What Can I do about this?

iamsecksi

O.G.
Jul 16, 2008
hi ladies,

I need your opinions. Recently I purchased some chanel accessories on etsy. The lady is very sweet and even offered me free shipping as it was shipping internationally. My order was over $1000 AUD (a little over $700 usd). Anyways, the package tracking shows delivered/left in mailbox in the correct zipcode but i never actually got the package, in fact, we do not even have a mailbox here. She did not put any signature or insurance on it. It has been well over 4 days... I'm hoping a neighbor will show up with the package and USPS to call me back if they have an idea where they actually delivered it..but nothing still.

What options do I have?
I spoke with the seller and she said it's out of her control once it leaves the country.

I do not want to be out $700 and get nothing in return... but at the same time, i feel bad asking the sweet lady to refund me as she DID do her job of shipping it and she even gave me free shipping!

Contact your post office first thing in the morning. They can contact your carrier to see where he left it.

Yes, Ive done this already...on the first day I found out it was missing. An employee took my number down and said they will call me once they speak with the mailman (she shipped it first class). I'm so worry that they will just tell me it's delivered to my address. In the event that I can't get Back my package, what can I do ?

Yes, Ive done this already...on the first day I found out it was missing. An employee took my number down and said they will call me once they speak with the mailman (she shipped it first class). I'm so worry that they will just tell me it's delivered to my address. In the event that I can't get Back my package, what can I do ?

If it were me, for that amout of money, I would be at the post office, in person, when they open.
They can see things on tracking that we cannot so perhaps have them check to see the address was correct.
If you get no info there- I would meet my carrier at the point of delivery of my mail for the day. Either the mailbox or where ever they leave your mail. Ask them- it hasn't been that long, they should recall where they placed/delivered it.
Ask if they have a "lost package" claim dept. or what department handles lost items such as this.

In the meantime check with all of your close neighbors & see if it was delivered to them by mistake (always give them a way out so they don't have to admit any wrongdoing) "Did our carrier accidentally deliver my package to you?" vs "Do you have my package?"
Ask them if they saw a package that day, if they're close enough to have seen anything.

Do you have homeowners insurance? It's possible to file with that depending on your policy.
I don't think you can go back on the seller- they have proof of delivery so I don't see any way to claim against them.

Sorry.. What a mess. :sad:

If it were me, for that amout of money, I would be at the post office, in person, when they open.
They can see things on tracking that we cannot so perhaps have them check to see the address was correct.
If you get no info there- I would meet my carrier at the point of delivery of my mail for the day. Either the mailbox or where ever they leave your mail. Ask them- it hasn't been that long, they should recall where they placed/delivered it.
Ask if they have a "lost package" claim dept. or what department handles lost items such as this.

In the meantime check with all of your close neighbors & see if it was delivered to them by mistake (always give them a way out so they don't have to admit any wrongdoing) "Did our carrier accidentally deliver my package to you?" vs "Do you have my package?"
Ask them if they saw a package that day, if they're close enough to have seen
anything.

Do you have homeowners insurance? It's possible to file with that depending on your policy.
I don't think you can go back on the seller- they have proof of delivery so I don't see any way to claim against them.

Sorry.. What a mess. :sad:

thanks for the reply. Whats odd is that that same day, I had mail delivered to me too, I just didn't get that specific package.
I will stalk the mailman tomorrow and see what I can get out of him. The postal office has always been less than accommodating. I think I have a better chance waiting for my mailman and asking him personally, myself.

and I thought it was seller's responsibility to put signature confirmation or something if its over a certain amount?

hi ladies,

I need your opinions. Recently I purchased some chanel accessories on etsy. The lady is very sweet and even offered me free shipping as it was shipping internationally. My order was over $1000 AUD (a little over $700 usd). Anyways, the package tracking shows delivered/left in mailbox in the correct zipcode but i never actually got the package, in fact, we do not even have a mailbox here. She did not put any signature or insurance on it. It has been well over 4 days... I'm hoping a neighbor will show up with the package and USPS to call me back if they have an idea where they actually delivered it..but nothing still.

What options do I have?
I spoke with the seller and she said it's out of her control once it leaves the country.

I do not want to be out $700 and get nothing in return... but at the same time, i feel bad asking the sweet lady to refund me as she DID do her job of shipping it and she even gave me free shipping!
Did you pay with Paypal? I think sellers have to ship priority international to get seller protection.

Did you pay with Paypal? I think sellers have to ship priority international to get seller protection.

Yes, I paid with paypal. I am not sure if that's true but I think she was supposed to at least add a signature confirmation. I did not contact paypal as of yet though, I hope we can somehow resolve this but I don't think she feels like she is responsible.

Yes, I paid with paypal. I am not sure if that's true but I think she was supposed to at least add a signature confirmation. I did not contact paypal as of yet though, I hope we can somehow resolve this but I don't think she feels like she is responsible.
I think the limit at which signature is required is still $750, so it sounds like she is below that.

Etsy doesn't have the same requirements. If you had done direct checkout, Etsy doesn't require signatures nor priority international.

It is unfortunate but you shouldn't be out your money just because your seller is nice. She also needs to be responsible.

Our Australia post is quite bad in regards to tracking. We can't even track registered parcels or USPS Priority mail on our system (I always have to check the USPS website instead).

For a $1000 AUD purchase, if i was the seller, i would have sent it with at least registered mail, and not regular air mail (USPS First class). The seller could lodge a missing item enquiry with Australia post, but from first hand experience, they are really slow to follow up (or just quote the status of what is shown on USPS website - which would say it has been delivered) and close the case, without and further correspondence. There is no insurance on a regular parcel (unless she paid extra), so to be honest, on the Australian side of things, there is little that the seller can do if she did not purchase any extra services (although i still think she needs to be partially responsible or could do some chasing up on her end)

I would be stalking your mailman, as you said, or keep contacting the post office and see who did delivery the package (if it wasn't your regular mailman) or go over to your neighbours and see if they received your package by mistake.

Hope you can resolve this soon