Is this an Ardennes Birkin?

Young1987

O.G.
May 1, 2013
Hi guys. I just bought this preowned Birkin 35 in black, and the seller told me that the leather is Ardennes, but I just want to make certain. The code is a Z in a circle. Can you experts have a look and let me know what you think? Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    988.6 KB · Views: 888
Last edited:
Are you just asking about the leather? Sorry, I can't help with that, but if you need help with an authenticity check, feel free to post in our auth thread.

:flowers:

Yes, I was just wondering if this looks like Ardennes to all of the experts out there. I bought it from a reputable seller, so I wasn't worried about authenticity (I hope!)... 😳

I'd love to hear from people who have Ardennes... Can you guys post pictures?

Thanks!

Hi guys. I just bought this preowned Birkin 35 in black, and the seller told me that the leather is Ardennes, but I just want to make certain. The code is a Z in a circle. Can you experts have a look and let me know what you think? Thanks so much!!

Looks like Ardennes to me but am no expert. Pretty.

Hmm. What do you think about fjord vs Ardennes? I was looking for an Ardennes bag and that's why I bought it, but maybe fjord is even better? I've never seen Ardennes in person.

Which do you guys prefer? Which is more expensive? Thanks!

Hmm. What do you think about fjord vs Ardennes? I was looking for an Ardennes bag and that's why I bought it, but maybe fjord is even better? I've never seen Ardennes in person.

Which do you guys prefer? Which is more expensive? Thanks!
i don't mind either, they are different leathers with pros and cons. both leather are pretty hardy....weight wise fjord is heavier. fjord is softer and fatter. ardenne is sturdy and rigid. fjord takes darker colour better than ardenne. ardenne is discontinued and fjord is pretty much extinct too, but only sometimes i find fjord used.

It's Fjord. If you love the bag, don't worry too much about the leather. It's already shown that it can handle almost two decades of wear. It looks plush and yummy to me. H still uses Fjord so if you ever need repair t might be easier than with an Ardennes bag, too. Congratulations!

Thanks guys. I do love the bag, I just have to get used to the idea because I was specifically looking for an Ardennes bag!!

Do you don't think I should return it and continue the search?

Is one more valuable than the other?

Here are more shots...