking it looks small and "does mine look that small??" I keep secretly hoping hers is the 28 and that mine doesn't look that small.

I'm absolutely in love with the watch...no question there. But I keep going back and forth about the size. I don't want to layer anything with it because I don't want it to get scratched up.

I'm also not someone who buys one thing and claims I'll wear it every day. I care more about which one I'll like in a year rather than in 10. Help!

Hi LVoe!! I have 2 BBs in different sizes. They're not exactly the same, my 33 has diamond markers and my 36 does not. My dh surprised me with the 36, he knew I regretted the size. Had I known I would have traded in the 33 towards it.
Get what you love. Sell or trade in the smaller one.
I don't stack either of my BBs. They're so shiny I'm too nervous to.

I didn't realize you got a larger bb! that's a great idea to have different markers... It makes each watch more distinct from each other. Do you find yourself wearing the smaller one now that you have the 36?

I got the 33mm BB with diamond markers for my 40th birthday. Everyone in the store told me 36 looked too big and I guess maybe it did...but I can't stop thinking about it. When I see pics of Princess Kate in her BB, I keep thinking it looks small and "does mine look that small??" I keep secretly hoping hers is the 28 and that mine doesn't look that small.

I'm absolutely in love with the watch...no question there. But I keep going back and forth about the size. I don't want to layer anything with it because I don't want it to get scratched up.

I'm also not someone who buys one thing and claims I'll wear it every day. I care more about which one I'll like in a year rather than in 10. Help!

Yes I keep looking at P. Kate and that definitely does not help my wavering bc I think her size looks great on her wrist! I think hers is the 36 but definitely not smaller than the 33mm. Do you have pictures?

What an interesting thread and a tough dilemma. I was just looking at pics of Kate with her BB last night. I am wondering what size hers is too. Is it the 33? The lady who cuts my hair has the 36 and it is so glamorous on her. I just love it. I thought I always wanted a Tank (I'm saving!) but every time I get my haircut and see that BB on my stylist's wrist I think, Forget it, go with a BB! She never stacks it and she doesn't need to. It looks so good with her e-ring and wedding set.

I hope to go try on a BB in January once it's quiet. Have you thought about trying on the larger size at the boutique? Maybe that would help you decide on the spot.