Help!! Dilemma & textile Phantom thoughts

b_lux_fashion

May 5, 2014
Hello all! Sorry for my long story, & please bare with me!!

I was recently at SCP & from a distance saw the f/w15 Blue textile phantom on the shelves in Celine. Blue's my fave color so it stood out, and I died a little inside haha :hbeat: I didn't go into store, but did research after...the bag is $2,100 or $2,200; the handles, wing pulls, & I think base are all leather.

First, what are all of your thoughts on the bag & the textile phantoms in general? Anybody know how they hold up or what they're like? Also do you think that they're worth the money and can be a good piece in collection, or do you think it will just end up being an impulse trendy non staple bag buy?

Second, the dilemma...I'm trying to save up to get a Van Cleef bracelet around Christmas time in NYC (my lovely SA transferred there), and am in process of getting a job now, so will have income soon, but it would still be cutting it close time wise...
Also, after I get these 2 VCA bracelets & Goyard St Louis (which would end up being same price as the phantom) for school bag next year, I wanted to start saving & switching to Hermes for bags (which I'll have to save up for about a year in order to have enough to buy things, plus money to drop for B/K at any time)

Question is, do I just pass on this bag, stay focused on getting my priority items and saving for Hermes; or get the phantom now (even though its a textile & not leather) and hustle to get money for the VCA in time for Christmas?
*The only bags I really use/have for daily casual use are: Chanel black WOC & Black Boy (which is off for repair now), & LV Pochette Metis*

Sorry for my LONG story! I just wanted to give all the facts so you could give true opinions! Thank you in advance lovelies! :heart:

I think this color looks cute, but I still prefer the stripes pattern one or the leather one. $2,200 is really expensive for a textile bag imo...

for your case, i would say save for the H, just put the phantom on your "when I have too much money and don't know how to splurge" wishlist

I am not a fan of the textile Phantoms, I don't think they will hold up as well as their leather counterparts nor are they worth the price imo. Also in the event that you did want to sell it down the line, I am not sure it holds its resale value.

I would keep saving & putting money aside for your priority must have items and use the extra for your Hermes fund :smile:

I love phantom and I still do. but it's more like I love looking at it and appreciating its design... I've impulse-bought it before and realize it's too big and square/wide based for me to use it daily so I've returned it.
make sure you've tried it on at the store if you decide to get it. give yourself more time... get the bracelet and Hermes first ;)

I think this color looks cute, but I still prefer the stripes pattern one or the leather one. $2,200 is really expensive for a textile bag imo...

for your case, i would say save for the H, just put the phantom on your "when I have too much money and don't know how to splurge" wishlist

I agree it looks lovely but I too would not pay this much for a non leather bag.

I am not a fan of the textile Phantoms, I don't think they will hold up as well as their leather counterparts nor are they worth the price imo. Also in the event that you did want to sell it down the line, I am not sure it holds its resale value.

I would keep saving & putting money aside for your priority must have items and use the extra for your Hermes fund :smile:

I love phantom and I still do. but it's more like I love looking at it and appreciating its design... I've impulse-bought it before and realize it's too big and square/wide based for me to use it daily so I've returned it.
make sure you've tried it on at the store if you decide to get it. give yourself more time... get the bracelet and Hermes first ;)

Celine Phantom canvas is very unique and eye catching. Also very light weight compare to other Celine bag.

I'd go for it!!!

Thank you all so much for your opinions! I really appreciate them!
I think it's probably smarter and more financially responsible (especially as I'm only 20) to not get the bag and make myself bite off more than I can chew...

I have to think about long term always and make sure it'll be worth the money spent, so I'm glad I got opinions in that aspect too!

Like the saying "boyfriends/friends come and go, but family is forever", in this instance it might be "bags come and go, but jewelry and hermes items are forever" haha
well...almost ;)

Hello all! Sorry for my long story, & please bare with me!!

I was recently at SCP & from a distance saw the f/w15 Blue textile phantom on the shelves in Celine. Blue's my fave color so it stood out, and I died a little inside haha :hbeat: I didn't go into store, but did research after...the bag is $2,100 or $2,200; the handles, wing pulls, & I think base are all leather.

First, what are all of your thoughts on the bag & the textile phantoms in general? Anybody know how they hold up or what they're like? Also do you think that they're worth the money and can be a good piece in collection, or do you think it will just end up being an impulse trendy non staple bag buy?

Second, the dilemma...I'm trying to save up to get a Van Cleef bracelet around Christmas time in NYC (my lovely SA transferred there), and am in process of getting a job now, so will have income soon, but it would still be cutting it close time wise...
Also, after I get these 2 VCA bracelets & Goyard St Louis (which would end up being same price as the phantom) for school bag next year, I wanted to start saving & switching to Hermes for bags (which I'll have to save up for about a year in order to have enough to buy things, plus money to drop for B/K at any time)

Question is, do I just pass on this bag, stay focused on getting my priority items and saving for Hermes; or get the phantom now (even though its a textile & not leather) and hustle to get money for the VCA in time for Christmas?
*The only bags I really use/have for daily casual use are: Chanel black WOC & Black Boy (which is off for repair now), & LV Pochette Metis*

Sorry for my LONG story! I just wanted to give all the facts so you could give true opinions! Thank you in advance lovelies! :heart:

I really, really love the Celine Phantom bag in all finishes like leather, python, felt and textile. I love the Celine Phantom bag, i think it is such a stylish and edgy bag. If i found a Celine Phantom in a color that i liked, i would buy it in a heartbeat.

However if you have a lot of Van Cleef Bracelet and a Goyard bag by Christmas which is only 2 months away, i would avoid buying the bag. Nothing worse than the feeling of being broke or in debt, especially around Christmas time, because of overindulging. So i saw, be strong and wait for the day you have 'too much money' and run and buy this beautiful Celine Phantom bag. :smile: