I'm Anxious - What do I do next?

I don't believe thieves deserve any consideration whatsoever. Criminal Prosecution? Yes. Patience? Definitely not. IMHO you should establish a 24-48 hour refund deadline with seller. If your money doesn't show up within the alloted time-frame, file PayPal dispute and immediately escalate it to Claim. Please let us know the outcome. Good Luck!:P

I agree.
This is serious. The seller sent you a counterfeit handbag. You say you have only purchased three items on ebay. This seller obviously is taking advantage of that, assuming that you don't know or understand all of the ebay / paypal policies yet.
You say you don't want to tarnish the seller's reputation.
Why? What this seller did is ILLEGAL.
:cursing:

Again, I see a couple posters disagreed w/ my post asking about the seller.
I really believe that it is important knowing who you are dealing with!

If this is a seller that has been selling for years with hundreds of feedback, more than likely the seller will want to take care of the problem quickly as the dreaded "fake handbag" negative will affect his/her future sales. Yes you already left a positive feedback, but you can leave a comment "found out later bag was fake avoid this seller!" . Getting your refund this way will be much quicker than going through ebay/paypal.
After you get your money back, you can still leave the comment and report to the authorities.

If the seller is newly registered, perhaps is scamming others and then will move on.....and perhaps disappear..... then you will def. need to file a claim asap, and report to the authorities immediately.

Frankly, I'd email the seller right away and supply the tracking information, and give him/her 24-48 hours to refund your money INCLUDING the shipping.

Ok, I'm trying to be patient and hope that the seller got my bag back today. They're three hours off of my time (eastern), so I'm trying to take that into consideration. I've emailed them last night with no reply back. If I don't hear anything by tonight, should I file a claim? If so, with who? Paypal or Ebay? Thanks for your help in advance.

Ok, so I waited. They ended up getting the bag. I sent another email asking for my refund as soon as possible. I hope everything goes well. I'd hate to have to get ugly...:rant:

Ok. I had to send this email to the seller today seeing that it's been 7 days since they responded to my first email:

Hello,
It has been 7 days since you contacted me back concerning my bag. I see that you have received it yesterday. If I do not get a response from you at all concerning this matter, I’m afraid I will have to open a claim in Paypal for my refund. I hope it doesn’t have to come to this as I’ve seen that you have been professional thus far. Thanks in advance for your prompt response in this matter.

Sound good or too pushy?

Well, well, well. It seems like with some "prompting", people know how to respond. :biggrin: Suddenly the seller responded saying they’ve refunded my money and it should take 5 days for Paypal to clear it. They said it should be "pending". Is this true?

Yes, the refund will say 'pending' for a few days before it clears into your paypal account...you should be able to see that they have sent the refund though...glad to hear that it all seems to have worked out well for you:smile:

I plan on it. I finally found where I can go and leave another comment. I'm just trying to see if Paypal goes through. Plus, the seller didn't even leave me any feedback and I paid immediately. I'm just glad to be done with it.
Now you should leave a comment to your feedback!
Need to warn others about this seller!!!

If you paid by CC, and the seller did the refund from your original transaction, the money will go back to your CC instead of showing as your PayPal balance. You should be able to see that transaction in your PayPal transaction list.