So confused! 'No insertion fees + 75% off final value fees.' offer.

Oct 19, 2012
I really hope someone can help me it may sound like a stupid question but I'm so confused about this offer.

I have listed a bag as buy it now or best offer within the time of the offer which has now expired.

Does that mean I have to sell the item within the time period of the offer which was 4/12/15 till 8/12/15 or will the offer still apply when the bag sells.

I really hope that makes sense, its just i've re read the t&c's so many times and I can't work it out! This s the first designer bag I've sold on eBay.

Any help would be a massive help as it really affects the price I'm willing to accept.

Thank you!

Your item would have had to sell during the offer period.

Thank you for your reply, I thought it was too good to be true!

I am not sure that's correct. Here is the detailed terms I got on eBay.co.uk: "Create up to 100 listing(s) on eBay.co.uk in an eligible category, starting during the promotion period, using the auction-style or fixed price format and receive a 75% discount on their final value fees if the items sell. "

It doesn't say it has to be sold during the period.

It's so unclear isn't it!
I'm afraid of selling the bag at a much lower price thinking I've got the 75% off fees, and then having to pay the full commission because the deal has expired.

I am not sure that's correct. Here is the detailed terms I got on eBay.co.uk: "Create up to 100 listing(s) on eBay.co.uk in an eligible category, starting during the promotion period, using the auction-style or fixed price format and receive a 75% discount on their final value fees if the items sell. "

Sorry forgot to quote

Well unless it was listed with no end date (and I've never experienced a promotion like that for listings outside of 7,10 or 30 days) its unlikely something originally listed between April and August is still for sale and thus eligible. Why not call and ask?

I really hope someone can help me it may sound like a stupid question but I'm so confused about this offer.

I have listed a bag as buy it now or best offer within the time of the offer which has now expired.

Does that mean I have to sell the item within the time period of the offer which was 4/12/15 till 8/12/15 or will the offer still apply when the bag sells.

I really hope that makes sense, its just i've re read the t&c's so many times and I can't work it out! This s the first designer bag I've sold on eBay.

Any help would be a massive help as it really affects the price I'm willing to accept.

Thank you!
I've sold with those types of offers before with eBay and as long as your sales started in that period of time, the discount will apply it doesn't matter when it sells. hope that helps and happy selling!

Well unless it was listed with no end date (and I've never experienced a promotion like that for listings outside of 7,10 or 30 days) its unlikely something originally listed between April and August is still for sale and thus eligible. Why not call and ask?

The OP is quoting UK-format dates! The items had to be listed between 4th & 8th December ;)

I agree with arnoldscigar and XiangXiang, the item has to be listed between the promotion dates.

The "small print" might be to check that you have "opted-in" (this had to be done before the listing went live, otherwise the promotion won't apply) - at the bottom of your "all selling" page there is a list of promotions which are available & which are active.

I agree with arnoldscigar and XiangXiang, the item has to be listed between the promotion dates.

The "small print" might be to check that you have "opted-in" (this had to be done before the listing went live, otherwise the promotion won't apply) - at the bottom of your "all selling" page there is a list of promotions which are available & which are active.

Yeah I've definitely opted into the promotion so fingers crossed it still applies thank you for your reply