Help: Recommend a lightweight bag for work (premier designer) please!

ineedbags

O.G.
Jan 27, 2008
Hi all,

I've been trying to find the perfect work bag that is light enough to travel with but not too casual. I was thinking of a canvas coated bag because leather, while gorgeous, is really heavy!

Some options I was thinking of but am rethinking because they look too casual: LV Neverfull, Goyard St Louis.

I'd need for it to be:
1) Light - I can't cope with heavy leather bags with heavy metal bits that make it heavier. Maybe coated canvas? Or very light leather like Balenciaga except those look far too casual.
2) Formal and professional (used for meetings with clients)
3) Big/strong enough for a 13-inch laptop
4) Have some compartments so I don't have to dig through it to get to my passport/wallet etc.
5) Preferably with some closure for security (which means the Goyard is probably out).
6) Prefer shoulder or a tote that could be possibly slung over shoulder
7) Budget of 4k

Would appreciate any suggestions!!!! Thanks much.

Well, I have a Dior Panarea which ticks most boxes (except for the closure). It has just been discontinued but some boutiques will still have stock. I carry my laptop, docs in it and it has 3 pockets for purse, passport, phone etc.

Other than that, also discontinued but the Chanel GST also works well and when I had it, carried a 13" macbook air easily. They have some interesting replacement totes that I haven't tried yet, but seem to fit the same.

Well, I have a Dior Panarea which ticks most boxes (except for the closure). It has just been discontinued but some boutiques will still have stock. I carry my laptop, docs in it and it has 3 pockets for purse, passport, phone etc.

Other than that, also discontinued but the Chanel GST also works well and when I had it, carried a 13" macbook air easily. They have some interesting replacement totes that I haven't tried yet, but seem to fit the same.

Thanks much for the suggestion of the Dior Panarea!! I've just had a quick look and the older version looks better than the new one. Time to have a look :graucho: - is the quality on the new one as good though? I wonder why they're changing it since the old one looks better? ;)

(Maybe not so much the Chanel GST because the chain would make it heavy.)

Thanks!

Thanks much for the suggestion of the Dior Panarea!! I've just had a quick look and the older version looks better than the new one. Time to have a look :graucho: - is the quality on the new one as good though? I wonder why they're changing it since the old one looks better? ;)

(Maybe not so much the Chanel GST because the chain would make it heavy.)

Thanks!

You're welcome!

You know, I always thought I wanted an 'old' Panarea, but when they discontinued that one and I went to about 6 different boutiques to try them on, I just couldn't find my match. Until I found my 'new' Panarea. In real life it's just more fun and the canvas is stronger on it. Am very glad I got the new and not the old to be honest.

But now the 'new' Panarea is also being replaced, probably because the price point wasn't interesting for Dior, which is a real shame. However my SA showed me the new tote that will arrive soon, it's a mix of the Panarea and the old Dior Soft - no idea about the inside compartments but you might like that one too if you can't track down any of the old models!

You're welcome!

You know, I always thought I wanted an 'old' Panarea, but when they discontinued that one and I went to about 6 different boutiques to try them on, I just couldn't find my match. Until I found my 'new' Panarea. In real life it's just more fun and the canvas is stronger on it. Am very glad I got the new and not the old to be honest.

But now the 'new' Panarea is also being replaced, probably because the price point wasn't interesting for Dior, which is a real shame. However my SA showed me the new tote that will arrive soon, it's a mix of the Panarea and the old Dior Soft - no idea about the inside compartments but you might like that one too if you can't track down any of the old models!

Could you,please, provide a link for this newest Dior's bag, so that we can see how it looks? I wanted the new Panarea and got frustrated when I learned that they discontinued it, so I would like to see the replacement.

chanel medallion. it's discontinued, but so functional and lightweight. i was shocked when i recently bought one by how awesome it is. the lack of a heavy chain handle makes it lighter (it has a lightweight leather handle), it can go over the shoulder, be handheld, zips up, leather-lined, big enough for tablets and files and bottle of water, and looks formal or casual.

Could you,please, provide a link for this newest Dior's bag, so that we can see how it looks? I wanted the new Panarea and got frustrated when I learned that they discontinued it, so I would like to see the replacement.

Yes, more intel on the new Dior, please!! :smile:

Thanks everyone else for the suggestions, too.

The LV Estrela: Does it come only in the Damier and monogram?

Chanel Medallion: Is it big enough for a 13 inch macbook though? I've looked at some pics and it looks slightly small?

Prada Saffiano/Double bag: Yeah I like the look but just can't cope with how heavy the bags are

What do you think about the Goyard Marquise? Slightly more structured which makes it slightly more formal. But not sure if it still looks a bit casual. Has anyone tried this?