Do you consider infinity necklace as "classic" jewelry?

I consider the infinity necklace as a classic piece of jewelry. The symbol infinity started with the Greeks and remember math classes where the concept of infinity is introduced?

However, I can't guarantee that you'll love it in your 20s, 30, 40s, 50s,...etc. Some pieces of jewelry are more limited in terms of what age you wear it and considers it "appropriate". Infinity I think can last forever. Seriously.

However, say with a Tiffany heart necklace, I'd stop wearing it once I reach my 40s. I'd think about giving it to my daughter or my niece. But I haven't decided because I'm still in my 30s.

The piece I consider REAL timeless and something I'll wear for as long as I live is the Tiffany diamond cross necklace (just like the one Elizabeth Hurley wears) because I'm a devout Catholic and God is with me forever.

I consider the infinity necklace as a classic piece of jewelry. The symbol infinity started with the Greeks and remember math classes where the concept of infinity is introduced?

However, I can't guarantee that you'll love it in your 20s, 30, 40s, 50s,...etc. Some pieces of jewelry are more limited in terms of what age you wear it and considers it "appropriate". Infinity I think can last forever. Seriously.

However, say with a Tiffany heart necklace, I'd stop wearing it once I reach my 40s. I'd think about giving it to my daughter or my niece. But I haven't decided because I'm still in my 30s.

The piece I consider REAL timeless and something I'll wear for as long as I live is the Tiffany diamond cross necklace (just like the one Elizabeth Hurley wears) because I'm a devout Catholic and God is with me forever.

Cross would also be a good option. I am also Catholic :smile:

No. For necklace, I can think of solitaire, prong set or bezel dbty as classic.

I am older than you, and I probably would wear it when I was young, but not now.

I already have a DBTY necklace in yellow gold. I am thinking of getting another necklace now in white gold and I want it to be timeless and classic. Do you have any suggestions?

I already have a DBTY necklace in yellow gold. I am thinking of getting another necklace now in white gold and I want it to be timeless and classic. Do you have any suggestions?

I think VCA Vintage Alhambra necklace is timeless. You can get either the 10-motif (16.5 inches) or 20-motif (33 inches), depending on your budget. You can also get one 10 now and another 10 later, so you can wear one alone or connect both to make a long one. The style is casual enough so you can wear it often.

The style is so timeless that you can wear until you die and pass on to your daughters and granddaughters who will most likely appreciate it.

If your budget is limited now, you can save until you have enough to get one.

How large is the Diamond in your dbty? If small, you can consider getting a larger Diamond in prong setting. Prong set will look different than bezel, and the larger size Diamond will help differentiate what you already have. I have one carat size, and can use a second one, 2 carat or larger.

How large is the Diamond in your dbty? If small, you can consider getting a larger Diamond in prong setting. Prong set will look different than bezel, and the larger size Diamond will help differentiate what you already have. I have one carat size, and can use a second one, 2 carat or larger.

VCA is nice! But we do not have it in my country. :sad:

My dBTy in yellow gold is .20carat diamond. Will check a bezel one :smile:

Do you definitely want yellow gold or would you consider white gold? I think that the infinity in white gold would be timeless for most people. I have a friend that has worn a diamond horseshoe everyday for 30+ years. It's not what I would have considered to be timeless/classic but now I want one!

I would think it's classic if you love it. At the same time, I think it's a bit overdone now.

I love curves, so if you love the necklace now, you will probably love it for a long time.

A cross is a lot different. I ended up with a curvy cross since I love curves.

Don't get something just because other people love it. You'll never wear it. Find something that speaks to you and that you feel a relationship with. Then if it's not too intricate, it might be classic for you.

Do you definitely want yellow gold or would you consider white gold? I think that the infinity in white gold would be timeless for most people. I have a friend that has worn a diamond horseshoe everyday for 30+ years. It's not what I would have considered to be timeless/classic but now I want one!

I am looking for a white gold one.

I would think it's classic if you love it. At the same time, I think it's a bit overdone now.

I love curves, so if you love the necklace now, you will probably love it for a long time.

A cross is a lot different. I ended up with a curvy cross since I love curves.

Don't get something just because other people love it. You'll never wear it. Find something that speaks to you and that you feel a relationship with. Then if it's not too intricate, it might be classic for you.

Can you please post a picture of your cross necklace? I would love to see it :smile: