The 60-Story House For One Family

That's wrong. I mean how greedy can you get when there is people out there without homes for themselves and their family.

LOL...the fact that some people and their families are homeless is NOT this man's responsibility or concern. We're all only responsible for ourselves, and our children if we have any. This man is supporting his family, so he's doing the right thing. Someone like me (who doesn't buy expensive bags) could say the same thing about people who buy bags that cost hundreds or thousands of dollars..."how greedy can you get when there are poor people out there?" The thing is that I'd never say that because people have a right to spend their money how they wish without being made to feel guilty, wasteful, or any other negative way. I don't see how this is such a hard concept to grasp. I really don't; it baffles me.

LOL...the fact that some people and their families are homeless is NOT this man's responsibility or concern. We're all only responsible for ourselves, and our children if we have any. This man is supporting his family, so he's doing the right thing. Someone like me (who doesn't buy expensive bags) could say the same thing about people who buy bags that cost hundreds or thousands of dollars..."how greedy can you get when there are poor people out there?" The thing is that I'd never say that because people have a right to spend their money how they wish without being made to feel guilty, wasteful, or any other negative way. I don't see how this is such a hard concept to grasp. I really don't; it baffles me.
I fail to see the humor in my comment.:confused1: Some people work and work and still can't afford a place to live, it doesn't make it their fault. Of course it's not his responsibility, but I personally find it ridiculous and selfish to buy a 60 story mansion while there are people and animals suffering out in the world and would just like to have something as little as a piece of bread or some water and here you have this man buying this extravagent house that no one in the world needs. He seems to be corrupt by money. I do buy higher-end bags, it's a hobby, but I still do my good deeds everyday, such as donating money to organizations, donating food to soup kithcens and animals shelters, donating clothes, etc. It wouldn't hurt this man to help one person or animal everday, and put this wasted money towards a better cause rather than splurging it on an unnecessary house like that. I mean, cmon. It saddens me that there are people like this man who wants to buy a ridiculous 60 story mansion, when there is living souls out there suffering and dying by the minute from various things such as inadequate doctor care or malnutritution.

Riddiculous?

Tacky and unnecessary?

Wow. LOL. The irony and hypocrisy. Does anyone see anything wrong with the negative comments regarding that guy on this thread? Insulting this man because his house is lavish and expensive...when a smaller house will do, no? His family can EASILY live in a smaller one, because a large, lavish mansion is waste and excess? Right? A waste of his money when a cheaper house can do?

Many people on this forum pay big bucks for designer bags...when a smaller, inexpensive, Walmart or Kmart tote will carry their wallet and chewing gum all the same, no? They can EASILY tote a much cheaper bag, because buying something designer and more expensive is waste and excess? Right? A waste of their money when a cheaper purse can do?

It's the same concept. People do what they want to with their own money...as is their right [to not be judged for doing so].

I agree with your comment, right on the money. We don't know that it is a waste, we also don't know the purpose of why he did this.

I fail to see the humor in my comment.:confused1: Some people work and work and still can't afford a place to live, it doesn't make it their fault. Of course it's not his responsibility, but I personally find it ridiculous and selfish to buy a 60 story mansion while there are people and animals suffering out in the world and would just like to have something as little as a piece of bread or some water and here you have this man buying this extravagent house that no one in the world needs. He seems to be corrupt by money. I do buy higher-end bags, it's a hobby, but I still do my good deeds everyday, such as donating money to organizations, donating food to soup kithcens and animals shelters, donating clothes, etc. It wouldn't hurt this man to help one person or animal everday, and put this wasted money towards a better cause rather than splurging it on an unnecessary house like that. I mean, cmon. It saddens me that there are people like this man who wants to buy a ridiculous 60 story mansion, when there is living souls out there suffering and dying by the minute from various things such as inadequate doctor care or malnutritution.

How do we know he isn't helping, or giving to charity? Why is it okay for you to lavish yourself with expensive high end bags, but yet it is okay to judge someone else.

wow that is quite excessive. when it comes to housing, i've learned to just get what i need.. though with things like that house, it's past the need and is just to the point of "i can buy it". shrugs.

