Is it a 2.55 or classic flap?

chanelfans

Apr 27, 2007
I received a Pre-Fall handbag picture from my SA today, I am not sure if this is a 2.55 with classic chain or it is a classic flap with mademoiselle closure? Will u consider this bag?

IMG_0194.jpg

It looks like the classic lambskin with mademoiselle lock and interwoven chain. I'm pretty sure ALL reissues, including the 2007 pre-fall ones, have the new chain.

Can we say all 2.55 reissues must have new chain, not the interwoven chain?

Is the new classic flap with mademoiselle lock now? I saw another picture with new chain also, but different from 2.55 chain though... make me confused with all the new styles!

I'm afraid we are always confusing ourselves with terms like "2.55" "classic flap bag" and "reissue".

Many of the Chanel associates refer to the "timeless classic flap bag" also as the "2.55". So I try not to use 2.55 to describe any of the flap bags because it is just too confusing. It's either a "timeless classic flap" with a variation on the chain or closure, or it's a "reissue" and is so because it is identical in closure and chain and design to the original 2.55 that Coco released in February 1955.

The bag you have pictured above is the "timeless classic flap bag" with mademoiselle closure.

omg i love your bag, this is theee bag i was looking for!! but then i got the classic flap with the cc clasp.
when and where did you get it? it is gorgeous
did it come in any other colours?

I did not buy this classic flap with mademoiselle closure, only my SA sent me the picture of what is the new items at his store now. I think u can find this bag in many of the stores now. Try to check out Saks!

omg i love your bag, this is theee bag i was looking for!! but then i got the classic flap with the cc clasp.
when and where did you get it? it is gorgeous
did it come in any other colours?

^^ that's a gorgeous CROC reissue in the 226 that Chanel launched I think in F/W 2005 it runs about $15,000-$20,000... major hottie bag! it's on my list of bags I'll never get...