Can swift leather handle a bit of rain?

La Vanguardia

PAPER DOLL
O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
I've had my swift Birkin now for 6 months and it's still perfect. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to Vienna and I'd like to take my swift Birkin along. However, the weather says a bit of rain ... can swift handle a bit of water/rain at all? If not, then I guess I'm better off using my epsom Birkin.

TIA! :smile:

Thanks all!

Well, I'm back from Vienna! I decided to take my black epsom Birkin instead because it was easier to choose my outfits lol!

I went to Hermès and they had a beautiful 30cm Birkin in rouge imperial, suede leather, with palladium hardware. The SA said that rouge imperial only comes in suede ... it's not so lipstick red as rouge vif and not as dark as rouge h. I find rouge imperial to be a very good red neutral. I didn't get it because I'm not a fan of suede leather, but the color was beautiful.

The SA also confirmed that swift should be alright with rain.

I didn't get anything from H, but got other goodies (my main reason to fly to Vienna this weekend).

the earrings la van, you got the earrings?
dh was just in vienna too. brought me back a chocolate cake (sacher), and also treats from sprungli (flew out of zurich).