Tip for buyers/sellers - Ebay CS so messed up!

WishingonaCoach

Sofa King Banned
Jan 9, 2015
I come with a recommendation for buyers and sellers on Ebay, when a case is open for return or refund, make screen captures of each step that shows on "view details", when the case close they go away and if against you, it could be helpful to prove the facts.

If you care to read my experience that led me to this....

Sold a brand new with tags Coach purse, listing had measurements, I accept returns but item has to be sent back the same way (Ebay policy on returns). Buyer gets purse and says is too small, wants to return it. I accept the return and at the same time send message reminding buyer not to cut the tags. No reply.... Ebay case details say to refund (only item price as it was buyer's remorse), within 6 days after getting item back, no tracking number uploaded, so I wait.

I receive item a week later and yes of course! tags where cut. Not knowing how to proceed I call Ebay CS, they tell me to work out a partial refund, if buyer refuses then to ask Ebay to step in. I contact buyer that accuses me to use this "little thing" as excuse not to refund, that I could attach the tags again myself (how...?), I send her (all this as polite as you can be) the link to Ebay policy on returns, to show it was not my excuse to deny refund, she insisted in full refund. Next message I get is Buyer opened case against me. What?

On the return request page everything is gone, showing only case under review, I called Ebay back they tell me yes, she did and already (in 40 mns) case was closed on her favor and she got FULL refund, she had escalated/opened a SNAD case. What?

Rep transfer me to appeals, this Rep takes the time to read the messages and of course she agrees with me. My partial refund offer was based on what now I could expect to get, based on other listings of my item that now is no longer NWT. She said it was very fair and that's all she should get, I got refunded back the difference, although I have the feeling Ebay let her keep all the money.

So how a SNAD case could be used for this? How if I had 6 days to issue refund, case was closed in a matter of minutes? Did they bother to read anything going on before closing case in her favor? And of course buyer is a total LIAR, I never refused to issue refund, item NAD brand new and with measurements listed? I could not even have a word about it! And yes.. I called CS back to know how this is possible, (just curious) and the response I got is that you can escalate any time, and I guess reasons (or lies) don't matter.

That's why I suggest to keep everything.

your case was likely decided by a bot - not a real person.

i wonder if your buyer is a blogger that wanted to cut your tags and use your purse for a week, photograph it for her blog and then return it to you.

Buyer gets purse and says is too small, wants to return it. I accept the return and at the same time send message reminding buyer not to cut the tags. No reply....

*snip*

I receive item a week later and yes of course! tags where cut. Not knowing how to proceed I contact buyer that accuses me to use this "little thing" as excuse not to refund, that I could attach the tags again myself (how...?),

*snip*

Next message I get is Buyer opened case against me. What?

she had escalated/opened a SNAD case. What?

*snip*

And of course buyer is a total LIAR, I never refused to issue refund, item NAD brand new and with measurements listed?

PLEASE PLEASE post this buyer's ID for BBL purposes!