PS Preparation and Sharing Experiences - No promoter!

Aha i found it and bought a pack of 20 for 28000 krw! Thank you dream17 and hj88 for the tips!

I think swelling has gone down ever so slightly...no idea if it is due to the pumpkin juicd or just natural healing / a combo of factors, but I like to feel like I'm doing what I can :smile:

Aha i found it and bought a pack of 20 for 28000 krw! Thank you dream17 and hj88 for the tips!

I think swelling has gone down ever so slightly...no idea if it is due to the pumpkin juicd or just natural healing / a combo of factors, but I like to feel like I'm doing what I can :smile:

Hey wishingstar,

Glad to hear your swelling has gone down a little! Send you a PM :smile:
x

Woohoo!! Bottoms up and here's hoping the rest of it goes away soon:smile:)

I thought I will never return here nor posting my experience post surgery... I used to be very active on this forum for the past years, however it has recently got so diluted with promoters and people with bad intentions. About 6-10 of us went in July and we are very hesitating to post our experiences because how much public scrutiny there is on this forum, plus the annoyance from under-research people keeps on asking us questions (they want a couple of name of clinics presenting to them on a silver plate without having to do their own research)

But when I think about it, Purseforum used to be a big part of my life. For a year I checked it everyday (sometimes, every hour) and reply to people's messages/post religiously. I got from a PS noob to a PS expert after years of research. From Purseforum I met the wonderful group that went with me, we were in a group of about 8 but there are 4 of us who are particularly close to each other... We took care of each other during tough recovery time, went shopping together and hang out in each other's room just like time in college. We are still keeping in touch as friends, although we are from different part of the world. The education of PS and the opportunity to meet such sweet people that PF gave me is the only reason why I return here to share some of the experiences.

Because I am very annoyed by the huge increasing number of promoters and clinics reps on here, I will not share the name or details of the clinic we went. Excuse me in advance but I wont reply to messages neither, I'll reply to certain well thought, well researched questions on this thread for public's benefits... If you see me or a couple of others deactivated their account, there's a reason for it and please understand that we dont live on PF or make a living here to check it everyday unlike some of the promoter.

About me, I'm 7 weeks post op. I did eyes (double eyelid, ptosis), nose (BA and tip), cheekbone, V line, chin implant and acculift on cheek all at once. About 2 weeks before that I also did vaser lipo on thigh and belly. I'll talk briefly about the experience, but mostly the research is related to those procedure above.

Below, apart from my experiences, I try to copy some of my researches (of other people's experience from PF, some time I cant cite/remeber source because it's from very old threads but you can search for these post yourself) for those who are preparing for PS and have done their research.
Sorry for your past bad experience.
If your intentions are good to help people out there based on your experience. Does really matters.

No problem :smile: Hmm i believe it helped! As I started drinking it right after my surgery. Drank like 2 packets everyday. I felt that I deswelled pretty fast though. Doctor and the consultants also said I healed well. On top of that, I walked around a lot everyday, like a typical tourist.

I didn't try pineapple juice, but I heard that it was good for recovery too. Some people I know drank it after surgery and they seem to heal pretty fast. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
I will try pumpkin juice today.
Thanks girls.

Hey wishingstar,

Glad to hear your swelling has gone down a little! Send you a PM :smile:
x
Good to hear that....

Last edited by a moderator:
x

Does anyone know Zoe's email? I wish to contact her but I can't find her email in the floods of the forum. Haha if anyone could PM me her email, thank you so much :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I will never return here nor posting my experience post surgery... I used to be very active on this forum for the past years, however it has recently got so diluted with promoters and people with bad intentions. About 6-10 of us went in July and we are very hesitating to post our experiences because how much public scrutiny there is on this forum, plus the annoyance from under-research people keeps on asking us questions (they want a couple of name of clinics presenting to them on a silver plate without having to do their own research)

But when I think about it, Purseforum used to be a big part of my life. For a year I checked it everyday (sometimes, every hour) and reply to people's messages/post religiously. I got from a PS noob to a PS expert after years of research. From Purseforum I met the wonderful group that went with me, we were in a group of about 8 but there are 4 of us who are particularly close to each other... We took care of each other during tough recovery time, went shopping together and hang out in each other's room just like time in college. We are still keeping in touch as friends, although we are from different part of the world. The education of PS and the opportunity to meet such sweet people that PF gave me is the only reason why I return here to share some of the experiences.

Because I am very annoyed by the huge increasing number of promoters and clinics reps on here, I will not share the name or details of the clinic we went. Excuse me in advance but I wont reply to messages neither, I'll reply to certain well thought, well researched questions on this thread for public's benefits... If you see me or a couple of others deactivated their account, there's a reason for it and please understand that we dont live on PF or make a living here to check it everyday unlike some of the promoter.

About me, I'm 7 weeks post op. I did eyes (double eyelid, ptosis), nose (BA and tip), cheekbone, V line, chin implant and acculift on cheek all at once. About 2 weeks before that I also did vaser lipo on thigh and belly. I'll talk briefly about the experience, but mostly the research is related to those procedure above.

Below, apart from my experiences, I try to copy some of my researches (of other people's experience from PF, some time I cant cite/remeber source because it's from very old threads but you can search for these post yourself) for those who are preparing for PS and have done their research.
I appreciate your sharing of your experience, advices and knowledge.

About my surgery

Overall - I am a happy girl. I turn out REALLY beautiful (I was good looking before, but mostly average). What I found is that my money was very well worth it. All the suffering, swelling, emotional pain during PS was made up for the fact that I wake up everyday prettier than I am the day before. I also find strangers treat me much nicer (for example, getting further discount in restaurant when I talk to manager, when I stopped check my map on the street people - including ladies - stopped to help me, the waiters of my regular restaurant check on me & my table more often compared to before etc) I have a boyfriend so I dont necessarily enjoy the attention from guys but HEY, it's a bonus. The sad but not so surprising fact in life is that when you look better, people tend to trust you more, treat you better and more willing to help you. HOWEVER, that's only if that beauty is accompanied with a smile and a positive attitude, so never forget, that you can only be beautiful if you feel beautiful from the inside. People said PS is an artificial act of the low self esteem, I disagree. I think if I have a beautiful personality, having great appearance will enhance the recognition of great personality as people do notice your appearance first thing, then that apperance bring the personality out loud to the world.

After this post I'll copy some of other's day to day detailed experiences, so I wont repeat those. But I'll highlight certain advice:

1. Form a support group before you go to Korea. Find people on PF who goes around the same date, and reach out to them. They'll keep secret as they are doing it too. I cant be thankful enough for meeting the sweetest people who went with me, you guys were the apple of my pie! It will help reduce the emotional roller coaster you go through as the stress is a lot to take.

2. Be mentally prepared: that you might die. That things wont turn out as you expected. That the worst may come. Out of all of us, the four of us who are close are happy with our results. Others, not so much. If you dont set the right expectation, you may get pretty upset. You wont look like SNSD. You will only look like a version of yourself that is beautified (in my case it's a bit extreme because I do many procedures at once) So when you talk to the doctor, bring a pic of yourself that you photoshoped, not a pic of celebrity. Because unhappiness in life and relationship in general, is due to failed expectation.

I was very freak out before the surgery, I think I might die from having so many surgery. But it was once in a lifetime chance to be reborn, I almost cried when the anesthesists tapped on me reallly hard said "your operation was successful". that is the only thing I wanna hear. And I almost cried again a couple of weeks later when I realise I got so pretty to the level I didnt expect. That's the benefit of setting low expectation, you may get a lot of happiness from it.

3. The worst thing about my surgery? THE LIPS! My lips were about the size of her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO7ltLmPOVw when I recover and it took almost 5 days to de swell. That disturbed me a lot because It's difficult to eat, I drool (you dont feel anything from your lips) and I cant go out much looking like a freak.

