HELP! Do handle imprints come out of vernis leather eventually?

Monogasm

A Fetish for LV!
Sep 20, 2015
Me and my luck, I just can't believe it. I asked LV reseller in the USA I had met and dealt with previously on Ebay if she could do me a huge favour and order me my holy grail bag which was no longer available in the UK- an Alma BB in Noir Magnetique. She agreed and went ahead and made the order, for a considerable handling fee I may add. She received it and sent me pics of everything, the bag, box, receipt, emails from the LV site etc. I felt confident all would be fine! I asked for absolutely everything to be sent to me that came with the bag. Imagine my horror when the package that arrived was not box shaped but bag shaped :tdown: Yep, sent in a couple of padded envelopes! :sad:

While the postal service was not brutal with it, it did get mildly compressed resulting in a very hard to see but none the less present imprint on the side of the bag where the handle lay. To boot, and I just don't understand how, the lock had some scratches/scuffs on the underside!!! ARGH! This element does not look like it happened in the mail. I am absolutely precious about my bags and really, really baby them to the next level. If a bag arrives with me in anything other than the condition I expect I just can't enjoy it.

I immediately took this up with the seller who tried to pin the blame on the postal service. I said the postal service could not be to blame as you just can't send an $1800 vernis handbag in an envelope, its ridiculous. She explained she did this to save money which just upset me further, I would happily have paid for the box and had expressed I wanted it sent in it, properly packaged! Frankly the box should have been sent in another padded box to ensure everything was PERFECT! At least, that is what any sensible person handling such a high dollar item (AND charging a handling fee) would do, right?! With all the extra fees I paid $2560!!!!!!! Upon saying this to her she claimed I had never asked for this so I went through my text messages to confirm that 100% I did and guess what? In my frustration I accidentally deleted the whole damn message string :amazed: Unbelievable!

I'm rambling because I needed to get that off my chest, sorry! So, bottom line is, will the handle print eventually come out of the bag in time? Its not a scuff but rather a compression mark in the vernis. As for the lock, well that is another story. Perhaps LV can fix or replace it for me? What a big, fat expensive disaster. There is nothing sadder than giving yourself a treat this big just for it to turn out to be a heartache and stress. What would you guys do in my shoes?

I do not think the impression will come out over time. However, can you exchange it in store here and ask for a product request? Also if you have icloud or have saved your phone, the iphone message string should still be there.

I'd put the guns on the bottom of your post to good use...

The impression may or may not lift depending on its depth and how long the bag rested on top of the handle, the deeper or longer the less likely the compressed leather will raise back up. Try stuffing the purse and see if the gentle pressure pushing outwards helps to lift the dent and LV can sell you a new lock and keys since it's a replacement part.
As LVoeletters suggested, you can try to exchange and make a product request or, if you have an iPhone, check your iCloud for messages. If the seller initially agreed to ship it per your specifications and clearly failed to do so, then she could be held responsible for damages to your bag.

Me and my luck, I just can't believe it. I asked LV reseller in the USA I had met and dealt with previously on Ebay if she could do me a huge favour and order me my holy grail bag which was no longer available in the UK- an Alma BB in Noir Magnetique. She agreed and went ahead and made the order, for a considerable handling fee I may add. She received it and sent me pics of everything, the bag, box, receipt, emails from the LV site etc. I felt confident all would be fine! I asked for absolutely everything to be sent to me that came with the bag. Imagine my horror when the package that arrived was not box shaped but bag shaped :tdown: Yep, sent in a couple of padded envelopes! :sad:

While the postal service was not brutal with it, it did get mildly compressed resulting in a very hard to see but none the less present imprint on the side of the bag where the handle lay. To boot, and I just don't understand how, the lock had some scratches/scuffs on the underside!!! ARGH! This element does not look like it happened in the mail. I am absolutely precious about my bags and really, really baby them to the next level. If a bag arrives with me in anything other than the condition I expect I just can't enjoy it.

