Question on new Brea PM

nerual13

Sep 2, 2014
Hey all, so I'm fully in love with the new Brea PM in Magenta. Can't wait to buy it when I'm on holiday in the UK in December!

On to the question. I saw the bag in my local Boutique while I was buying my Neverfull and noted that oddly, it did not have protective feet on the bottom.

BUT...the description on LouisVuitton.com says (and I quote) :

"- Monogram Vernis leather
- Tone on tone lining
- Double carry with adjustable and removable strap
- Secured zipped closure
- 1 interior double smartphone pocket
- Protective bottom studs
- Golden colour metallic pieces"

Note the second to last line....protective bottom studs! Has anyone seen the bag w/ feet on it? I'm perplexed because I had expected feet on this bag, both myself and my SA were surprised it didn't have them.

If anyone has purchased, do post up!

Hey all, so I'm fully in love with the new Brea PM in Magenta. Can't wait to buy it when I'm on holiday in the UK in December!

On to the question. I saw the bag in my local Boutique while I was buying my Neverfull and noted that oddly, it did not have protective feet on the bottom.

BUT...the description on LouisVuitton.com says (and I quote) :

"- Monogram Vernis leather

- Tone on tone lining

- Double carry with adjustable and removable strap

- Secured zipped closure

- 1 interior double smartphone pocket

- Protective bottom studs

- Golden colour metallic pieces"

Note the second to last line....protective bottom studs! Has anyone seen the bag w/ feet on it? I'm perplexed because I had expected feet on this bag, both myself and my SA were surprised it didn't have them.

If anyone has purchased, do post up!

it does not have feet which is why I don't know whether to get the alma bb instead:ImageUploadedByPurseForum1446792594.770382.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1446792611.407781.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1446792633.353597.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1446792651.026636.jpg

LV is being sloppy with their website again; the original Brea has feet for the MM and GM sizes, but not the PM for whatever reason. The same applies for the all-vernis models as well.

That's what I thought! I knew it didn't have feet. It OUGHT to have feet, considering its Vernis but I knew that it didn't. Damn, I was all excited. Yeah, they do need a new copy editor for their site, so many embarrassing errors.

That lack of feet is the ONLY thing that bothers me about the new Brea PM. I adore the bag 1000% but I'm nervous that the bottom will wear badly. I'm very careful about where I set my bags down though, they land on their dust cover in my front closet when I get home, so that will be fine. I'll just see if I can get a spare dust cover to keep at my office to set it on. That's about 98% of where I'll set it down, so that should work :smile: I have to have this bag!!!!! :biggrin:

That's what I thought! I knew it didn't have feet. It OUGHT to have feet, considering its Vernis but I knew that it didn't. Damn, I was all excited. Yeah, they do need a new copy editor for their site, so many embarrassing errors.

That lack of feet is the ONLY thing that bothers me about the new Brea PM. I adore the bag 1000% but I'm nervous that the bottom will wear badly. I'm very careful about where I set my bags down though, they land on their dust cover in my front closet when I get home, so that will be fine. I'll just see if I can get a spare dust cover to keep at my office to set it on. That's about 98% of where I'll set it down, so that should work :smile: I have to have this bag!!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks for pointing this out. I read the description too and thought it had feet. I agree...vernis in this piece ought to have feet. Do you know if the MM size has them?

My Verona has feet and even though I don't pack my bag so that it is overly heavy parts of the base still touch the floor (or wherever the bag is standing) every time I put it down. The Verona is very structured so this surprised me a bit at first. I am also very careful where I put my bag, it's nearly a year old now and there are no signs of wear whatsoever on the bottom. I do like having the feet, I do think it's better than having none but in my case the feet don't make much difference.

I wouldn't let the lack of feet deter you from getting the bag you love, you will be careful with it and it will be fine, particularly as you put the bag down mostly in the office.

Good luck :smile:

Thanks for pointing this out. I read the description too and thought it had feet. I agree...vernis in this piece ought to have feet. Do you know if the MM size has them?

I have the older version MM size and it has feet. Not sure about the all vernis version

The description also says adjustable strap for the new pm size but does it really have an adjustable strap?? Thanks guys

it's a gorgeous bag, and i have been eyeing the cherry almost daily, but the lack of feet is a dealbreaker for me and it's a bummer the website listed it incorrectly. a luxury bag should always have feet imo and i specifically look for that because i often set the bag down and want some protection from water, or other items on surfaces. i suppose you can always add feet to a bag, but it does diminish the resale if you ever want to let the bag go.

If your store doesn't want to cough up a spare then you can always just fold up the dust bag from home and put it into your bag when you go out the door, that way you will have a soft surface to put the Brea on no matter where you go.