AND WHO SAID PEOPLE WALK OUT WITH BANDAGES IN GANG NAM??? LIE LIE LIE. ITS NOT NORMAL. People stares at us when we go out during the day with head compression. People sometimes walk around with a light face mask, BUT NO BANDAGES. try to walk out at night first, when we go out during day time people stare at us quite badly that we had to go home after a while. You can start going shopping after day 5ish when you deswell and can just wear face mask.

4. Don't forget who you are. This is something I remind myself everyday. that I paid for PS as a tool to achieve my goals, I am its master and never would I let it control my life. You see many deactivated on here or get silent after their surgery because they do not want to get tempted to do more surgery. You can easily loose some of your identity with the idea that you can perfect yourself to that idealistic image. Having someone aside who knows/understand your history to remind you of who you are is good too, for example my bf has been a pretty good point of support to stop me going further fix this fix that. It's more important to enrich your life experience after PS than do more PS! Watch this >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxhD6HKlHJ4

5. Understand the techniques the doctor is using for your surgery, what they mean, and what impact does it has on you. Out of our group, people goes to various clinics but Ive found out that the one four of us go to has the most advance techniques, therefore we has the shortest recovery time than all the people who went to other clinics. Also ask about scars, recover, migraines etc and possible side effects. YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THE PROCEDURES, sometimes MORE than the doctor to test them if they are honest in answering your questions. since you only have 15 minutes of consultation, take it as gold and fill in any gaps of your understanding. THE DOCTOR IS NOT THERE TO EDUCATE YOU A-Z about the procedures, they wont have enough time to do that and you'll end up being nervous of not sure what you get into.

Finally, may your dream comes true ..and stay beautiful !
Would you please tell the clinic that all four of your group go? I am so overwhelmed in picking the right clinic and doctor.

Pre / Post Ops supplies:
Face packs (hot / cold packs)
Neti pot
Face towels
chapstick
face lotions
dry shampoo
Q tips
facial tissue
cotton balls / pads
hair bands / ties / clips
mirror - reg and 10x
oil blotter sheets
witch hazel -- double check if it's okay -- as face cleaner

toiletries:
toothbrush / paste
comb, hairbrush
foundation, makeup
eye makeup remover
disposable face wash cloths

Food:
Pineapple juice - buy there
Pumpkin juice - buy there
Protein powder?
Vitamin C packets - EmergenC
Big water bottle
Lozenges
Herbal supplements: Arnica, Bromelain - order from Amazon

clothing:
baseball cap w/hairbands to suspend glasses
zip hoodie sweater
tee, PJ's
silk scarf
button up shirts
check weather for daily wear

tech:
iphone and samsung
laptop?
ipad
ecigs - need to quit
power adapter
vitamix?

other:
audio books
music
chopra meditation - perfect health
yoga dvd
snorlax
have addresses in Korean

notes:
cut out sugar
no milk
no alcohol
no seafood
NO SALT
no coffee??
no duck

Nice list. I am heading over in a few days and this is useful.
How did you guys learn to get around? I am thinking of getting a SIM card so I could navigate.

Has anyone tried taking the subway right after the surgery? I was thinking I would probably choose an accommodation that is walking distance or maybe I'll get the clinic to call a cab for me.

Has anyone tried taking the subway right after the surgery? I was thinking I would probably choose an accommodation that is walking distance or maybe I'll get the clinic to call a cab for me.

That would depend on what surgery you have, clinic will help you with cab arrangement, wear a hooter jacket and use face mask if it helps

I didn't really get to prepare for this upcoming surgery because of business, but all of the advice in this forum is very much helpful. I only prepared a dust mask and my mind. As far as drinks, food plan, etc I have not yet done.

I'll think I'll do good, though. I'll give an update once I have my surgery.

Hello Yaku & those doing PS in Korea
this December 2015 or early 2016,

I might go to Seoul just to do eyes and nose next week.
Two friends are in Korea only at this time, one of whom is native who can show me ard.

I only have 2 weeks of vacation so I can't do the facial bone contouring as I would have liked.

Please keep in touch.

Best,
Muji