I immediately took this up with the seller who tried to pin the blame on the postal service. I said the postal service could not be to blame as you just can't send an $1800 vernis handbag in an envelope, its ridiculous. She explained she did this to save money which just upset me further, I would happily have paid for the box and had expressed I wanted it sent in it, properly packaged! Frankly the box should have been sent in another padded box to ensure everything was PERFECT! At least, that is what any sensible person handling such a high dollar item (AND charging a handling fee) would do, right?! With all the extra fees I paid $2560!!!!!!! Upon saying this to her she claimed I had never asked for this so I went through my text messages to confirm that 100% I did and guess what? In my frustration I accidentally deleted the whole damn message string :amazed: Unbelievable!

I'm rambling because I needed to get that off my chest, sorry! So, bottom line is, will the handle print eventually come out of the bag in time? Its not a scuff but rather a compression mark in the vernis. As for the lock, well that is another story. Perhaps LV can fix or replace it for me? What a big, fat expensive disaster. There is nothing sadder than giving yourself a treat this big just for it to turn out to be a heartache and stress. What would you guys do in my shoes?
WHY do people cheap out on shipping?! I paid for a speedy and when it arrived I was like how on earth will it fix in the box, it won't even fit folded. The seller literally shoved the bag in the box! :faint: It was completely wrinkled. I ended up getting a refund because on top of that it was filthy.

I'm sorry you're having this experience. I can't believe someone who was also receiving an extra fee would ship your item like that. Others suggested doing an exchange, but I thought the reason you did this in the first place was because it wasn't available where you live? So you'd have to ship it back and ask the seller to do the exchange? I don't know of any solutions other than asking for a partial refund for the damage?

oh my, unbelievable!! I wouldn't even send an LV iphone case in an unprotected envelopes! You've got to be kidding!!! I'm so sorry and I hope the seller realizes her mistake. I think it should be obvious not to do that, regardless of whether you told her how to ship it in advance, especially for a renown seller. As for the lock, that should easily be replaceable. GL

Thank you so much everyone. Very much appreciated! This lady sells a great deal of LV and has excellent Ebay feedback so you would presume she wouldn't wish to take any chances and knew it just wasn't worth the risk of skimping on shipping.

That aside, I have both a scratched lock and dented vernis to show for my money and that will no do. Either the lock was sent scratched from LV or the seller took it for a test drive! She was paid a considerable amount of money doing me this "favour" so the least she can do is put it right. The handling fee was not for the bag to be manhandled.

I have asked if she could kindly contact LV and see if there was another Noir Magnetique Alma BB available somewhere in store. It literally JUST sold out on the website so I may be in luck. Such a shame. Sadly the last time I will ever buy from a secondary seller. Now my second bad experience! :sad:

Sorry to hear about your experience! I baby my bags as well so getting something like that would kill me! I wish I could have been more help to you! I always send my bags securely packed. Good luck on getting another one somehow because the imprint doesn't really come off.

These imprints don't come out. I had it happen to a different brand bag. Now I store my vernis pieces with fabric under the handles so I don't have any imprints or color transfer. Sorry this happened to you.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was searching for something else and came across this. Did the imprint come out for you? If it hasn't and you still have the bag, what has worked for me with epi is to totally soak the bag, gently rub the dents from the inside, and stuff it gently with towels to dry. I haven't tried this with vernis, and hopefully you don't need to because everything worked out to your satisfaction. A $700 mark-up and the seller shipping like that is unbelievable. :nogood:

Also, if you try to order a bag through a seller in the US again, they're cheaper in states without an LV store in their state, as there's no sales tax.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was searching for something else and came across this. Did the imprint come out for you? If it hasn't and you still have the bag, what has worked for me with epi is to totally soak the bag, gently rub the dents from the inside, and stuff it gently with towels to dry. I haven't tried this with vernis, and hopefully you don't need to because everything worked out to your satisfaction. A $700 mark-up and the seller shipping like that is unbelievable. :nogood:

Also, if you try to order a bag through a seller in the US again, they're cheaper in states without an LV store in their state, as there's no sales tax.

