Help me!? Classic Flap Faulty???

gmiff

May 11, 2015
Hi ladies I need your help!!
I purchased my gorgeous CF jumbo in black caviar with GHW back in March of this year from the New Bond Street store in London. Since I'm only 20 and it will likely be my only Chanel bag for the time being. So I have cherished it and only used it.. Maybe 10/15 times at the very most!
I noticed the other week that a thread has come loose on one of the stitchings on the back! [emoji24][emoji24] see pics below! (Sorry for the atrocious pics, I've realised its a very hard angle to take pics of!)
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1449357834.118701.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1449357882.558628.jpg
I hope you can see clearly?!
I know it's not a big thing and I'm worried I'm overreacting. But after paying £3,500 for a handbag I'd expect it to hold up better than it has after 9 months..
Also I do not live near a Chanel store so if I were to contact them what would be the best way.
What should I do?!
Thankyou ladies, I'm counting on your help! [emoji8][emoji8] xx

I know it's annoying that this happened since the bag is still so new, but those stitches or the ones inside the flap "popping" can be a common thing and fortunately a very easy fix. There should be no charge as the bag is under a year old. You will need to bring it to Chanel though.Since you say you don't live near the store, maybe contact the store and talk to the SA that helped you. Maybe she or the Manager even can suggest to you how to get it to repairs. Best of luck.

Hi ladies I need your help!!
I purchased my gorgeous CF jumbo in black caviar with GHW back in March of this year from the New Bond Street store in London. Since I'm only 20 and it will likely be my only Chanel bag for the time being. So I have cherished it and only used it.. Maybe 10/15 times at the very most!
I noticed the other week that a thread has come loose on one of the stitchings on the back! [emoji24][emoji24] see pics below! (Sorry for the atrocious pics, I've realised its a very hard angle to take pics of!)
View attachment 3206555
View attachment 3206556
I hope you can see clearly?!
I know it's not a big thing and I'm worried I'm overreacting. But after paying £3,500 for a handbag I'd expect it to hold up better than it has after 9 months..
Also I do not live near a Chanel store so if I were to contact them what would be the best way.
What should I do?!
Thankyou ladies, I'm counting on your help! [emoji8][emoji8] xx

That happened to my jumbo. I snipped the loose thread with a pair of scissors and it's fixed. That was at least a year ago and the stitch hasn't unravelled :smile:

I know it's annoying that this happened since the bag is still so new, but those stitches or the ones inside the flap "popping" can be a common thing and fortunately a very easy fix. There should be no charge as the bag is under a year old. You will need to bring it to Chanel though.Since you say you don't live near the store, maybe contact the store and talk to the SA that helped you. Maybe she or the Manager even can suggest to you how to get it to repairs. Best of luck.

Thankyouuuu! X