Picotin 18 - Can she "dress up"?

Oct 25, 2012
I've been on the hunt for a small bag or clutch in Feu. My question is can Picotin 18 go out on the town in dressy (not black tie, maybe cocktail) or "ladies who lunch" daytime event? Or is she strictly a casual kind of girl? I like to mix up my wardrobe think Dries Van Noten, Celine, The Row, etc.

TIA

I think she makes a good "ladies who lunch" date, not so sure about a cocktail do though. Could look cute with the right outfit perched in the crook of the elbow. I have one and I love it for lunch dates, or evenings out with DH or girlfriends.

I think she makes a good "ladies who lunch" date, not so sure about a cocktail do though. Could look cute with the right outfit perched in the crook of the elbow. I have one and I love it for lunch dates, or evenings out with DH or girlfriends.
Great feedback, i figured cocktail was pushing it but dressy / date night is more the speed I was looking for. Thanks!

i personally find that not just because its smaller should it be considered different to its larger counter part i mean it still is a picotin......very cute but not date night lunch bag un less its summer and the lunch and or date is a garden flat sporty type event. hope it helps darling. may i suggest and i know its not H but a small L.V alma ?????

i personally find that not just because its smaller should it be considered different to its larger counter part i mean it still is a picotin......very cute but not date night lunch bag un less its summer and the lunch and or date is a garden flat sporty type event. hope it helps darling. may i suggest and i know its not H but a small L.V alma ?????
Excellent suggestion and input, Birkel. Thinking of the larger counterpart is super helpful. I've decided to go in to see it. I usually get an immediate reaction and can tell if a go or no go. Might not fit for "date night" looks but may check the box for casual. I can look in at the alma too while out and about.

I adore picotins, and oddly enough, I tend to receive more compliments on them than any of my B's or K's! So funny! That being said, I think they are perfect for casual day wear and can function at a luncheon gathering when styled well. They also can look nice at a casual outing at night such as a movie or casual dinner. I would use a different bag for an upscale dinner, cocktail party etc.... Best wishes!

Reactions: puffylau
Excellent suggestion and input, Birkel. Thinking of the larger counterpart is super helpful. I've decided to go in to see it. I usually get an immediate reaction and can tell if a go or no go. Might not fit for "date night" looks but may check the box for casual. I can look in at the alma too while out and about.

Txoceangirl- While the Pico is not a really formal bag, I don't see the reason that you can't take it out on a date night unless the event is a black tie event. The bag is a fun style that can be dressed up to wear with a dress or down with jeans in all seasons.

If you're on a date night, what do you want your date to be focus on ? you and not your bag ! Depending on the guy, someone may be getting a wrong vibe if they see you in a famous B or K. No one will really recognize the Pico unless they are familiar with H bags and there are no logos. Because of its shape, it may be a good conversation starter on the Pico. I've never received anything but positive comments when I took the pico out.

You should take a look and give it a try.

Thank you all for the input! I went to look at it. Unfortunately, it felt casual to me and not the look I was going for at this time (there is always a need for something). I think its due to the fact that it was feu clemence. I've seen it in before in Etoupe clemence and that looked more elegant (and what I was looking for). Needless to say, I love Pico 18 just not in this color/leather combo. I think in swift or other smoother leather then it would have been a yes.

I'm still adding a Pico 18 to my wishlist, just need to wait for a color that speaks to me!

I adore picotins, and oddly enough, I tend to receive more compliments on them than any of my B's or K's! So funny! That being said, I think they are perfect for casual day wear and can function at a luncheon gathering when styled well. They also can look nice at a casual outing at night such as a movie or casual dinner. I would use a different bag for an upscale dinner, cocktail party etc.... Best wishes!

Txoceangirl- While the Pico is not a really formal bag, I don't see the reason that you can't take it out on a date night unless the event is a black tie event. The bag is a fun style that can be dressed up to wear with a dress or down with jeans in all seasons.

If you're on a date night, what do you want your date to be focus on ? you and not your bag ! Depending on the guy, someone may be getting a wrong vibe if they see you in a famous B or K. No one will really recognize the Pico unless they are familiar with H bags and there are no logos. Because of its shape, it may be a good
conversation starter on the Pico. I've never received anything but positive comments when I took the pico out.

You should take a look and give it a try.

Agree, its a good date night bag!

This photo of a lady with a white Picotin (PM?) was posted on tpf many years ago, and it's always stuck with me. I know the style of the Picotin is more casual, but I think this woman pulls it off with an elegant, "ladies who lunch or go to the races" sort of outfit. She's certainly not dressed casually (or at least not compared to my version of casual!), and the bag looks just right with her outfit. I'm not sure if Feu or the brighter pop colors would work as well in the same situation, but certainly black, white, etoupe, any of the neutrals. Maybe even red, with the right outfit. A Picotin is definitely a good addition even if you don't use it for dressier events. It's so easy to wear. Good luck with your search!

Attachments

• 200705.30 074.jpg
    200705.30 074.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 830
This photo of a lady with a white Picotin (PM?) was posted on tpf many years ago, and it's always stuck with me. I know the style of the Picotin is more casual, but I think this woman pulls it off with an elegant, "ladies who lunch or go to the races" sort of outfit. She's certainly not dressed casually (or at least not compared to my version of casual!), and the bag looks just right with her outfit. I'm not sure if Feu or the brighter pop colors would work as well in the same situation, but certainly black, white, etoupe, any of the neutrals. Maybe even red, with the right outfit. A Picotin is definitely a good addition even if you don't use it for dressier events. It's so easy to wear. Good luck with your search!
Thank you.....great image and the right look! I went to look at it. Feu in Clemence didn't look as elegant as needed. Probably needed to be swift or a smoother leather. I did love the Pico and plan on adding it when the right color comes along. I think you are right, a neutral might be best for making it "elevated".

plus this photo probably came from equitatial function? picotin was originally depicted from a horse feeding bucket?? sorry if i am wrong

Thank you.....great image and the right look! I went to look at it. Feu in Clemence didn't look as elegant as needed. Probably needed to be swift or a smoother leather. I did love the Pico and plan on adding it when the right color comes along. I think you are right, a neutral might be best for making it "elevated".

I actually think a Feu Picotin would be a fun bag to have, but I can see how the color in Clemence might be more casual. Hope the right color finds you!