New to balenciaga...

To be honest, to most Balenciaga aficionado's, this bag (an Alexander Wang) was not a big "hit". As a matter of fact, here in the US, these bags are on the 'sale' tables at most of the retail stores .. including the Balenciaga boutiques. While the Sales staff were really pushing these bags, most folks who know the brand .. just weren't "buying" the hype. Alas, unless you plan to truly keep this bag, I wouldn't bother because it has no resale value at all.

Hey guys,

I am new to Balenciaga! To be perfectly honest, I haven't been attracted to their designs in the past. That is, before I saw the le dix mini! :smile:

I am thinking that this will be my first. What are your thoughts on this bag? I love how it looks so functional and is very minimalist. Any pics would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.matchesfashion.com/intl/products/Balenciaga-Le-Dix-Soft-Mini-Cartable-bag-1019629
I agree with CeeJay, these haven't been a hit among Balenciaga's long time followers, and if you are one to "rotate" your collection by way of buying/reselling, I would look for this bag on the resale market to minimize your losses at resale. That said, if you love the bag and it speaks to you, there's no reason in the world not to get it, since you're the one carrying it! Personally I'm not a structured bag person, I crave that slouch. But I do appreciate minimalist styling and I love black bags, so I can see how this bag would look very smart and modern and be pretty versatile as well. :smile:

To be honest, to most Balenciaga aficionado's, this bag (an Alexander Wang) was not a big "hit". As a matter of fact, here in the US, these bags are on the 'sale' tables at most of the retail stores .. including the Balenciaga boutiques. While the Sales staff were really pushing these bags, most folks who know the brand .. just weren't "buying" the hype. Alas, unless you plan to truly keep this bag, I wouldn't bother because it has no resale value at all.

Yes this is so true! I mean I think it's cute but I don't see it as a forever bag and I think it's lacking some of the major balenciaga points that make the brand so lovable!

Hey guys,

I am new to Balenciaga! To be perfectly honest, I haven't been attracted to their designs in the past. That is, before I saw the le dix mini! :smile:

I am thinking that this will be my first. What are your thoughts on this bag? I love how it looks so functional and is very minimalist. Any pics would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.matchesfashion.com/intl/products/Balenciaga-Le-Dix-Soft-Mini-Cartable-bag-1019629

I love Balenciaga bags because of their classic motorcycle bags. I love the beautiful slouchy leather. I don't think the Le Dix Cartable bags have the classic and iconic Balenciaga look. But it is a cute bag and if you like it and feel you will get a lot of use from it then you should definitely get it. :smile:

hi. just signed in coz i have a quick question on velo zipper.
why do i have the B instead of lampo? pls help.

Hi and welcome, some Bal bags do have a B on the zipper head. If you have any concerns I would suggest you post the appropriate pics on the authenticate this thread and have one of the lovely authenticators here look at your bag for you.

If your going to buy a balenciaga- buy a City a Part- Time or a Day.I have all three and LOVE them all. At first I didn't like the Day but it is a great every day bag and I use it a lot and have broken in the shoulder strap. It is a favorite of mine now. Don't buy the bag in the photo you posted. I think you will regret it -