Is this normal?

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
Hi, I bought this pre loved and just noticed this on the glazing of my belt. Is this normal? This looks like reglazing or touch up glazing (hopefully by LV) and its on 2 areas on my belt (only on one side- other side is perfect). This item was listed as brand new 10/10 on eBay and never worn. (I know I should have authenticated it but I looked at the pics and even asked for more pics of the buckle to look for tell tale signs of it being fake. The belt looks in excellent never worn condition with that fresh leather smell and date code and markings look fine, so I don't think it's fake so I am not asking to authenticate it- not on this thread.. I am just wondering if this is normal on LV belts to have irregularities with the glazing on 2 areas (this is my first LV belt) or if this belt was reglazed at one time (to cover up a potential problem). The glazing in question is glossy compared to regular glazing and is not as smooth. TIA.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 851
Hi, I bought this pre loved and just noticed this on the glazing of my belt. Is this normal? This looks like reglazing or touch up glazing (hopefully by LV) and its on 2 areas on my belt (only on one side- other side is perfect). This item was listed as brand new 10/10 on eBay and never worn. (I know I should have authenticated it but I looked at the pics and even asked for more pics of the buckle to look for tell tale signs of it being fake. The belt looks in excellent never worn condition with that fresh leather smell and date code and markings look fine, so I don't think it's fake so I am not asking to authenticate it- not on this thread.. I am just wondering if this is normal on LV belts to have irregularities with the glazing on 2 areas (this is my first LV belt) or if this belt was reglazed at one time (to cover up a potential problem). The glazing in question is glossy compared to regular glazing and is not as smooth. TIA.

Looks really off to me. You should get it authenticated ASAP.

I have to agree with the other posts above; that glazing is abnormal and the belt should definitely be authenticated by a third party that is recognized by eBay. If deemed to be a counterfeit then you can open a file and work on having your money refunded.

Looks really off to me. You should get it authenticated ASAP.

I sent in a request to have it authenticated tonight as I noticed this seller sells a lot of new LV belts and sold this same exact belt in Oct (same size) and used the same pics as the ones listed in my auction so now I am questioning this purchase. If it's a fake it's a darn good one! Waiting to hear from the authenticators. So stressful.

I sent in a request to have it authenticated tonight as I noticed this seller sells a lot of new LV belts and sold this same exact belt in Oct (same size) and used the same pics as the ones listed in my auction so now I am questioning this purchase. If it's a fake it's a darn good one! Waiting to hear from the authenticators. So stressful.
They're gonna ask for more pics. The pics in the listing aren't good enough for authentication. They're all far away and at an angle. But based on what I saw, it's highly suspect.

Thxs for all your responses... Sigh. I wouldn't buy a handbag on eBay because I am not good enough to spot the fakes, but I thought the belt would be simple enough after researching it and looking at sellers reviews. Those 2 spots of irregular glazing are the only thing that had me questioning it and I never thought to ask for pics of the glazing. I figured what I paid was fair as it is a 2013 belt (although new) so it's not like I got what I paid for (paying cheap and expecting authenticity). Next time I am just going to order online and pay up- the savings is not worth the stress. This is my last luxury eBay purchase... I am not even sure how to go about the refund process if Tpf says it's a fake...

Thxs for all your responses... Sigh. I wouldn't buy a handbag on eBay because I am not good enough to spot the fakes, but I thought the belt would be simple enough after researching it and looking at sellers reviews. Those 2 spots of irregular glazing are the only thing that had me questioning it and I never thought to ask for pics of the glazing. I figured what I paid was fair as it is a 2013 belt (although new) so it's not like I got what I paid for (paying cheap and expecting authenticity). Next time I am just going to order online and pay up- the savings is not worth the stress. This is my last luxury eBay purchase... I am not even sure how to go about the refund process if Tpf says it's a fake...
If the authenticators here come back saying it's fake then you need to go to a third party for an authentication (i.e MyPoupette, CarolDiva, etc.) that will be recognized by eBay and Paypal (if you used them) and open up a claims file. Basically the seller can do it the easy way and refund you without hassle or the 'fun' way which involves eBay/Paypal becoming involved. Most sellers at this point will want to avoid having negative feedback amongst the other cons of putting up a fight and usually just comply.

Here's a link to help you get started with eBay http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com
Authentication sites: http://mypoupette.com
http://www.authenticate4u.com/Home.html
http://*****************.com
http://www.caroldiva.com

Another option is getting in contact with your credit card company, if you used their card to pay, and being reimbursed that way...still make sure to have the belt authorized by a recognized third party as it will act as evidence to support your claim.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Actually belts are much more difficult to authenticate in my opinion. I authenticate my own items and I wouldn't buy a belt pre-LVoed.

Reviews mean nothing, I have seen people leave positive feedback for the most horrid and obvious fakes. You might not need a third party authentication to get a refund. If they deem it fake here, refer the seller to the page and they might refund just based on that. If not, file a SNAD claim and see if they require proof that it's fake. From what I hear, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

thank you guys so much for the excellent advice and suggestions! i haven't heard back yet from the authenticatiors as yet (they must be so busy and I suspect the belt is prob hard to authenticate) but I sent more pics anyhow since the ones on eBay weren't great. I am waiting to hear from Tpf first- in the mean time I emailed ****************** (caroldiva is unavailable till dec1) to ask if they are able to authenticate LV belts and am waiting to hear from them. I haven't made contact with the seller as yet through the resolution Center, do you think I should? I could question the authenticity/defect based on the 2 areas where the glazing is not correct. What do you think? I am trying to do this as painless as possible.

thank you guys so much for the excellent advice and suggestions! i haven't heard back yet from the authenticatiors as yet (they must be so busy and I suspect the belt is prob hard to authenticate) but I sent more pics anyhow since the ones on eBay weren't great. I am waiting to hear from Tpf first- in the mean time I emailed ****************** (caroldiva is unavailable till dec1) to ask if they are able to authenticate LV belts and am waiting to hear from them. I haven't made contact with the seller as yet through the resolution Center, do you think I should? I could question the authenticity/defect based on the 2 areas where the glazing is not correct. What do you think? I am trying to do this as painless as possible.

Wait to hear from TPF first. If they say it's fake, the seller might refund based on that. I wouldn't pay for authenication unless required because you won't get that money back.

I would be suspect about any item from 2013 that was described as new. I hope that this all works out for you.

Thxs. I feel so stupid/naive for trusting this seller/eBay transactions. I should have known better. Why the heck can't people just do the right thing and be upfront... I would never sell nor would I wear fake luxury items. If I can't afford the real thing then I just do without.