Authenticate This DIOR

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

NOTE: The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Dear fellow Dior enthusiasts,

It is always our pleasure to help with your authentication requests; however, there have been various cases where such requests are not accompanied by basic requisite information. To that end, nataliam1976, LaMissy and I have agreed on the following guidelines and tips to streamline the authentication process.

Authentication guidelines/tips

1. All eBay authentication requests should be posted in this format:

Item name:
Item number:
Seller ID:
Direct URL link:

This format is adopted from the Hermès authentication thread. It is the most efficient way of making a request because:

(a) the item name immediately alerts the one of us with the most expertise to attend to that particular type of item,
(b) the inclusion of the item number facilitates a search of the thread for previous instances where it may already have been authenticated, and
(c) the seller ID is useful where we know of reputable resellers on eBay that sell only authentic items.

All authentication requests for other online resellers should be posted in this format:

Item name:
Online reseller name:
Direct URL link:

All authentication requests must be formatted in one of the above ways otherwise they may not be entertained.

2. Authentication can only happen when there are plenty of clear, closeup photos of the item, the more the better.

In particular, items cannot be authenticated without clear, closeup photos of both sides of the inside leather tag for bags or, in the case of wallets and other small leather goods, the 'Christian Dior Paris' stamp on the inside as well as the production sequence stamp found behind one of the bill compartments or card slots.

In addition, photos of any relevant hardware should also be provided, the more the better. In the case of Gauchos, clear closeups of both sides of the coin medallion lying flat (not at an angle), the key and the buckles are needed. For Saddles, a straight-on frontal shot of the entire bag (not at an angle), clear closeups of both sides of the 'CD' links on the strap, and the dangling 'D' charm on the flap.

Sunglasses cannot be authenticated without clear closeups of the insides of both of the arms.

All photos should be taken in plenty of natural lighting (sunlight) without flash. Clear closeups may be obtained by using the macro mode (the icon of a flower) on a digital camera. Photos should not be resized below 800x600 resolution.

Authentication requests which comply with the formatting requirement in part 1 but which otherwise fail to include these photo requirements may not be entertained.

3. In most cases, unless there are dead giveaways and obvious red flags, jewellery cannot be authenticated, even with plenty of photos. This is to do with the nature of Dior jewellery. Please therefore understand that we may not be able to help you with a jewellery authentication request.

4. Patience is a virtue. Do not re-post your request repeatedly just because another person's request has been attended to before yours. This may be because at the time there was no one with the requisite expertise to authenticate your item; this does not mean you are being ignored.

5. Courtesy is also a virtue. Please and thank-you are basic manners and good forum etiquette.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

Last edited:
hi average, addy

please help me authenticate this dior, the only concern i have is that the dust bag feels kinda cheap... Let me know what you think.

Item: Lady dior pink patent
item number:
Seller id: Rebecca
direct url link: http://www.vestiairecollective.com/...-leather-handbag-lady-dior-dior-1703232.shtml

pictures:

View attachment 3163090View attachment 3163091View attachment 3163092View attachment 3163093View attachment 3163094View attachment 3163095View attachment 3163096View attachment 3163097View attachment 3163098View attachment 3163099

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1445366523.248680.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1445366533.049422.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1445366543.089615.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1445366554.276043.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1445366563.416413.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1445366573.143484.jpg

Reactions: polkadots

Hi average, addy

Please help me authenticate this dior, the only concern I have is that the dust bag feels kinda cheap... Let me know what you think.

Item: lady dior pink patent
Item number:
Seller ID: Rebecca
Direct URL link: http://www.vestiairecollective.com/...-leather-handbag-lady-dior-dior-1703232.shtml

Pictures:

View attachment 3163090View attachment 3163091View attachment 3163092View attachment 3163093View attachment 3163094View attachment 3163095View attachment 3163096View attachment 3163097View attachment 3163098View attachment 3163099

This website has sold fake Lady Dior bags before, along with authentic ones.

This particular Lady Dior's authenticity card lists something that is inconsistent with the bag, and that is a cause for concern. This doesn't mean the bag is fake, as the details look fine to me. However, the new Lady Dior fakes are so close to the real thing that they are hard to distinguish from the real deal, and any off-putting detail is worth considering.

Hopefully ThisVNChick or another authenticator can take a look.

Hi posted in the last thread but no reply ( might get under looked >< ) sorry for posting again , could you help to have a look at this one? I cant post more than one photos from my phone so I collaged them hopefully it's ok.

The stamp on the card looks very blurring which concerns me .. Hmm

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12,577
This website has sold fake Lady Dior bags before, along with authentic ones.

This particular Lady Dior's authenticity card lists something that is inconsistent with the bag, and that is a cause for concern. This doesn't mean the bag is fake, as the details look fine to me. However, the new Lady Dior fakes are so close to the real thing that they are hard to distinguish from the real deal, and any off-putting detail is worth considering.

Hopefully ThisVNChick or another authenticator can take a look.

Thanks!!! If I purchase an authentication test, would they be able to tell me for sure whether or the bag in question is authentic?

:smile:

Thanks

Reactions: SherwoodMom
Hi posted in the last thread but no reply ( might get under looked >< ) sorry for posting again , could you help to have a look at this one? I cant post more than one photos from my phone so I collaged them hopefully it's ok.

The stamp on the card looks very blurring which concerns me .. Hmm

There aren't enough pictures. Please try to post from a browser so that the pictures can be larger.

Also, as a newer Lady Dior, this one is difficult to authenticate and we won't be able to confirm its authenticity.

Not sure. Bag looks fine but with these super-fakes, I can't give you a definite answer.
Averagejoe, thank you for your fast response. I've asked for a clearer pictures of the sides and the authenticity card, which the seller added to the posting. It appears to have been purchased in 2013 from San Francisco. To me, the stitching on the side appear even. Can you recommend any other pictures or questions I should ask?

Thank you for all your help,

-Yune

Reactions: janetpurse
Averagejoe, thank you for your fast response. I've asked for a clearer pictures of the sides and the authenticity card, which the seller added to the posting. It appears to have been purchased in 2013 from San Francisco. To me, the stitching on the side appear even. Can you recommend any other pictures or questions I should ask?

Thank you for all your help,

-Yune

No the pictures and details are sufficient. I wish that the fakes were easier to distinguish from the real Lady Diors, but Dior's rise in popularity has led to a dramatic increase in accuracy of Dior fakes. They are now on the same level as Chanel fakes which a lot of authenticators on this forum refuse to authenticate.