Coach purple iris or violet?

Okay ... What's the deal with these two colors and is one more popular than the other? It seems violet is "hard to find" and purple iris is "hot Hot HOT" and sold out.

Does one color speak to you more than the other?

Is purple iris "younger" based, while violet more for older ladies?

Would you buy a bag for the color?

Okay ... What's the deal with these two colors and is one more popular than the other? It seems violet is "hard to find" and purple iris is "hot Hot HOT" and sold out.

Does one color speak to you more than the other?

Is purple iris "younger" based, while violet more for older ladies?

Would you buy a bag for the color?
I loved colored bags. I am buying a violet tote next week!

I don't have any pieces in violet, so here's a couple of stock pics side by side. Purple iris on the left, violet on the right.

ETA: I don't find purple iris to be a statement piece; it fits into my wardrobe perfectly. I like the bluer shade. My Siberian irises don't make this color look unnatural at all. Violet is too grapey for me, and all of the pieces I've been able to see first hand (i.e., not many) look flat and dull to me. There's as many shades of purple as there are opinions. Find the one that works for you, and go for it. :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
The Violet color in the 2012 Legacy bags is super rare. They brought back a color called Violet in some other bags this year so it depends on which items you're referring to. They've also done colors called Ultraviolet and Black Violet. Also, Purple Iris has been done at least twice - last year with some retail bags and again this year in a MFF line. So the popularity of the item and color will depend on which version you're looking for.

Since I haven't seen either in person, I can only comment on the examples that ChevaliereNoir provided. I prefer the Puple iris, violet in this case seems a little flat. Mind you, this is when they are compared side-by-side.

I am probably considered one of the "older ladies" so if I'm the target for the violet, it didn't work for me. :P

And yes, I quite often buy a bag for the color. I wear a lot of black, grey and navy, so I often gravitate to bags that give a good contrast to those colors.

lol. I remember because everytime you post a pic of it I think how much I love it. :smile:

Aw, thank you! :blush:
This was definitely one of (if not the) best choices I'v made on FOS.
Madison gathered leather in purple iris with equestrian-themed gunmetal hardware? Did I get to design my own bag and somehow forgot about it? :lol: