Replacing chanel wallet on chain with promenade

baybay0359

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
Hey guys,

I am going to replace my chanel wallet on chain with the promenade. Do you think this is a good idea?

My issue with the Chanel is that I can't even fit my phone (they are getting bigger by the year!) and my keys in without feeling like I am stretching it. I end up carrying my keys...not too functional.

Am I right in thinking the promenade can hold quite a bit more?

Thanks everyone!

Good idea! The Promenade can fit quite a bit more. Are you getting a lambskin or patent version, and which colour were you deciding on getting?

I was a huge WOC fan with several WOCs in different colours and leather, until a friend remarked that she thought my frequently used WOC looks 7-8 years old when I've only used it for 2.5 years. It was then that I took a closer examination of the quality and workmanship.

1) The classic WOC leather on the sides and bottom are made of thin leather with fabric lining*, but the Promenade comes with thicker leather at the sides and bottom with leather (lambskin?) lining.
2) In terms of size, the Promenade is also wider than the WOC, so you will have no problem fitting in your latest smart of a larger size.
3) The Promenade's chain is detachable. I had to "illegally modify" my WOC by cutting the chain link and adding a clasp to do detach it.
4) The length of the WOC is longer than the Promenade so depending on your body type, it may/may not be a blessing.
5) The lock on Promenade is a better quality "push lock" compared to WOC's single button.
6) I've lost touch with the WOC prices, but Promenade may be slightly more expensive than WOC. Someone please correct me on that.

Have fun!

*Note that limited editions WOC may be of a different quality i.e. I have a limited edition gold WOC that is goatskin exterior with lambskin lining, and slightly better workmanship.

Reactions: YBcozYnot
Hey guys,

I am going to replace my chanel wallet on chain with the promenade. Do you think this is a good idea?

My issue with the Chanel is that I can't even fit my phone (they are getting bigger by the year!) and my keys in without feeling like I am stretching it. I end up carrying my keys...not too functional.

Am I right in thinking the promenade can hold quite a bit more?

Thanks everyone!
You will definitely fit more into a promenade than into a WOC. Took one of mine out today and without stretching it out of shape it fitted iPhone (6), reading glasses, coin purse, keys and tissue pack.

:tup:

I was a huge WOC fan with several WOCs in different colours and leather, until a friend remarked that she thought my frequently used WOC looks 7-8 years old when I've only used it for 2.5 years. It was then that I took a closer examination of the quality and workmanship.

1) The classic WOC leather on the sides and bottom are made of thin leather with fabric lining*, but the Promenade comes with thicker leather at the sides and bottom with leather (lambskin?) lining.
2) In terms of size, the Promenade is also wider than the WOC, so you will have no problem fitting in your latest smart of a larger size.
3) The Promenade's chain is detachable. I had to "illegally modify" my WOC by cutting the chain link and adding a clasp to do detach it.
4) The length of the WOC is longer than the Promenade so depending on your body type, it may/may not be a blessing.
5) The lock on Promenade is a better quality "push lock" compared to WOC's single button.
6) I've lost touch with the WOC prices, but Promenade may be slightly more expensive than WOC. Someone please correct me on that.

Have fun!

*Note that limited editions WOC may be of a different quality i.e. I have a limited edition gold WOC that is goatskin exterior with lambskin lining, and slightly better workmanship.

Oh wow thanks for the info! In canada the WOC is 2500 and the promenade is about 2400 I believe. So very similar prices.

Great! Sounds like I am making the right decision!

I just purchased a promenade, and am feeling pretty happy about the size (and the price)!

I wanted a classic bag to use for evenings/date nights. I was initially thinking a Chanel bag, but after doing some comparing I think the promenade is a great deal.

The promenade is bigger than a Chanel WOC, and a bit sturdier and able to stand up on it's own (at least the newer version is, the older version is a bit more pouch-like, as the bottom is designed differently).

In terms of pricing, the Dior promenade is $2050 in the States (before sales tax, in NY I think this is 8.875%, so total of approx $2231). Luckily I was recently in Paris and was able to buy mine at the airport for €1364 (it's €1550, minus 12% duty when you buy in the airport). I bought this when the Euro was trading at $1.04, so I saved a bit compared to buying in the States.

Foreign exchange savings aside, I feel the promenade is still a great value relative to the comps.

In inches:
Promenade: 8.26"x 5.31"x 1.9" - $2050

Chanel woc: 7.5"x 5"x 1.5" - $2100

Chanel mini rectangle: 7.9"x 4.9" x 2.8" - $3100 (some sites report the size as 8"x 5"x 2" as well)

Chanel small flap: 9.3"x 5.7" 2.6" - $4700

I think the promenade is ideal because it's size is closer to the Chanel mini and Chanel small classic flaps, but it costs $1050 less than the mini. I think the promenade serves the same purpose in terms of use, has similar storage capacity, and provides the same look as these two Chanel bags. Lastly, the Dior Promenade champagne gold finish makes it pretty versatile.

Reactions: averagejoe
I just purchased a promenade, and am feeling pretty happy about the size (and the price)!

I wanted a classic bag to use for evenings/date nights. I was initially thinking a Chanel bag, but after doing some comparing I think the promenade is a great deal.

The promenade is bigger than a Chanel WOC, and a bit sturdier and able to stand up on it's own (at least the newer version is, the older version is a bit more pouch-like, as the bottom is designed differently).

In terms of pricing, the Dior promenade is $2050 in the States (before sales tax, in NY I think this is 8.875%, so total of approx $2231). Luckily I was recently in Paris and was able to buy mine at the airport for €1364 (it's €1550, minus 12% duty when you buy in the airport). I bought this when the Euro was trading at $1.04, so I saved a bit compared to buying in the States.

Foreign exchange savings aside, I feel the promenade is still a great value relative to the comps.

In inches:
Promenade: 8.26"x 5.31"x 1.9" - $2050

Chanel woc: 7.5"x 5"x 1.5" - $2100

Chanel mini rectangle: 7.9"x 4.9" x 2.8" - $3100 (some sites report the size as 8"x 5"x 2" as well)

Chanel small flap: 9.3"x 5.7" 2.6" - $4700

I think the promenade is ideal because it's size is closer to the Chanel mini and Chanel small classic flaps, but it costs $1050 less than the mini. I think the promenade serves the same purpose in terms of use, has similar storage capacity, and provides the same look as these two Chanel bags. Lastly, the Dior Promenade champagne gold finish makes it pretty versatile.
Congratulations! Pictures please!