I am afraid I am getting scammed!

bonsai22

Feb 3, 2015
Hi ladies!

It has finally happened to me! I sold a pair of brand new Valentino Rockstud kitten heels. These were new in box. They were never worn and were not a store display. I went against my better judgment and sold to someone who had fewer than 10 feedback. Lesson learned! I shipped the item Friday. She received it today and requested a return because she says it doesn't seem authentic. That is BS!! The item is authentic. She wants a refund because the shoe either doesn't fit or she wants to do a bait and switch. I am hoping it is not the latter. Please someone with experience with this type of situation. What do I need to do to ensure I get my authentic Valentinos back. I am so worried! Please help!!:help::Pullhair:

You're probably right and it's horrible when someone alleges "fake" when it's just size, color or some other minor issue.

My suggestion would be to send a message along the lines of the following:

Dear buyer,

I'm sorry you aren't pleased with the shoes. I confirm that they are authentic and if you'd like reassurance, please feel free to post in one of the following threads. (I don't know which one would be better for Valentino shoes but if one is preferable to the other, the experts will let you know):
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glas...ge-before-posting-32044-586.html#post29536560
or
http://forum.purseblog.com/valentino/authenticate-this-valentino-read-post-1-first-649683.html

Although I don't have a return policy, if the problem is with the size, I'll be happy to accept a return in the same condition with all accompanying packaging. Since the item was accurately described, shipping in both directions would be at buyer expense.

Sincerely,
Seller

You're probably right and it's horrible when someone alleges "fake" when it's just size, color or some other minor issue.

My suggestion would be to send a message along the lines of the following:

Dear buyer,

I'm sorry you aren't pleased with the shoes. I confirm that they are authentic and if you'd like reassurance, please feel free to post in one of the following threads. (I don't know which one would be better for Valentino shoes but if one is preferable to the other, the experts will let you know):
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glas...ge-before-posting-32044-586.html#post29536560
or
http://forum.purseblog.com/valentino/authenticate-this-valentino-read-post-1-first-649683.html

Although I don't have a return policy, if the problem is with the size, I'll be happy to accept a return in the same condition with all accompanying packaging. Since the item was accurately described, shipping in both directions would be at buyer expense.

Sincerely,
Seller
Thank you BB. I just contacted the buyer using that template. I hope she does the right thing and cover her own shipping charges. At this point, I will be happy just getting back my authentic shoes in the same condition it was sent to her. My biggest fear though is having them switched with fakes. Does anyone know how often that happens or am I worrying for nothing?

Thank you BB. I just contacted the buyer using that template. I hope she does the right thing and cover her own shipping charges. At this point, I will be happy just getting back my authentic shoes in the same condition it was sent to her. My biggest fear though is having them switched with fakes. Does anyone know how often that happens or am I worrying for nothing?

You are a little ahead of yourself. While this could be a case of
"buyer's remorse" just wait until the shoes are returned to you.
Look them over & let your buyer know that upon inspection you
will issue a refund minus shipping costs.

You are a little ahead of yourself. While this could be a case of
"buyer's remorse" just wait until the shoes are returned to you.
Look them over & let your buyer know that upon inspection you
will issue a refund minus shipping costs.
My buyer is not replying to my messages. Do I have the option to refund amount minus shipping charges once I receive my item or am I forced to refund shipping charges?

My buyer is not replying to my messages. Do I have the option to refund amount minus shipping charges once I receive my item or am I forced to refund shipping charges?
I assume that before she ships back to you, she'll contact you. Unless a SNAD dispute is opened, I believe you'll be able to deduct the shipping charge you'd paid.

I assume that before she ships back to you, she'll contact you. Unless a SNAD dispute is opened, I believe you'll be able to deduct the shipping charge you'd paid.
She opened a NAD. I have advised her to get them authenticated here but she has not responded.

What a scammer! I will never sell to anyone with very low feedback again. I understand eBay offering protection to buyers but I think it's slanderous to claim an item is not authentic, when it is, just because you have buyer's remorse or they don't fit you. Ugh! Rant over.:pout:

She opened a NAD. I have advised her to get them authenticated here but she has not responded.

What a scammer! I will never sell to anyone with very low feedback again. I understand eBay offering protection to buyers but I think it's slanderous to claim an item is not authentic, when it is, just because you have buyer's remorse or they don't fit you. Ugh! Rant over.:pout:

The only way to vet your buyers is to use Best Offer. Otherwise anyone with any number of fb can bid/BIN
This is why many sellers accept returns. If a buyer doesn't think that you will take the item back they force the issue by opening a case. By opening and winning a SNAD they don't have to pay for the return shipping either.

I didn't realize she'd opened a dispute. I thought she'd just contacted you with her concerns.

By avoiding newbies, you will be losing out on a huge market of buyers. In my experience, some of my best transactions were with either low feedback or new users. It's the experienced members who are the biggest PITAs since they know their way around the site, know what types of claims to make to get their way, etc.

I didn't realize she'd opened a dispute. I thought she'd just contacted you with her concerns.

By avoiding newbies, you will be losing out on a huge market of buyers. In my experience, some of my best transactions were with either low feedback or new users. It's the experienced members who are the biggest PITAs since they know their way around the site, know what types of claims to make to get their way, etc.
I agree with some newbies being great buyers. I once sold a pair of louboutin heels to a newbie with zero feeback and she was great and paid a good amount for these shoes but this experience has me so enraged.

I just got off the phone with ebay and the rep in the returns dept said that if she didn't respond to my messages and I uploaded my receipt from Neimans they would side with me because she would need to show proof that it was not authentic. I wish I had known this was an option because I had already clicked to accept the return. I asked her if she could disregard my acceptance and she said they couldn't reverse that. Ebay said I would not be paying the listing fee. I however do have to pay the return shipping. I am so angry with this buyer! I just hope now I receive my shoes in the same condition I sent them to her or else I will be filing an appeal.

The only way to vet your buyers is to use Best Offer. Otherwise anyone with any number of fb can bid/BIN
This is why many sellers accept returns. If a buyer doesn't think that you will take the item back they force the issue by opening a case. By opening and winning a SNAD they don't have to pay for the return shipping either.
good point.

You may have the last word by having the shoes authenticated on your
own by a third party authenticator & forward this to ebay & to your buyer.
It is your call to determine whether you will fight this with ebay or not
& you may have a good case by authenticating the shoes.

Your buyer is not likely going to respond because she probably knows
the shoes are not fake but played the fake card to get a return. Shame
on her!

There are low feedback as well as high feedback buyers who are scammers,
unfortunately. But I would not let this experience deter you from re-listing
the shoes.

Buyers like this will get what is due them. Karma is a real b**ch, IYKWIM

Apologize that I did not see your early post about the Neiman's receipt..
I would appeal this now...just on principle alone

Last edited:
You may have the last word by having the shoes authenticated on your
own by a third party authenticator & forward this to ebay & to your buyer.
It is your call to determine whether you will fight this with ebay or not
& you may have a good case by authenticating the shoes.

Your buyer is not likely going to respond because she probably knows
the shoes are not fake but played the fake care to get a return. Shame
on her!

There are low feedback as well as high feedback buyers who are scammers,
unfortunately. But I would not let this experience deter you from re-listing
the shoes.

Buyers like this will get what is due them. Karma is a real b**ch, IYKWIM

Apologize that I did not see your early post about the Neiman's receipt..
I would appeal this now...just on principle alone
I am wishing Karma on this woman! I didn't know I could refuse the return so I foolishly accepted it. I spoke to an ebay rep afterwards that told me that I could have shown a copy of my receipt and they would have viewed messages between me and the buyer to decide on the case. At this point, I just have to wait to get the shoes back and hope they are in the same condition or I will file an appeal. Lesson learned. I hope more sellers are aware they can fight a NAD return request.