Suede Balenciaga

Fufuberry

Apr 10, 2011
Hi everyone.

I was hoping you guys could share your experiences with having suede balenciagas! I love the look of the black suede city but am worried about wear due to the fabric. How will it hold up if I use it everyday? It also rains quite a bit here as well but the lady at the store said that she sprays it with water protectant and the rain just beads up. I'd love to see pictures of yours as well!

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I was hoping you guys could share your experiences with having suede balenciagas! I love the look of the black suede city but am worried about wear due to the fabric. How will it hold up if I use it everyday? It also rains quite a bit here as well but the lady at the store said that she sprays it with water protectant and the rain just beads up. I'd love to see pictures of yours as well!

Thanks

I just bought a black suede city in October and I've had no issues but it's too soon to tell. I do wish it had the tassles that come with the lambskin versions. I am curious to see what others have to say as well.

I just bought a black suede city in October and I've had no issues but it's too soon to tell. I do wish it had the tassles that come with the lambskin versions. I am curious to see what others have to say as well.
I'm dying to get the mini city in black suede, but worry about how it will wear also. Hoping someone will shed some light!

I've had a Bal suede bag for years (2010-ish?) and I love it!
No problems, and I've said this many times on TPF - Bal suede is not as delicate as people think.
The nice thing about suede is no scratch marks and no color fading :P

I've had a Bal suede bag for years (2010-ish?) and I love it!
No problems, and I've said this many times on TPF - Bal suede is not as delicate as people think.
The nice thing about suede is no scratch marks and no color fading :P

This is my experience as well
I love my Suedes and never regretted buying them

I've had my suede Bal for 3 years now and I've waterproofed it 4 times since buying it, I'd really recommend waterproofing it before use.

I had a pang of regret as soon as I bought as I thought the suede would look so bad after a few wears. 3 years on its one of the most stunning bags I own.

Bal suede isn't delicate at all. It's obviously not something I'd use if it was raining, but I've been caught out in the rain with it. I tried to keep it under my jacket but didn't manage to cover most of it and I honestly can't tell which side got the drizzle.

I've attached pics below just to enable you. First pic is when I used the bag for the first time and the 2 other ones are recent pics of it.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1450436480.602325.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1450436495.603151.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1450436505.736733.jpg

I've had my suede Bal for 3 years now and I've waterproofed it 4 times since buying it, I'd really recommend waterproofing it before use.

I had a pang of regret as soon as I bought as I thought the suede would look so bad after a few wears. 3 years on its one of the most stunning bags I own.

Bal suede isn't delicate at all. It's obviously not something I'd use if it was raining, but I've been caught out in the rain with it. I tried to keep it under my jacket but didn't manage to cover most of it and I honestly can't tell which side got the drizzle.

I've attached pics below just to enable you. First pic is when I used the bag for the first time and the 2 other ones are recent pics of it.

View attachment 3217125
View attachment 3217126
View attachment 3217127

That's gorgeous!

View attachment 3217125
View attachment 3217126
View attachment 3217127

It's still looking great !!
Thanks for sharing

View attachment 3217125
View attachment 3217126
View attachment 3217127

Beautiful!! Love the color. Thanks for the pics.
Being a Bal newbie, I thought my black suede City didn't come with tassles because it isn't lambskin. After reading a few threads, I realize it's because it has giant hardware. Please correct me if I'm wrong.