Dior Spa Services

Aelfaerie

Curated Collection
O.G.
Dec 3, 2009
I haven't seen much discussion about spa services here, and in light of the recent Chanel scandal I wanted to double-check since most my bags are Dior.

Has anyone sent their bags to the spa? How much are services? What services are covered/available? Is there a time limit over which they refuse to send your bag in? What about vintage Dior?

And sort of related, what about Dior shoes? For instance, if the cannage metal pattern at the heel gets dented or the leather/fabric gets ripped, are there any repair services through Dior?

Also, feel free to post additional info about any spa/repair services on the other Dior items (e.g. RTW, watches, jewelry).

As far as I know cleaning and grooming of the lambskin and Diorissimos are free. There will be a charge in replacing hardware,handles,eyelets,charms or the pipings. I had bad experience on fixing the embellishment on my fusion so I won't comment on shoes.

As far as I know cleaning and grooming of the lambskin and Diorissimos are free. There will be a charge in replacing hardware,handles,eyelets,charms or the pipings. I had bad experience on fixing the embellishment on my fusion so I won't comment on shoes.

When cleaning lambskin quilting (or quilting of any kind, really), do they smoosh the square flat?

I haven't seen much discussion about spa services here, and in light of the recent Chanel scandal I wanted to double-check since most my bags are Dior.

Has anyone sent their bags to the spa? How much are services? What services are covered/available? Is there a time limit over which they refuse to send your bag in? What about vintage Dior?

And sort of related, what about Dior shoes? For instance, if the cannage metal pattern at the heel gets dented or the leather/fabric gets ripped, are there any repair services through Dior?

Also, feel free to post additional info about any spa/repair services on the other Dior items (e.g. RTW, watches, jewelry).

I actually just called my local Dior (in SF) to check on what cleaning services they offered, and they said that they no longer offer any cleaning services because they had found that the chemicals would effect the leather negatively, and clients were unhappy with the service. They still offer repair, but there's a charge depending on the type of repair.

I actually just called my local Dior (in SF) to check on what cleaning services they offered, and they said that they no longer offer any cleaning services because they had found that the chemicals would effect the leather negatively, and clients were unhappy with the service. They still offer repair, but there's a charge depending on the type of repair.

Oh thats sad.

Some of the cleaning solutions that are used can darken the bag. I can totally understand why they don't offer to clean.

They do offer to redye, though, which can restore the leather to a like-new condition.

I was told by my SA that they do offer repairs and cleaning services for bags purchased within 5 years. They bring them into New York and takes approx 6-8 weeks to complete.

One SA in Germany told me that they offer cleaning services for bags purchased only within 2 years! But sometimes they make a exception, depending on the bags condition.

Just to give update, I went in this weekend and asked about the services. In the States, manufacturing defects are covered under warranty for one year from date of purchase. After one year (or under one year for any other fix), there will be small charges depending on the specific repair. The most expensive, I was told, is redying a bag which will run around $165 (which is still surprisingly reasonable, especially if we're talking vintage lambskin). For discontinued past colors and charms, they will still provide the repair services, except it might take longer since the ateliers in Paris would have to remake the specific charm or dye.

Bottom line is, Dior will take in anything for repairs; it doesn't matter how long ago you bought it, or if you have proof of purchase, or if it's been worked on by third party craftsmen. As long as it's Dior!

Just to give update, I went in this weekend and asked about the services. In the States, manufacturing defects are covered under warranty for one year from date of purchase. After one year (or under one year for any other fix), there will be small charges depending on the specific repair. The most expensive, I was told, is redying a bag which will run around $165 (which is still surprisingly reasonable, especially if we're talking vintage lambskin). For discontinued past colors and charms, they will still provide the repair services, except it might take longer since the ateliers in Paris would have to remake the specific charm or dye.

Bottom line is, Dior will take in anything for repairs; it doesn't matter how long ago you bought it, or if you have proof of purchase, or if it's been worked on by third party craftsmen. As long as it's Dior!

thanks for sharing. i only buy pre-loved so the chanel news has dampened my interest in collecting more chanel bags. i hope this is accurate for dior, especially not needing proof of purchase, since most pre-loved bags don't have any.

Thank you very much for your detailed information. I could send my orange Diorissimo for redying as I do see the color become faded.

thanks for sharing. i only buy pre-loved so the chanel news has dampened my interest in collecting more chanel bags. i hope this is accurate for dior, especially not needing proof of purchase, since most pre-loved bags don't have any.

If you have any specific questions about repairing your Dior items, message me and I can pass along my SA's contact info.

I took a pair of orangey-red Dior lambskin heels into my local store last year and asked if they could touch up the colour at the toe end of the shoes, as the area was showing some signs of wear.

They took the shoes and sent photos to Paris, but in the end they couldn't do anything for me :nogood: I purchased the shoes in 2008 and apparently they no longer had access to the colour/dye they used. They are still in really good condition, so it didn't bother me too much, as I only really wanted to get it done to maintain the shoes because I love them so much. If they needed drastic repair I would need to take them to a local shoe/ leather repairer