Issues with Speedy B 25

nikksterxx

O.G.
Oct 11, 2013
Hi Ladies! I have officially joined the speedy b club! I got a speedy b 25 in DE all the way from London ... I live in the US. It's a MIF!

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but a few things are bothering me but I'm not sure if it's all in my head or not.

1) it smells like chemicals/ plastic. I'm not sure if it's supposed to smell like that or if it will air out with use.

2) the handles are matte and have a lot of creasing underneath. I had a speedy 30 de which was MIU which I sold but the handles of that bag were very shiny and glossy. I tried to take a picture of the creasing but not sure if you can see it.

3) the hardware is very dull and looks like a dusty gold but the lock and keys and the clasps on the strap are super shiny and yellow ... Is this normal?

4) the middle extender part of the strap sticks out. I see that one side has two slots to secure it and the middle has only one. Is there anything to do about it? Is the middle supposed to have 2 also?

5) I know this is not really something to be bothered by but my BF picked up the bag while he was in London for work and didn't put the receipt in a brown envelope, didn't include the item tag and I had him request a drawstring dustbag for the strap which they didn't end up giving him... I wonder if I can go to a boutique here and get those things...

Lastly - is the date code the third week of October 2015? Not sure if I'm reading it right.

One more thing! Where do you ladies put your lock on your speedy b?

TIA!!!

The zip pulls aren't made of the same material as the lock, so that's no cause for concern. I think the end of the strap sticks out because it's brand new. The creasing under the handle is just from when it's sewn, I think it happens to varying degrees.
Honestly I think you're nitpicking a perfectly good bag. I don't see anything wrong with your bag.
The smell thing seems odd though, I can't speak to that.

Hi Ladies! I have officially joined the speedy b club! I got a speedy b 25 in DE all the way from London ... I live in the US. It's a MIF!

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but a few things are bothering me but I'm not sure if it's all in my head or not.

1) it smells like chemicals/ plastic. I'm not sure if it's supposed to smell like that or if it will air out with use.

2) the handles are matte and have a lot of creasing underneath. I had a speedy 30 de which was MIU which I sold but the handles of that bag were very shiny and glossy. I tried to take a picture of the creasing but not sure if you can see it.

3) the hardware is very dull and looks like a dusty gold but the lock and keys and the clasps on the strap are super shiny and yellow ... Is this normal?

4) the middle extender part of the strap sticks out. I see that one side has two slots to secure it and the middle has only one. Is there anything to do about it? Is the middle supposed to have 2 also?

5) I know this is not really something to be bothered by but my BF picked up the bag while he was in London for work and didn't put the receipt in a brown envelope, didn't include the item tag and I had him request a drawstring dustbag for the strap which they didn't end up giving him... I wonder if I can go to a boutique here and get those things...

Lastly - is the date code the third week of October 2015? Not sure if I'm reading it right.

One more thing! Where do you ladies put your lock on your speedy b?

TIA!!!

If you are unhappy, exchange the bag. Not to be rude or short, but you have mentioned several aspects where you are unhappy. Just be ok knowing that most likely you will get a USA bag. (I assume it was purchased abroad specifically to get MIF).

I would never recommend someone else, especially a guy, pick-up a bag for you. It's really important to inspect the bag yourself, as most likely you would have chosen a different one. I personally don't see anything out of the ordinary, other than the creasing which will happen over time anyway. I can't speak about the smell either, smells are subjective.

The date code is the 43rd week in 2015.

The zip pulls aren't made of the same material as the lock, so that's no cause for concern. I think the end of the strap sticks out because it's brand new. The creasing under the handle is just from when it's sewn, I think it happens to varying degrees.
Honestly I think you're nitpicking a perfectly good bag. I don't see anything wrong with your bag.
The smell thing seems odd though, I can't speak to that.

Thanks for letting me know these things are normal! I'm not sure why the handles are matte and not as shiny.

If you are unhappy, exchange the bag. Not to be rude or short, but you have mentioned several aspects where you are unhappy. Just be ok knowing that most likely you will get a USA bag. (I assume it was purchased abroad specifically to get MIF).

I would never recommend someone else, especially a guy, pick-up a bag for you. It's really important to inspect the bag yourself, as most likely you would have chosen a different one. I personally don't see anything out of the ordinary, other than the creasing which will happen over time anyway. I can't speak about the smell either, smells are subjective.

The date code is the 43rd week in 2015.

This is my first LV bag and I plan on using it everyday that's why I'm just being a little bit picky so sorry about that.

As for having someone else picking it up you're right about that ... Now I know for next time.

Ps I don't have my speedy on me (I'm at work) but if that's the center strap with the hole there should only be one since it's an extender. If there was a hole in the bottom strap it would just be a random hole when the extender piece is in there. You have a very nice, freshly made bag. It will break in and some creasing will eventually happen. All normal :smile:

Ps I don't have my speedy on me (I'm at work) but if that's the center strap with the hole there should only be one since it's an extender. If there was a hole in the bottom strap it would just be a random hole when the extender piece is in there. You have a very nice, freshly made bag. It will break in and some creasing will eventually happen. All normal :smile:

My speedy is at home as well so I'll have to double check if the handles and straps match. I just know my old speedy had much shinier handles.

I just can already see myself getting annoyed with the flap sticking out like that when using the extender but let's see.

But thank you for making me feel better about the whole thing! :smile:

This is my first LV bag and I plan on using it everyday that's why I'm just being a little bit picky so sorry about that.

As for having someone else picking it up you're right about that ... Now I know for next time.
On your OP you said you had a speedy 30 that you sold. Was this your first new LV?

Again, just exchange it if you aren't 100% happy.