What goes around comes around Authentication?

LVChanelLISA

LVChanelLISA
O.G.
Jan 28, 2012
Hi Ladies & Gents,

Does anyone have any info on "What goes around comes around"? I have an opportunity to get some vintage Chanel jewelry that was authenticated by them. I am being provided with a certificate directly from them for each piece saying they have authenticated it to be real. Would that suffice for any of you to make a purchase?

Do any of you have any experience with this company, "What goes around comes around?"

Have any of you purchased from them before or know anything about their reputation for being the real deal?

Here is their website: www.whatgoesaroundnyc.com

I appreciate any light you can shed on this. I am looking to make about a $10,000 purchase and want to be sure the items are authentic. HELP!! I'm so worried about making a mistake!

Thanks in advance for any and all info you can provide!!

Lisa

I have bought vintage chanel from them. While I do believe they carry authentic second hand chanel pieces, they definitely charge a huge huge margin. I was too naive 4 years ago thinking I got a good deal but it was not at all. If I were you I would not buy from them and do more research to see if you can find a better price, unless it's a very rare item of course

I have bought vintage chanel from them. While I do believe they carry authentic second hand chanel pieces, they definitely charge a huge huge margin. I was too naive 4 years ago thinking I got a good deal but it was not at all. If I were you I would not buy from them and do more research to see if you can find a better price, unless it's a very rare item of course

Just checked out their site and they do charge a lot more than the usual consignment store...Even Fashionphile charges a lil less! lol. I'm thinking these must be mint condition pieces for them to charge that much.

They usually do a vintage trunk show of just Chanel and Hermes at a local boutique. Their items are authentic for the most part, but I agree with others that their markups are very high.

They usually do a vintage trunk show of just Chanel and Hermes at a local boutique. Their items are authentic for the most part, but I agree with others that their markups are very high.

Thanks for your input! I was at their trunk show yesterday and I picked out some vintage jewelry. I'm waiting to hear when they will have their letters of authentication in hand to go with the pieces. The bags they had in store all had a letter of authentication. The sales associate told me the jewelry did as well. It wasn't until I was checking out that they realized none of the jewelry did! So, I said I will wait until they have the letters for each of the 5 pieces before I am pulling the trigger on anything.

Honestly if I was spending that kind of money, I'd want a third party authentication-someone who wasn't biased.

Haven't but for Chanel I'd use Etinceler for sure :smile:

Just checked out their site and they do charge a lot more than the usual consignment store...Even Fashionphile charges a lil less! lol. I'm thinking these must be mint condition pieces for them to charge that much.

Thanks for your input everyone! After a little research, they do seem like the real deal. I agree that their prices are on the high side. The pieces were in beautiful condition. I am waiting on letters of authentication to be presented to me prior to making my purchase. They said they would call me when they had the authentication letters in hand.

I will keep everyone updated! Thanks for all of your responses!

Lisa