Great advice, thank you! You know it seems that with time and proper storage these marks ARE lessening. I suppose the leather can revert to its original state (much like when you wake up with pillow marks on your face?!)

I wish I could find a really reliable US reseller who could acquire new purchases from LV. Its rather annoying as there are many items in stock on the US website that aren't on the UK one. However, LV make it impossible to ship overseas or accept overseas payments on their site. You can't even do it via a concierge service such as Borderlinx.

Great advice, thank you! You know it seems that with time and proper storage these marks ARE lessening. I suppose the leather can revert to its original state (much like when you wake up with pillow marks on your face?!)

I wish I could find a really reliable US reseller who could acquire new purchases from LV. Its rather annoying as there are many items in stock on the US website that aren't on the UK one. However, LV make it impossible to ship overseas or accept overseas payments on their site. You can't even do it via a concierge service such as Borderlinx.

Hi there! Sorry to bump again. Funny as I was also looking for something else and saw this thread.

I also had handle marks on my alma bb in griotte on one side. I got it from the lv store at the time it was nearly sold out. It was shipped from another store. When I got home, I was mortified as well. I did not see the marks while inspecting it at the store. Anyway, I simply massaged and put pressure on the dented area from the inside with my finger. It helped a lot so I did it again the next day. It completely went away. I was astonished and impressed. I don't think that would work with other types of leather. I kept it and very happy with it to this day.

When I got my second vernis bag, it had a very tiny dent which looked literally like a dot. I only saw it when I got home looking at it under natural light. I was also able to remove this dot doing the same as above. There are no signs of the dot either. I was very happy. After that, I was a bonified vernis fan. They are actually more durable and resilient than people think. I hope you enjoy yours if you still have it!

Hi there! Sorry to bump again. Funny as I was also looking for something else and saw this thread.

I also had handle marks on my alma bb in griotte on one side. I got it from the lv store at the time it was nearly sold out. It was shipped from another store. When I got home, I was mortified as well. I did not see the marks while inspecting it at the store. Anyway, I simply massaged and put pressure on the dented area from the inside with my finger. It helped a lot so I did it again the next day. It completely went away. I was astonished and impressed. I don't think that would work with other types of leather. I kept it and very happy with it to this day.

When I got my second vernis bag, it had a very tiny dent which looked literally like a dot. I only saw it when I got home looking at it under natural light. I was also able to remove this dot doing the same as above. There are no signs of the dot either. I was very happy. After that, I was a bonified vernis fan. They are actually more durable and resilient than people think. I hope you enjoy yours if you still have it!
Thanks for your input! :smile: YES! The imprints DO come out. Mine are now no longer visible! You are quite right, it is essentially skin so with time and a little "massage" these imprints do lessen at worst and go away at best! :smile:

Chez Viabox ;
- Compte 100% Forever Free pour toujours gratuit,
- AUCUN frais d'inscription,
- PAS de frais de traitement,
- PAS de frais cachés.

Thanks for your input! :smile: YES! The imprints DO come out. Mine are now no longer visible! You are quite right, it is essentially skin so with time and a little "massage" these imprints do lessen at worst and go away at best! :smile:
I just bought a preloved Vernis Alma BB in amarante and noticed these imprints from the handles too. I think the previous owner stored one size compressed as I only have the handle marks on 1 side of the bag

Anyways just wanted to share that I had the exact same issue recently and I feel like below helps it come out

1. Wipe your bag down with dust bag or the cloth ( I didnt' get a cloth)
2. Store with the handles UP
3. Stuff the bag
4. When you store make sure there is room on either side of your bag and there isn't pressure against it
5. I'm also going to try hand carry it more frequently until these marks come out