For those who like pre-loved bags...

CassieH

Apr 20, 2015
Did you guys play the waiting game until you find the one bag you want?

I was thinking somewhere down the line a year from now, I would buy a rectangular mini classic flap in black caviar and silver hardware. But the model I want for this is with four grommets, and much like the single flap, it is discontinued.

I have been checking on AnnsFabFinds, Portero, FashionPhile, Luxury Bond, Yoogis, and Patina Boutique. Nothing is available just yet, but I'm hoping one will turn up.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I was thinking somewhere down the line a year from now, I would buy a rectangular mini classic flap in black caviar and silver hardware. But the model I want for this is with four grommets, and much like the single flap, it is discontinued.

I have been checking on AnnsFabFinds, Portero, FashionPhile, Luxury Bond, Yoogis, and Patina Boutique. Nothing is available just yet, but I'm hoping one will turn up.

Understand what you mean. If a metallic pink mini flap ever pops up i will get it shipped from wherever! Of course the price has to be reasonable

I definitely fit into this category. Recently, I was in the market for a BC Jumbo with GHW. However, not only do I prefer the discontinued single flap, but I also prefer the real gold plated hardware. AND -- the preloved bag has to be in excellent/pristine condition and at a price to my liking. It took me about a year to get a bag satisfying all my variables, and it was definitely worth it!!

Your dream bag will show up at some point. You just have to be vigilant as you appear to be already. I found that this method has also prevented me from making impulse purchases. It has made the purchases I've made much more satisfying for sure.

Whatever you do, don't give up and settle for a sub par one. I was on the search for one too and must have pass up a dozen or so purses but I held on and one day, the perfect one showed up. It just isn't the right time for your purse to come to you. Hang in there

i try to wait and then usually end up buying something else i like before i find what i was waiting for. unless the bag is really a major dream bag i would be too impatient. and what bag is ever a dream bag?! there is always another style coming. and you can't be checking those sites 24/7 365 days a year... sometimes i wake up, look at AFF or etc. and my 'dream bag' sold while i was sleeping.

Patience definitely pays off. I waited YEARS for a pristine black Balenciaga City bag with the giant 21 GHW (this was discontinued a few years back as I was just getting into the brand) and FINALLY one pops up on Fashionphile. It should be coming tomorrow so I'm super elated!

You'll know when its the right bag at the right time. Keep looking!

Patience definitely pays off. I waited YEARS for a pristine black Balenciaga City bag with the giant 21 GHW (this was discontinued a few years back as I was just getting into the brand) and FINALLY one pops up on Fashionphile. It should be coming tomorrow so I'm super elated!

You'll know when its the right bag at the right time. Keep looking!

I admire your patience!

Congrats on your purchase, I hope it's everything you wanted.

I did! I had my heart set on a 2005 anniversary grey reissue 227 and I hunted for years until I found one in mint condition and never carried. I always seemed to miss them by a few days, or the sellers changed their mind during negotiations and decided not to sell. I finally found "the one" after almost 2-3 years and I know it sounds a bit superficial but I was so ridiculously happy!!!!

I waited almost 2 years for my perfect 12a red jumbo, I became impatient and started buying other reds thinking I would grow to love them just as much, each time it was a huge let down. I ended up losing money when i sold them. I would search all my favorite resellers each day , with the help from a dear tpf friend I finally found one on fashionphile. Darling I know how you feel about finding your mini with 4 grommets, if this is truly what your heart desires. It will pop up for you one day, just be patient. If I see one on any of the sites you posted I'll be sure to let you know. :hugs:

I waited almost 2 years for my perfect 12a red jumbo, I became impatient and started buying other reds thinking I would grow to love them just as much, each time it was a huge let down. I ended up losing money when i sold them. I would search all my favorite resellers each day , with the help from a dear tpf friend I finally found one on fashionphile. Darling I know how you feel about finding your mini with 4 grommets, if this is truly what your heart desires. It will pop up for you one day, just be patient. If I see one on any of the sites you posted I'll be sure to let you know. :hugs:
Thanks!

:flowers:

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! Do I have devastating news!

The money I saved from buying pre-loved as a Canadian pretty much went down the drain... Canada Post just gave me the slip and it states the fee value for having it go through customs. It completely neutralizes the cost of preloved item. A trip to montreal would have been fun and slightly cheaper (there and back, too).

Guess I have to stick to the Canadian boutiques from now on. I'm glad it's a single flap though, I'd be devastated if had gone with the double flap knowing that they are Canadian accessible.

I haven't picked up the package yet.

Having said that, it's still probably worth to get preloved if you are on American soil.

Lesson learned I guess. *sigh* I will wait two years for the Canadian mini instead of buying from the American preloved market, and put up with the price increases, which is probably still cheaper and has a protection policy in place than ordering through the US. But I feel like an idiot right now, and I hadn't considered customs to charge hat much. At least with a ticket to montreal, I will have memories and a fun trip in a different provincial culture along with visiting the boutique. Which is way worth more than paying customs and still sticking around my city.
:shucks:

Last edited: