generic Latisse - Careprost Bimatoprost eyelash growth serum

leecube

O.G.
Mar 23, 2008
Hi, have anyone heard of this? Careprost Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution? It is supposed to have the same ingredient as Latisse. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Also, since it is not available in USA, I can only buy it through an overseas online retailer. Does anyone have a trusted one that they've purchased this from before?

Many thanks in advance!!

I use it, but have never ordered from an online source. I just pick up a few tubes when I make overseas trips. Much cheaper than Latisse with the same results.

Just want to note that although Latisse and generic versions may be available without a prescription in some countries, in many others, you do need to consult a doctor first. Makes sense that you would want a doctor's ok for anything you put near your eyes. So even though you can buy this without a prescription, it's worth erring on the side of caution.

FYI, here are the side effects listed by Latisse; some people with pre-existing conditions should not use it.

http://www.latisse.com/SafetyAndSideEffects.aspx

I have purchased Careprost from All Day Chemist on several occasions. They shipped promptly and were easy to deal with. However, since then, I receive tons of pharmaceutical spam emails on a daily basis.
I was very pleased with Careprost at first but about a year later it seemed to stop working so I have given it up. But that is probably just my eyelashes, not the medication.

I use it, but have never ordered from an online source. I just pick up a few tubes when I make overseas trips. Much cheaper than Latisse with the same results.
Thanks for your reply! Can I ask, which country did you purchase it from? I will be traveling to France and England later this year, perhaps I should buy it there instead? Anywhere in Asia that also carries this? And is it available at just any pharmacy or drug store?

Just want to note that although Latisse and generic versions may be available without a prescription in some countries, in many others, you do need to consult a doctor first. Makes sense that you would want a doctor's ok for anything you put near your eyes. So even though you can buy this without a prescription, it's worth erring on the side of caution.

FYI, here are the side effects listed by Latisse; some people with pre-existing conditions should not use it.

http://www.latisse.com/SafetyAndSideEffects.aspx
Thanks for the reminder about the side effects. I will be careful and consult the appropriate professional.

I have purchased Careprost from All Day Chemist on several occasions. They shipped promptly and were easy to deal with. However, since then, I receive tons of pharmaceutical spam emails on a daily basis.
I was very pleased with Careprost at first but about a year later it seemed to stop working so I have given it up. But that is probably just my eyelashes, not the medication.
Thanks for sharing your experience. So did you see immediately results from your first bottle? I've only used RapidLash before and I wasn't that thrill with the result even after using two tubes.

So what are you currently using?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used Careprost from this same on line pharmacy for about a year. My lashes are still long and thick, but they did seem longer when I used Lilash instead. Maybe they just seemed longer at first, tho. Or maybe I have just gotten used to them...

I have been using the generic version for about 4 years. My lashes are long and thick. I have lost some of lashes when I had thyroid issue and the med really filled them in nicely. I buy it from all day chemist or I pick it up when ever I travel to Mexico. They sell it over the counter.

It usually takes about 16 weeks to get the full benefit of it. I started noticing a difference in about 6-8 weeks.

I take it from all day chemist, I paid a fraction of what revitalash costs - about 13 dollars....it isn't available anymore, but they have latisse instead, which is even cheaper! IMO, a better idea than buying anything over $20 for lashes. I've been on it a while and my lashes are ridiculously long...maybe a bit too long. They're twisting right now and nearly half an inch long.

There are quite a few things you can take for thinning (aka sparse) (or also actually thin) hair.

I have had a lot of success with Megatek, which is actually a product for horses...they have a "human version" which seems to me to be overpriced and only packaged/marketed differently.

Biotin is good as well.

Silica, Selenium, B-complex, MSM are others. They really make a difference for myself.

Lots of supplements actually help hair grow and have the right strength and moisture balance - its one of those things like skin that so closely shows your true health, so staying healthy affects this greatly, but these supps make a noticeable difference.

Do let us know how the revitalash for hair works for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
you have used Bimatoprost before?

I really have no idea what the last two posts are talking about or how they relate to my post.

In other news, I ordered the careprost today. They were doing $10 off shipping. I only got one bottle so I cops try before committing to more. I'd still like to know how long a bottle lasts you ladies.

I really have no idea what the last two posts are talking about or how they relate to my post.

In other news, I ordered the careprost today. They were doing $10 off shipping. I only got one bottle so I cops try before committing to more. I'd still like to know how long a bottle lasts you ladies.
I'll bite - I actually just started this a few weeks ago (wish I'd waited for that $10 off shipping though, not going to lie!) and so far I haven't made a dent in the bottle. You need so little that I can't imagine going through the bottle in the next 6 months, and I'm using it twice a day until I get my lashes where I want them in terms of growth. I'm fairly generous with my application as well. I find that 1 drop from the nozzle is more than enough to do both eyes.

I know I didn't answer your question, but I'll report back as soon as I can speak to it more. I don't think you'll have to worry about needing a new bottle with any expediency, though.

I'll bite - I actually just started this a few weeks ago (wish I'd waited for that $10 off shipping though, not going to lie!) and so far I haven't made a dent in the bottle. You need so little that I can't imagine going through the bottle in the next 6 months, and I'm using it twice a day until I get my lashes where I want them in terms of growth. I'm fairly generous with my application as well. I find that 1 drop from the nozzle is more than enough to do both eyes.

I know I didn't answer your question, but I'll report back as soon as I can speak to it more. I don't think you'll have to worry about needing a new bottle with any expediency, though.

Thank you. That did answer my question. Basically, I was wondering if buying just one bottle made sense. I didn't want to be running out before getting a benifit. Sounds like one bottle will last a long time.

Can't wait to get started. My lashes are long but not very thick.