whats your "repair" experience been like?

Jan 13, 2015
I had to send my younger daughters swingpack in for repair.. we got it back.. un repaired. After about a 4wk turnaround...

We got a coupon but it's only for 40% off at the boutique, so i guess the other 60% is our problem... the coupon doesn't even say outside the US(which we are lol)

I will have to call to inquire on the lack of being able to use it in our country, hopefully this is an oversight. Not to sure how i feel, i mean... the purse WAS/IS under warranty.

I guess i feel disappointed. This is my first time ever dealing with a warranty issue.

What was wrong with it that makes it unrepairable? Maybe they failed to notice it was under warranty?

I've received a 40% coupon before for an unrepairable item. It didn't have an expiration date so I held onto it until there was something pricey that I REALLY wanted. I eventually used it on one of the numbered Snoopy Surrey Satchels. :cool:

You should be able to use it out of the US. Since it's good at Coach, any Coach store should honor it.

What was wrong with it that makes it unrepairable? Maybe they failed to notice it was under warranty?

I've received a 40% coupon before for an unrepairable item. It didn't have an expiration date so I held onto it until there was something pricey that I REALLY wanted. I eventually used it on one of the numbered Snoopy Surrey Satchels. :cool:

You should be able to use it out of the US. Since it's good at Coach, any Coach store should honor it.

Stitching on the handle... it was all unraveling... because it's my daughters i'll have to see what can be sorted, she really likes her bag and is not purse crazy, she doesn't get why you'd want more than one... lol

Thanks for the info!

I had one item returned unrepaired, no coupon, no explanation. It was a broken zipper on an older bag but that was before there was a time limit.

I had one repaired halfway. There was a leather loop to hang the hangtags from. It had come unattached on one side. Instead of repairing it, they cut it off. The rest of the repair was putting a button back on; they did that right.

I had another they did perfectly. It needed restitching and a replacement turnlock. They did both.

I've never gotten a coupon. I think it is easier for them to give the coupon. If they don't have the matching thread, they won't resew an item.

Stitching on the handle... it was all unraveling... because it's my daughters i'll have to see what can be sorted, she really likes her bag and is not purse crazy, she doesn't get why you'd want more than one... lol

Thanks for the info!

I can't imagine why they wouldn't be able to re-stitch that. It sounds like someone overlooked the fact it's under warranty. If it truly is "unrepairable" by Coach, I'll bet any local cobbler could fix it up for not much money, though that does make it seem like Coach's warranty isn't worth much.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't be able to re-stitch that. It sounds like someone overlooked the fact it's under warranty. If it truly is "unrepairable" by Coach, I'll bet any local cobbler could fix it up for not much money, though that does make it seem like Coach's warranty isn't worth much.

That is what my daughter keeps saying, what kind of repair center is this? lol I will inquire on repairs with a cobbler..
Your last statement is what echos with me, i really expected more.. clearly i was over reaching.

I had one item returned unrepaired, no coupon, no explanation. It was a broken zipper on an older bag but that was before there was a time limit.

I had one repaired halfway. There was a leather loop to hang the hangtags from. It had come unattached on one side. Instead of repairing it, they cut it off. The rest of the repair was putting a button back on; they did that right.

I had another they did perfectly. It needed restitching and a replacement turnlock. They did both.

I've never gotten a coupon. I think it is easier for them to give the coupon. If they don't have the matching thread, they won't resew an item.

Thanks for sharing how it's been for you. Seems they are very hit n miss. I am enlightened on their so called warranty now, it is leaving me a bit sour if i am to be honest.

They always say to me any problems, Coach has a 1yo warranty, you just come right in with the problem/item.

I agree that a cobbler could probably fix it and you would still have your 40% off. Not Ideal for sure. I had a very expensive, beautiful blue-green leather turn yellow and it looked like a cat had peed on it. I was really disappointed that it couldn't be replaced r repaired, but the replacement I was able to get with the 40% off was really worth it.

Also, I had a Burberry that actually had a tear in the leather handle. I was never offered 40% off for another bag, so I considered coach's response at the time to be generous.

I just started a new thread. . A piece of my taxi tote front strap peeled off. I have only had it for since the end of May. I think they should honor their bags...

I had a very expensive, beautiful blue-green leather turn yellow and it looked like a cat had peed on it. I was really disappointed that it couldn't be replaced r repaired, but the replacement I was able to get with the 40% off was really worth it.

I can imagine the shade of blue you mean. I've had a pair of boots and a pair of shoes that started off this gorgeous pale turquoise-ish color and it yellowed to the ugliest pee color I've ever seen! Those went in a yard sale (presumably bought by someone color-blind, or in need of a sacrifice for a craft project). I also recently rescued my Koolaburra boots that were beginning to do the same. Since they're sheepskin, I got some suede dye in light blue and am keeping that yellowing at bay for a while longer.

I love that color but think there's something unstable when it's used on leather goods.

I agree that a cobbler could probably fix it and you would still have your 40% off. Not Ideal for sure. I had a very expensive, beautiful blue-green leather turn yellow and it looked like a cat had peed on it. I was really disappointed that it couldn't be replaced r repaired, but the replacement I was able to get with the 40% off was really worth it.

Also, I had a Burberry that actually had a tear in the leather handle. I was never offered 40% off for another bag, so I considered coach's response at the time to be generous.

That is too bad, i guess for myself to compare i had a fossil tote(in leather) with edgepaint that peeled it was within their warranty period and they simply exchanged it for me.. with apologies and no trouble at all.

This is the first time i have dealt with Coach & their 'repair' department, i know my daughter is not impressed at all and as someone who is a new customer to them i cannot blame her.

Admit it does cause me pause for future purchases.. and i've been a fan for several years now.

I just started a new thread. . A piece of my taxi tote front strap peeled off. I have only had it for since the end of May. I think they should honor their bags...

Yes, i saw and replied. Hopefully, you will have a decent outcome with yours. I don't disagree at all they should stand behind their products, part of the reason i buy and recommend them is quality, design/style and what i thought was (and have been told by SA) a product they stood behind.

Thanks for the info!
Not to play devils advocate but they have repair guidelines, which are not available to the public, and when the handles unravel and the binding comes off and everything starts to come out, they consider that beyond repair. You said it's still under warranty? when did you buy it? Usually if it hasn't been that long you can bring it into the store and they will give you a new one.

Not to play devils advocate but they have repair guidelines, which are not available to the public, and when the handles unravel and the binding comes off and everything starts to come out, they consider that beyond repair. You said it's still under warranty? when did you buy it? Usually if it hasn't been that long you can bring it into the store and they will give you a new one.

yes, it is still under warranty, i provided my receipt to prove this, it was stated it would be sent in for repair and a form filled out.

I realize they will have their own methods of evaluation for how they deem repairs, but basing on many posts here sounds like they don't repair much, maybe at one time they did not so much anymore.

It's been a learning experience, at least i know where i stand with the brand and will take this under consideration if i make any further purchases by them.

I had a bag where a loop that attached the shoulder strap wasnt sewn I sent it right back and instead of sending a new one they sewed it with a different color thread. I just dealt with that one since it is hidden. And I also sent a back pack back that the snap came off. They sent that one back unrepairable with a 40% coupon. Both were still under warranty. You would think that if it was under warranty they would exchange it if they still had them in stock and couldn't fix it. but I guess warranty is different for each case.