princess cut diamond engagement ring

does anyone have one, do you like/love it? can you send a pic and tell me kt wght?

TIA

I love princess cuts. I've had mine for nearly 11 years. Married 10 years shortly. People say Princess cuts are dated but I'm partial to anything square or rectangular shaped including emerald and radiant cuts.

Mine is 1.22, VVS1, F.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443105679.871580.jpg

Mydogtink, that is a gorgeous diamond ring!

Good thing I am not too crazy about princess cut. Other than small size/surface area for their weights and corners that are prone to damage/chipping, it is very difficult to judge their brilliance without any ASET images or in-person inspection. Like fancy cut shape of pear, it is not easy to find diamonds that can perform as well as ideal rounds.

Oh yes, princess cut diamonds also appear more yellowish than rounds of the same color grade.

One great thing about Pricess cut is that it is very graceful looking.

I adore princess cut, I think they are so beautiful. I spotted this ring not long ago and had to take a pic, I think rotating the stone makes it look like a star.

Attachments

• 1443388580620.jpg
    1443388580620.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 610
I had a friend / coworker who would look at people's ERs on the elevator and said you could tell when a lady got engaged. Marquise was '80s and Princess the '90s. It was the late '90s, I just started working in finance and my boss had a Tiffany princess cut solitaire. From that moment I was set on princess cut. It's all so personal when it comes to ERs. As long as it is worn in good health and enjoyed, then it is beautiful.

I love princess cut. I've always been drawn to the square cuts...never cared for anything else. I got engaged in 2009. My princess is 1.22 ct, I color, SI2 (eye clean). I still love it and it's hard to tell, but my eternity band (bottom band) is small princess cuts too!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443453842.069638.jpg

I love princess cut. I've always been drawn to the square cuts...never cared for anything else. I got engaged in 2009. My princess is 1.22 ct, I color, SI2 (eye clean). I still love it and it's hard to tell, but my eternity band (bottom band) is small princess cuts too!

View attachment 3141380

I love your eternity ring. If you replace the middle diamond ring with a thin (1.5-2.0 mm) plain (spacer) ring, I suspect the overall look of the stack would appear cleaner and better highlight your other beautiful rings.

Oh yes, princess cut diamonds also appear more yellowish than rounds of the same color grade.

I have a princess cut engagement ring - center stone 1 ct. with side stones that are also princess. I also have a 5 stone band - princess stones. My stones are extremely white - almost colorless - so I don't agree with your statement.