Authenticate This KATE SPADE

I don't see anything wrong with your bag. And I'm sure that dawnsfinallywed will agree.

I have my fair share of Kate spade bags and there are so many things that looks off to me. Here are some pictures of my maise and small Hayden that I got from the actual store. The words are not super bold and more subtle, the feet are rounded, the inside tag's font is crisp, and the leather isn't as shiny as the black purse (which is how it's supposed to be). So, I would have to say I think the purse is fake.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1448154807.682939.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1448154880.074623.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1448154973.320868.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1448155000.175839.jpg

That looks very fake. The Kate spade logo on the bag is not supposed to look like that. But hopefully someone else can confirm it also!

I don't see anything wrong with your bag. And I'm sure that dawnsfinallywed will agree.

I have my fair share of Kate spade bags and there are so many things that looks off to me. Here are some pictures of my maise and small Hayden that I got from the actual store. The words are not super bold and more subtle, the feet are rounded, the inside tag's font is crisp, and the leather isn't as shiny as the black purse (which is how it's supposed to be). So, I would have to say I think the purse is fake.

View attachment 3194726View attachment 3194728View attachment 3194730View attachment 3194731
I hope Dawn chimes in because I agree. There are differences.

I know that in some brands, you have to compare apples to apples, i.e., the bags have to be the same style and made at the same time in the same factory. Not sure if KS is the same way.

But check out and compare these side by side comps. The bag in question is on the left and tinahl's is on the right.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 8.34.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 8.34.23 PM.png
    423.4 KB · Views: 371
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 8.35.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 8.35.33 PM.png
    395.2 KB · Views: 371

tinahl said:
That looks very fake. The Kate spade logo on the bag is not supposed to look like that. But hopefully someone else can confirm it also!
I agree. That is a different font than KS uses on the front of the bag. You can see certain lines of the letters are thicker/thinner than should be or curve or join at different points. Especially in the lower case letters. I dont think I am supposed to say where the differences are but multiple letters are decidedly different in construction that they cant be excused by stamp bleeding or lighting angle.

I'm not an authenticator, and I dont have enough posts to be one. But I know dawnsfinallywed is kind enough to give a lot of her time in here and I post this in hope it helps her.

Last edited:
Hi! I got this black wallet as a gift and I'm a bit skeptical about its authenticity because
#1 it came without any tags, cards, wrappers, plastic
#2 it came in a white box instead of the usual blue (the photo makes it look blue but its stark white in real life)
#3 it seems to lack any kate spade labels on the inside, and the zipper on the inside looks too simpl
It was also said to have been bought online. Please help me authenticate this wallet! Thank you!

Hello! Thank you all for helping! I suspect that it's fake too but I'm not really sure about it and decided to post it here! Hopefully dawbsfinallywed would see and help! Thank you all! Appreciated deeply! (:

Your bag is authentic. Here's a pic of the same bag off the ks website!

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2015-11-23-05-55-11.png
    QuickMemo+_2015-11-23-05-55-11.png
    533.3 KB · Views: 347
Hi, hope someone can help me authenticate this bag? It's a reptile skin hobo with two front pockets and I can't find one like it online. Nice bag, bought on eBay. I like it no matter what, but would like to know if it is a fake. Thanks so very much!

Attachments

• DSCN7909.JPG
    DSCN7909.JPG
    465.2 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN7908.JPG
    DSCN7908.JPG
    473.2 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCN7907.JPG
    DSCN7907.JPG
    452.9 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN7906.JPG
    DSCN7906.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 340
Hi! I got this black wallet as a gift and I'm a bit skeptical about its authenticity because
#2 it came in a white box instead of the usual blue (the photo makes it look blue but its stark white in real life)
#3 it seems to lack any kate spade labels on the inside, and the zipper on the inside looks too simpl
It was also said to have been bought online. Please help me authenticate this wallet! Thank you!

Hi dawnsfinallywed! Please help me authenticate this, thank you! 😊

This forum is very helpful and I appreciate the insight. I found one more bag from eBay that I purchased for my sister. I have never seen this bag from Kate Spade; is it a fake? Thank so much!

Attachments

• DSCN7915.JPG
    DSCN7915.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCN7916.JPG
    DSCN7916.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCN7918.JPG
    DSCN7918.JPG
    422.8 KB · Views: 331
  • DSCN7919.JPG
    DSCN7919.JPG
    413.6 KB · Views: 340

I'm inclined to say that this is not authentic. The font looks off on the wallet and the box. Also, the zipper pull isn't anything she uses. From what website was it purchased?