How do we know he isn't helping, or giving to charity? Why is it okay for you to lavish yourself with expensive high end bags, but yet it is okay to judge someone else.

Let's just hope that people with so much money and so many advantages in life like this man can make a difference and can someday do so much good and come to their senses and open their eyes at the world suffering among people and animals that is taking place everyday instead of wasting money on a 60 story house.

Let's just hope that people with so much money and so many advantages in life like this man can make a difference and can someday do so much good and come to their senses and open their eyes at the world suffering among people and animals that is taking place everyday instead of wasting money on a 60 story house.

Okay, but someone could say the same about us spending thousands of dollars on bags. It's all relative, and we don't know that it is a waste. We don't know what his intent was to build this. Maybe he already is making a difference by employing 600 people with jobs amongst other things.

Okay, but someone could say the same about us spending thousands of dollars on bags. It's all relative, and we don't know that it is a waste. We don't know what his intent was to build this. Maybe he already is making a difference by employing 600 people with jobs amongst other things.
I believe the intentions were solely for himself and his small family and his 600 person staff to look after him to live there. I see greed written all over that.
I have never spend more than one thousand dollars on a bag, and I, as I have stated, do many things to help those less fortunate than I am, and I do my best to make things better for those who have nothing. If I had the kind of money this man has, and if I bought a house like that, I would be so overwhelmed by guilt that my life would be so miserable, but I guess that is just the person I am because I have opened my eyes and I am well aware of what suffering goes on everday out there. I feel guilty even thinking about living in a 60 story house with 600 people taking care of everything I do each day.

If he has enough money to build this monstrosity, maybe he is donating tons to charity. I really hope he is.
As far as the house goes, I do think it's his right to spend his money as he pleases. I also think it's kind of dumb. I wouldn't want to take the stairs every time I wanted to go to another room!

And sugarywitch seemed to hint that hiring so many employees might really have been to help out the community. After all, 60 helpers would probably be cheaper and less hectic for the family. Who wants 600 people milling around? You wouldn't be able to recognize them all, and you could easily get robbed. (Man, they must have some intense security! And how DO they use all 60 floors? So many questions...)

I would love a 2 story home for just us let alone a 60!! Lol...

I think it's his money, and if he's employing 600 people then that's good for him....although, 600 for one family is a little over the top but maybe it's just an excuse to hire them? u know, give them jobs?

I believe the intentions were solely for himself and his small family and his 600 person staff to look after him to live there. I see greed written all over that.
I have never spend more than one thousand dollars on a bag, and I, as I have stated, do many things to help those less fortunate than I am, and I do my best to make things better for those who have nothing. If I had the kind of money this man has, and if I bought a house like that, I would be so overwhelmed by guilt that my life would be so miserable, but I guess that is just the person I am because I have opened my eyes and I am well aware of what suffering goes on everday out there. I feel guilty even thinking about living in a 60 story house with 600 people taking care of everything I do each day.

You are making assumptions, unless you have facts to support your posts. You have no idea why he built a building that size, "just for his family". You don't see greed when you spend $900 on a bag, when other people are suffering?It sounds like it is okay for you to spend what you perceive as justified spending , but don't you think someone that is in poverty, would look at you just the same. Also, you have no clue if this man is giving back to society, just making assumptions based on your opinions. You aren't supplying the facts.So, how do you know he isn't helping the homeless and making sure he can help those that are less fortunate? Employing 600 people is definitely not hurting them, but giving them jobs, how is that a bad thing? You seem to be quick to judge when you don't know what is going on behind closed doors.

Yes, it's sad that there are so many people out there suffering in the world but he cant be held responsible for it all either. If that was the case then no one would ever become wealthy because it would all be taken away and given to someone else. Sure, it's the humane thing to do but what each person does with his/her money is his business. We can look down on it or we can just shrug it off and continue helping those who really need it. Eventually everyone will get what's coming to them anyways...