NYC diamond district - We got our bands (to go with my antique e-ring)

Bagsbags99

May 11, 2015
So we went NYC and got our bands in the diamond district after seeing lots of pushy sellers and poor offerings and trying on about 100 different designs, we found our rings. (Mike at Kent GIA jewellers highly recommended).

I didn’t know what wedding band to put with my old mine cut e ring. I wanted something in keeping that would work with the setting. We found this platinum and diamond baguette band and Mike suggested he lowered it and it all works perfectly. Very happy.

We also got my FI’s ring at the same place. which sounds silly but we wanted to get them together for sentimental reasons. He was very straightforward and knew he wanted a 5mm platinum comfort fit band. Its heavy and great quality.

We had both rings engraved inside too which Mike did beautifully.

We've had them valued and compared UK prices and we knew we'd done a good deal for cash but turns out we ended up paying half what we could have negotiated in the UK for similar. Delighted!

When I posted my e-ring pic when we got engaged in July, some purseforum ladies asked what band id put with my e-ring so thought I’d post in case anyone wanted to see a bit of sparklies. Also very happy to report favourably on Kent Jewellers.

Attachments

• wedding set 1.jpg
    wedding set 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 455
  • wedding set 2.png
    wedding set 2.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 447
So we went NYC and got our bands in the diamond district after seeing lots of pushy sellers and poor offerings and trying on about 100 different designs, we found our rings. (Mike at Kent GIA jewellers highly recommended).

I didn’t know what wedding band to put with my old mine cut e ring. I wanted something in keeping that would work with the setting. We found this platinum and diamond baguette band and Mike suggested he lowered it and it all works perfectly. Very happy.

We also got my FI’s ring at the same place. which sounds silly but we wanted to get them together for sentimental reasons. He was very straightforward and knew he wanted a 5mm platinum comfort fit band. Its heavy and great quality.

We had both rings engraved inside too which Mike did beautifully.

We've had them valued and compared UK prices and we knew we'd done a good deal for cash but turns out we ended up paying half what we could have negotiated in the UK for similar. Delighted!

When I posted my e-ring pic when we got engaged in July, some purseforum ladies asked what band id put with my e-ring so thought I’d post in case anyone wanted to see a bit of sparklies. Also very happy to report favourably on Kent Jewellers.

Great choice! Your ering and band look stunning together. Thank you for sharing your story and the end result. If it is not too intrusive to ask, what do your engravings say? I am a sucker for love stories. Enjoy your gorgeous rings and do wear them in good health and for many happy years. Cheers.

Inside his ring is says 'stuck on you'. It's a bit funny but Lionel Richie has kinda been a theme from when we first started dating. We saw him in concert too. And this song will be our first dance.

My band is thin but Mike managed it! Inside says 'for....and then the little sideways 'eternity' sign.

Oh that is brilliant news! I didn't see nick I don't think but it seems they are one of the stand out dealers in the district. They couldn't have done a better job. Thanks so much for posting.

And thanks everyone else for your posts too.

Inside his ring is says 'stuck on you'. It's a bit funny but Lionel Richie has kinda been a theme from when we first started dating. We saw him in concert too. And this song will be our first dance.

My band is thin but Mike managed it! Inside says 'for....and then the little sideways 'eternity' sign.
Thx for sharing. Got goosebumps:heart: Super romantic and such deep meaning. Congrats and have a wonderful wedding followed by happy life together!