Curling Iron Wand...Worth it?

I'm half tempted to get a curling wand. I'm half considering the ghd curved one which is oval shaped. Has anyone here used this one a oval shaped one by another brand? I'm looking to make my hair more wavy vs curly.

Bumping this to say that I finally jumped on the wand wagon. LOVE IT!! Super easy to twirl and go. I can get curls or waves with the Remington Pearl. I have shoulder length fine hair and it takes me less than ten minutes to curl my whole head.

Bonus - I can do my hair the night before and the curls are still nearly perfect the next morning. I love curly hair and now it's within my reach. SIMPLY PERFECT!
This is the one I have as well. A normal curling iron and even a Marcel will not curl and hold to save my life. I love this wand, BUT I wish they made a bigger barrel one. My hair is too long for it now and gives me Shirley Temple curls that won't lose their spiral :wacko:

So I got the GHD curve wand and my hair looks good the day I curl it but the next day it falls and my hair looks dented and icky. The only product I used was a heat protectant product by kerastase. Anyone else have that problem with the ghd curve? Should I try another product? I also ended up buying the sultra curling wand because it was on sale at costco.com I just haven't gotten around to trying it out yet.