Menilmontant PM - replacement strap...sort of...question

kosolas

Jul 1, 2013
Hi All, I received a Menilmontant PM for my birthday, back in August. I love her but she is just not long enough for my 'long torso' frame. I'm 5'7" but longer in the trunk than anything else. So the bag hits me high hip and I hate that. Rather than sell the bag, I'm wondering if there is a long strap I can attach instead, that would work? Anybody know which one would work or have a recommendation on one to try with the bag that could bring it down about 3" or so.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have!:smile:

Honestly I don't think there is a strap right now wide enough for the Menilmontant. Not mention because the strap is not removable I don't see how adding another strap would work without it looking tacky. And I definitely would not alter the bag by removing the current strap as selling would be out of the question if you wanted to do so down the line.

Have you considered taking it to either LV or a leather craftsman and having additional holes punched into the existing strap? It would do the trick if all you are after is an additional 2-3".

Have you considered taking it to either LV or a leather craftsman and having additional holes punched into the existing strap? It would do the trick if all you are after is an additional 2-3".

Thank you so much! Never occurred to me I could do this! It may actually help me....I'm going to check into it, thank you so much!