Gucci Authenticity Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going through the thread and I came across this. I decided to have a look at my Abbey Shoulder Bag to look at the font. I bought this bag from the Melbourne Gucci boutique and as you can see from the photos, there is no curiviness in the "2" 's. There is in the "3" 's though. I bought this from the Gucci boutique and paid full price for it so I know it is authentic. If I hadn't I would be crying right now going by the posts.

Conclusion: The "2" 's aren't always curvy.

Wow - that's crazy! Thanks for sharing. Now all I'm sure of is the presence of a Black Gucci Card means fake. People to need to really research the item, the price, the seller. I thought it was hard already telling the fake from the real and this makes it even more tougher.

It is so hard to authenticate Gucci. Esp the canvas. I haven't gotten burnt before and I am intending on keeping it that way by only buying from the boutique or authorised dealer, or if I am broke, not buying any at all!

I've been a "small time" collector of Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Prada for years but my collection is quite small given my financial constraints. A few weeks ago I decided (against my better judgement and loyalty to authentic purses)to purchase a black canvas Gucci Belt Bag from a seller on ebay. Before making the purchase, I thoroughly read the guarantee of authenticity (which gave me a false sense of hope that this item would be authentic) as well as the return policy.

I received the bag yesterday and upon opening it I was able to immediately recognize it as a fake (although a pretty good one). I pulled up the same item on Gucci's website and visually dissected every detail I could. Although the bag in my hand looked just like the pic on Gucci's website, I could tell that something wasn't right. One thing that looked ever suspicious to me was that the zipper on the back of the bag had Gucci stamped into it. I know some authentic Gucci bags do have this type of zipper but it did not sit well with me. I immediately sent an email to the ebay seller notifying her that I would be sending the bag back, she has agreed to accept the bag and refund my money.

Today I went to the Gucci boutique in Nordstrom and I found the same exact bag as my little fake one. I purchased the bag and I'm going to take it home and compare it to my fake. I can tell you this right now. My fake came with a the controlatto card that reads "1234567890", my new authentic bag also came with a the controlatto card reads "1234567890". So what is the purpose of the controlatto card anyway? Also, what is the purpose of putting serial numbers on your products if you will not authenticate the products? What are the serial numbers and the controlatto cards for?
I must add to this by saying I just bought a brand new Gucci leather Pelham $2000.00 bag at a Gucci boutique here in Coral Gables, Florida - The bag was wrapped for me beautifully with the tissue paper, box, shopping bag and of course included a thick brown dustcover - I don't remember seeing any card whatsoever with this purchase.

im new to the forum also...really want a large horsebit hobo...im coming to the quick realization that most internet sites are fake...the better the deal the more likely fake...and so on...
although all the authenticity guarantees are making it quite tempting!
does anyone have info on www.vogueland.com??
are those authentic? it says they only buy from "reputable resellers..." hmmmm

THANKS!

vernalia82-img600x450-154981hobobrownbag02.jpg

Hi,
Got these pictures off the auctions, and would like to know if they are really authentic... The prices are slashed more than half as compared to stores. But seller is willing to meet up.

Any experts here know if the "linking" of the cloth is correct? And how abt the stitching?

Thanks a great deal!:yes:
vernalia82-img600x450-drwallets01.jpg
vernalia82-img600x450-drwallets02.jpg

Hi!

Apart from My Poupette, where can i get a written claim for a fake Gucci bag?

I just got my the bagI purchased from EBAY. It came with the Plastic, Business Card sized Gucci Controllato card which is a big red flag for a fake. Plus, I compared it wih the real thing.

I so want to get my money back...

Hi!

Apart from My Poupette, where can i get a written claim for a fake Gucci bag?

I just got my the bagI purchased from EBAY. It came with the Plastic, Business Card sized Gucci Controllato card which is a big red flag for a fake. Plus, I compared it wih the real thing.

I so want to get my money back...

I'm afraid my poupette is the only place that ebay/Paypal will accept written approval from. File a Paypal claim now, do not wait for the written letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.